Shokran Mustafi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every top club has the odd mistake like this though.

Man United released Pogba, Chelsea sold Matic only to buy him back, Liverpool released Ince - granted he hasn't really hit it off yet but could still be a good player in the future

Thing is mate the smaller the squad then the less excuse their is for a young player making it after leaving, not saying it should never happen but the likelihood of a young player not being given a chance at a 'smaller' team should be greatly less than the likes of United or Chelsea

Fact was Moyes ignored what was happening in the youth ranks

So at some point in time we had both mustafi and dier playing in our youth teams and we desp needed young cb's and we lost both FFS MOYLES

Dier was on loan from Sporting Lisbon, he was never our player.

Apparently Moyes wanted to name Dier on the bench a few times but the terms of his loan meant that he could only play below the first team.

I used to watch Shkodran with the reserves and to be fair, I can see why he was let go. He might have come on leaps and bounds but Duffy looked better and Mustafi had the turning circle of a container ship.

Apparently Moyes wanted to name Dier on the bench a few times but the terms of his loan meant that he could only play below the first team.

I used to watch Shkodran with the reserves and to be fair, I can see why he was let go. He might have come on leaps and bounds but Duffy looked better and Mustafi had the turning circle of a container ship.
I just don't get why we loaned a youth play if there was no benefit for us like a future signing fee or something

I just don't get why we loaned a youth play if there was no benefit for us like a future signing fee or something

I can't figure it out myself but I suspect he either chose to remain in Portugal, or we couldn't justify stumping up what Lisbon wanted. We will never know unfortunately.

"But in all honesty Jo really does deserve his call up - and those City and Everton fans laughing at seeing his name now, might just have some humble pie served to them in the summer."

Humble pie? So if he scores in the world cup that makes his time at us when he was gash irrelevant? What a silly comment.

David Moyes is by nature conservative. In the later years of his time at Everton he became ever more so. If he had decided to stay this season there is absolutely no way that he would have trusted Stones to play as many games as he has done.

Yeah but who would think that while with us that someone who represented Germany regularly at under 18, under 19 and under 20, would turn out to be a decent player......
Yep...absolutely no pattern there for Mr Man Utd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back