Shokran Mustafi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not quite sure why the OP is being mocked.

He was held in high regard from what I'd heard and then we just spontaneously let him go? It's not like he's playing in league 2 or something -- he's gone to a Serie A team, so he can't be that bad can he?

At the very least it's a question worth asking I think.

He's not getting games, though. He's a CB who is on the bench at a struggling italian team. The CB on our bench is Distin, ffs.

Screen_shot_2009-09-05_at_24839_PM-586x389.png

So's Duffy and he's more experienced.

If Mustafi had gone to Sampdoria and wowed them, then yeah make a thread about the talent we let go but he's made one appearance in two years at a team who were in Serie B for most of that.

Ah I thought he went this summer. That makes it mildly different.

Just saying though. A player isn't gash just because they leave our youth set up. See Baines, Jagielka!

I remember reading reports of the youth players and signs being really positive, so I was surprised to find we'd let him go.

Just saying though. A player isn't gash just because they leave our youth set up. See Baines, Jagielka! .

Sure but in this specific case, he spent an entire year at a serie b team and made only one appearance and has yet to play even a minute in the top division.

I'm all for having a go at Moyes about not trusting youth but he hadn't exactly proved us wrong. Yet, anyway.

Sure but in this specific case, he spent an entire year at a serie b team and made only one appearance and has yet to play even a minute in the top division.

I'm all for having a go at Moyes about not trusting youth but he hadn't exactly proved us wrong. Yet, anyway.

I didn't say it was the wrong decision to let him go. This isn't my thread.

I said that it's worth wondering. It's a bit surprising when you hear good things about a prospect and then poof, they're gone. Like Wallace for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back