Match Thread Sheffield United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont agree. Sheffield is a poor team, besides Leeds, Sheffield is the worst team in terms of xG conceded and also in terms of attack, they also have pretty poor stats so far. Therefore I think a team without Calvert can still win against them. and against City, with players like James and Calvert fully fit, our chances of at least gaining a point will drastically increase- I think..
So not a huge rotation, but guys like Godfrey and Calvert must be rested.. its for the better long term.
I know Sheffield United are very bad but even a bad PL team can win a game if we rotate to heavy because our backup team would not be even a bad PL side. We can win but we have to show some respect and Richarlison is almost certainly out so DCL just can't be.

I know Sheffield United are very bad but even a bad PL team can win a game if we rotate to heavy because our backup team would not be even a bad PL side. We can win but we have to show some respect and Richarlison is almost certainly out so DCL just can't be.
I agree with you that a huge rotation is crazy at such a level.. even against Sheffield (its an away league game after all) BUT, for example Godfrey. this guy played every inch of the pitch and he is human. he played wing back, he played center defend, he did everything, he is barely rested since the league started.
i would rest Godfrey-Calvert, and thats it. these two are crucial pieces that must remain fully fit and fully rested against City.

I agree with you that a huge rotation is crazy at such a level.. even against Sheffield (its an away league game after all) BUT, for example Godfrey. this guy played every inch of the pitch and he is human. he played wing back, he played center defend, he did everything, he is barely rested since the league started.
i would rest Godfrey-Calvert, and thats it. these two are crucial pieces that must remain fully fit and fully rested against City.
I can maybe get behind that if James plays but honestly we've got such little chance of scoring without James, Richarlison and DCL that I'm not sure we can rest Dom without either of the others.

I can maybe get behind that if James plays but honestly we've got such little chance of scoring without James, Richarlison and DCL that I'm not sure we can rest Dom without either of the others.
I unfortunately agree with you. lack of creativity while attacking is the risk when you rest one of your best players.. btw i also agree that if James is not fit to play, resting Calvert is way riskier. if he plays however, i highly recommend we rest him, so that we can get the best out of him in the long run.

We need a very different mentality to the last four matches and we really need some James magic if possible.
Can see this going like Burnley if they score first and shut up shop but by the same token if we start bright and get a goal I can see it being quite comfortable.

Two goals right at the end tonight, this needs to be a pick yourself up off the floor performance. Holgate must play in place of Gomes and Gordon in place of either iwobi or Rich if still injured. Even if Rich is back, I would still play Gordon in place of Iwobi who was awful tonight
I think we could see the good Iwobi turn out here:)

Status
Not open for further replies.