Match Thread Sheffield United v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the ref wanted Tarks off because the EFC medical staff had immediately come on to check him so he must leave the pitch. Though when Ben Godfrey was put on then maybe he was not okay. Jordan Pickford did well with that triple save though. He saved the point.

Yeah was probably a bit of that too tbf. Not sure. It's clearly all a mess and people aren't really sure what's going on.

If it's our medical teams fault then they should be in trouble tbh. Amateur

Positives and negatives we can take from that.

Branthwaite, Beto, Danjuma* huge positives

Defence and midfield support defending is all over the place

Attack we look like we have added a bit more so midfield and defence need to work together a hell of a lot better

*Danjuma
Some may disagree but I feel he has an element of Gray in him.......looking for glory rather than seeing what is around him but I have no doubt he has all the attributes of a dangerous winger but all wingers seem to have a glory hunting instinct in them. Regardless, he is dangerous so a plus for me
Beto has only 45 minutes in the tank.

Onana MoM for me, none of them covered themselves in glory particularly, but felt he probably performed at the highest level of the lot of them.
Could have been Pickford but I have reservations about the strength of his wrists for their first and the goal line scramble at the death might also have been a bit self inflicted for the same reason.

By which time we will in all likelihood have different injiry problems. Absolutely left three wins out their start of the season.
In fairness everybody will be fit come the next game - bar Coleman. But I get your point, as it's not a season if we don't have multiple injury crises.

Really frustrating performance, good in spells but woeful in others. So many basic errors costing us and also wasteful when we get into good attacking positions

Tarky, Onana and Danjuma were, I thought, standout poor performers

Patterson, Branthwaite and Beto were excellent. Branthwaite is clutch. Really impressed with Beto so far, such a handful

If we continue now scoring goals we'll be ok. With Beto we probably beat Fulham and Wolves. Or at least get something from them. What's worrying is the defensive frailties particularly from Tarkowski. Young also is a liability. Will be interesting to see how we come back after the break. Fingers crossed.

Plus all the yellow cards not given for them..in the build-up of our second goal there are 2 blatant faults both deserving of a yellow card...yet nothing...then doucoure booked when it wasn't not even a fault.
Well glad the ref didnt stop play to give a yellow. Played on and we got a goal. Not sure what you would want here. Give 2 retrospective yellows after the goal....never going to happen. Agree though that the doucoure Yellow was total dross!!

Status
Not open for further replies.