Shokran Mustafi

Status
Not open for further replies.

So at some point in time we had both mustafi and dier playing in our youth teams and we desp needed young cb's and we lost both FFS MOYLES

I found this quite bizzare that Moyes let him go; the club did a lot of work to get him over from Hamburg.

The problem is, nobody actually knows what goes on behind closed doors. The lad could have demanded a move, demanded first team football, this loads of reasons why he left and not all would be the clubs fault.

Every top club has the odd mistake like this though.

Man United released Pogba, Chelsea sold Matic only to buy him back, Liverpool released Ince - granted he hasn't really hit it off yet but could still be a good player in the future

Man United released Pogba, Chelsea sold Matic only to buy him back, Liverpool released Ince - granted he hasn't really hit it off yet but could still be a good player in the future
Not if I have anything to do with it.

Just like every other kid at Everton bar the exceptionally good ones - even Barks got short change from Moyes - sorry but he was too scared of his own shadow and to see his status diminished by chancing things on a kid , reflected in his tactics, particularly in the tough away games, and now magnified by not playing football the United Way - look at the facts

These are the players who, under Moyes, came through the Youth team and got MORE than 10 starts in the PL.

Osman - came through the ranks and became an international
Hibbert - already in the team
Anichebe - only 58 starts (many of which he didn't play 90 mins) and 72 off the bench in SEVEN years (an average of 8 a season)
Rodwell - sparingly albeit suffered injuries.
Rooney - obvious talent but only 40 starts from 76 games in 2 seasons..

10 others with 20 starts between them.. Vaughan (8), Barkley (4), Chadwick (3), Duffy (emergency, 2 starts), Clarke 2, Baxter 1 - and these only used as sub: McAleny, Hughes, Agard, Forshaw.

So just 5 given half a chance, one of whom had already broken through (Hibbert) and another who was exceptional (Rooney).. hardly indicative of someone giving youth a great shout.

I think the myth looking at that how we was led to believe that moyes activity employed youth was the outcomes of Rooney and Rodwell and the talk of Barkley already being lined up for Chelsea on his rare appearances.

I think Moyes did have fans like me brainwashed at times as apart from the FA Cup in 95 I new no better to what Everton could possibly achieve

Man United released Pogba, Chelsea sold Matic only to buy him back

In both of those cases the player desperately wanted out because they were rotting in the reserves. The Manager flatly refused to give either them game time to show they were up to it. Both players moved for First team football and showed instantly that they were ready and a better option than who they were being kept out of the team by. The mistake was not giving them the chance to prove themselves.

Ince isn't in the same league as either of them and he had the chances early on, but he wasn't good enough to get into the first team of a top end club on merit. I have my doubt that he is even now.
*awaits us signing Ince now I've said it*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back