Sheedy on Moyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swerve Twitter but in general I think certain people are being too sensitive here. It's not like he had a pop at Moyes' wife or something -- he stated what (in his mind) is a fact: Moyes didn't care that much about the youth setup.

These moments of candor are somewhat rare and we all get excited but I'm not 100% sure it's a bad thing to have people speak their mind now and again.

Whether I personally am "offended" or think it's "unprofessional" pales in comparison to my hatred of the media's eagerness to finger point and blow out of proportion anything interesting anyone ever says.

We need more interesting people saying interesting and honest things; less media bores making people feel shame for speaking their mind.

Nice one Sheeds.
It's no wonder footballers walk around with their hands over their mouths and never, ever say what they're thinking when giving interviews.

I must say, I'm disappointed in Sheedy concerning this, that's why I haven't joined in. It looks worse on Kevin than Moyes that he didn't say it while Moyes was here (and presumably to his face) but waited until not only was he gone, but down and near out at United.

It was well known at the time, Sheedy didn't have to say anything back then and was in no place to say it so publicly anyway.. The reason it was going unnoticed by many is because the majority couldn't see past the Kenwright problem and that we had other big problems at Goodison, Moyes being one of them.
Trying to tell people what Moyes was like at the time was hard, because time and time again any talk about the Moysiah just got hijacked and turn into a anti Kenwright debate.

For anyone who wants to understand the timing of Sheedy's comments it was 12.05am - within a few hours after Adam Forshaw was named League One player of the year.

Sheedy worked with Forshaw and clearly rated the lad, as did many who bothered to watch him at Everton... Hence Sheedy's comments.

I think Sheedy is right to make the comments... its all very well mismanaging RVP, Kagawa, Mata - they are established and can get another big club, he has potentially been neglegent with talented youngsters unable to handle the rejection and never find their potential.

It's no wonder footballers walk around with their hands over their mouths and never, ever say what they're thinking when giving interviews.

Good point, see Carrick after Olympiacos game? Moyes sent him to do the interview like the bullying coward that he is. Carrick had a look on his face that was a close to "speak to that idiot in there" - he even stated "you are trying to get me to say something about the manager"

If he thought the manager was blameless he would have said "we let him down"

For anyone who wants to understand the timing of Sheedy's comments it was 12.05am - within a few hours after Adam Forshaw was named League One player of the year.

Sheedy worked with Forshaw and clearly rated the lad, as did many who bothered to watch him at Everton... Hence Sheedy's comments.

I think Sheedy is right to make the comments... its all very well mismanaging RVP, Kagawa, Mata - they are established and can get another big club, he has potentially been neglegent with talented youngsters unable to handle the rejection and never find their potential.

Sorry but since when does being league one player of the year translate into bejng good enough for a side with top 4 aspirations? Both Baxter and Forshaw were too slow and didnt havve the skill of others to make up for it. Forshaw's level is obviously the championship. Moyes gave him s go in the first team then got him some loan time and a move to another club. He's been part of giving this las a career like he has with many of evertons other academy grads who werent good enough. Why bother if he just didnt care?

Sheedy shouldnt be blaming Moyes because his kids werent good enough. If any of them turn up at a top 4 club i'll take it back but lets be honest who how the recently departed crop is going to?

The best product out of the workds bsst youth academy is struggling to get regular games for us, but somehow Moyes should have been playinv all these below par lads. What other manager in the league does this?

Not sure a player doing well in the first division is enough to slate Moyes youth activity, especially when you consider we made over 70mil on three young players under Moyes, and under Martinez we field players like Osman, Coleman, Barkley, Stones, Oviedo who Moyes has a lot of responsibility for, and have sold several players that have had chances here and not been good enough, Anichebe for example.

Throw in the punt to Fellaini, comments from Sheedy and he just sounds like more like he's got a chip on his shoulder than has something objective to say.

I'm still annoyed about Jose Baxter as well.

Good point, see Carrick after Olympiacos game? Moyes sent him to do the interview like the bullying coward that he is. Carrick had a look on his face that was a close to "speak to that idiot in there" - he even stated "you are trying to get me to say something about the manager"

I don't know why Sky, BT or anyone else even bothers with these interviews anymore. Players are given media coaching to ensure they never say anything remotely newsworthy, and managers are only entertaining when they're losing the plot.

'Romelu, you scored seven goals this afternoon to clinch the title, and last night you were voted the best player in history by your peers. You must be feeling pretty good about yourself?'

'I'm just happy we got the three points.'

'I bet you'll be out on the town tonight though?'

'No, I'm going to bed in a minute. We've got a game in three months.'

Sorry but since when does being league one player of the year translate into bejng good enough for a side with top 4 aspirations? Both Baxter and Forshaw were too slow and didnt havve the skill of others to make up for it. Forshaw's level is obviously the championship. Moyes gave him s go in the first team then got him some loan time and a move to another club. He's been part of giving this las a career like he has with many of evertons other academy grads who werent good enough. Why bother if he just didnt care?

Sheedy shouldnt be blaming Moyes because his kids werent good enough. If any of them turn up at a top 4 club i'll take it back but lets be honest who how the recently departed crop is going to?

The best product out of the workds bsst youth academy is struggling to get regular games for us, but somehow Moyes should have been playinv all these below par lads. What other manager in the league does this?

Ross Barkley went to 2 championship sides on loan and didn't really achieve a great deal there so your point is irrelevant to that degree... For a lad to win player of the year at 22 shows a great deal of potential and that he is someone who is playing below their level.

I'm not saying that Forshaw or Baxter would be first team regulars now, but then again I couldn't say that about Mustafi or Dier either despite thew fact that they were clearly better than Moyes thought.

For a club that hasn't had a great deal of money to spend over the last 10 years, you need to maximise the chances of every single young player being able to get into the first team squad.

We had what was it 3 seasons almost without buying a first team player? How many youngsters were promoted during that time? The squad was allowed to stagnate instead.

I'm not saying every youngster is capable of establishing a 10 year career at our club, but the number of promising players who departed with less than 90 minutes of Premier league football is shocking. They should have been given very opportunity to be prepared for, and given a chance to show what they could do in the squad.

I felt so sorry for him - it was clear he didnt want to be there. Not just that Moyes sent a player out, but that he didnt send one of the coaches. Just throw media friendly Phil Neville in front of the media, not one of your players. ITV handled that disgracefully as well. I've noticed this trend with interviews recently, especially those sky lot this weekend really going after moyes and mourinho.

Ross Barkley went to 2 championship sides on loan and didn't really achieve a great deal there so your point is irrelevant to that degree... For a lad to win player of the year at 22 shows a great deal of potential and that he is someone who is playing below their level.

I'm not saying that Forshaw or Baxter would be first team regulars now, but then again I couldn't say that about Mustafi or Dier either despite thew fact that they were clearly better than Moyes thought.

There is an argument that we should be developing relationships with clubs to loan/sell our players who won't get first team games and buy them back if they do well.

It isn't an Everton problem it is a british football problem in general. In some ways you are better being a star player for Burnley's academy than the same standard player at a bigger club as you'll get into the first team earlier and gain vital experience.

22 is not young anymore. Have a serious think about the level we're trying to get to. Arsenal have Ramsey and Wilshere who are both about that age. United have Januzaj, Liverpool have Sterling. City and Chelsea dont even seem to use youth players. Meanwhile we're kicking Moyes for letting Forshaw and Baxter, who in the seasons theyve been away from Everton have not done enough to get back to the premier league, 'slip through the net'. Theres a 90% chance theyre just not the level required. Rodwell and now Barkley both have/had their struggles for us and they were a million miles aheas o

Would Chelsea sell Lukaku for a small fee bacause he wasn't good enough to oust their first team strikers
22 is not young anymore. Have a serious think about the level we're trying to get to. Arsenal have Ramsey and Wilshere who are both about that age. United have Januzaj, Liverpool have Sterling. City and Chelsea dont even seem to use youth players. Meanwhile we're kicking Moyes for letting Forshaw and Baxter, who in the seasons theyve been away from Everton have not done enough to get back to the premier league, 'slip through the net'. Theres a 90% chance theyre just not the level required. Rodwell and now Barkley both have/had their struggles for us and they were a million miles aheas o

The point being Moyes only loaned him to Brentford at 20 in 2012 who then signed him, he made his first team debut at 17 in 2009 - spent 17-20 years of age playing reserve team football of which he won player of the year... wasted development and we now hear Moyes never bothered with them and here he goes and shows progression.

The reserves in Moyes years were a pit for wasted young talent, even rare gems like Rodwell and Barkley were mismanaged.

Take it from Sheedy, if Moyes didn't bother with the youth, he didn't bother with the youth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back