Should he be sacked

Should he be sacked

• Yes

Votes: 211 53.0%
  • No

Votes: 187 47.0%

• Total voters
Take a step back and look at situation throughly, Palace had a core group of decent and quick players. They have a stable ownership structure, their fans expectations are just to be a PL team. It kind of gives anyone coming in a free hit unless they are truly out of their depth (FdB).

We do not have the players to go at teams and dominate the possession, when that happens (Fulham and Wolves to name two at home last year) we don't take our chances, eventually run out of ideas and hope and more often than not take a sucker punch at the other end.

If I were an opposition manager with an iffy team, I would say let Everton have the ball and we'll play on the counter. Get a progressive manager who wants possession and that's what will happen.
They had the same players that were 5pts from safety.
The change in manager changed their fortunes
We would be happy with being a PL team for now too, isn't that the main argument from those wanting to stick with Dyche?
Better managers find better ways to use players.
Do you think a manger that actually works on attacking patterns of play could not get more of a tune out of these players than Dycheball does?
Harrison under Bielsa, DCL under Carlo are two good examples

The stable ownership point is the only one I agree with, but it is a key issue for sure

They had the same players that were 5pts from safety.
The change in manager changed their fortunes
We would be happy with being a PL team for now too, isn't that the main argument from those wanting to stick with Dyche?
Better managers find better ways to use players.
Do you think a manger that actually works on attacking patterns of play could not get more of a tune out of these players than Dycheball does?
Harrison under Bielsa, DCL under Carlo are two good examples

The stable ownership point is the only one I agree with, but it is a key issue for sure

You're talking about two players though in different teams that had the rest of the players designed to play in a certain way to compliment that. Harrison benefited from the way everyone would attack, that would free him up as it's not just him one v one which isn't his strength. DCL was playing with Richarlison, James, Sigurdsson, had Digne one side and a four years younger Coleman on the other. If you put these players singly in other teams with better players or better attributes then of course they will perform better. It's the collective we've got where it starts falling down.

If we are to switch our style of play, at a minimum we need two quick offensively minded full backs (that can run up and down all game). That would give McNeil and Harrison and option to pass or even used as a decoy so they have a bit more time and space. Doucoure isn't that type of player so he gets binned, however we lose some of our first line defensive ability which was obvious if you watched the second half against Roma. This was particularly an issue under Lampard when our whole team was just bypassed with one through ball and we'd often concede.

Dyche is of course not blameless in all of this, he could try playing Harrison on the left for starters. Worked on Patterson to make him a player capable of doing those things we need. He can't be blamed for not putting the ball in the back of the net though and this is where our players have consistently let the club down. Score first and our way of playing makes sense and we often go on to win.

You're talking about two players though in different teams that had the rest of the players designed to play in a certain way to compliment that. Harrison benefited from the way everyone would attack, that would free him up as it's not just him one v one which isn't his strength. DCL was playing with Richarlison, James, Sigurdsson, had Digne one side and a four years younger Coleman on the other. If you put these players singly in other teams with better players or better attributes then of course they will perform better. It's the collective we've got where it starts falling down.

If we are to switch our style of play, at a minimum we need two quick offensively minded full backs (that can run up and down all game). That would give McNeil and Harrison and option to pass or even used as a decoy so they have a bit more time and space. Doucoure isn't that type of player so he gets binned, however we lose some of our first line defensive ability which was obvious if you watched the second half against Roma. This was particularly an issue under Lampard when our whole team was just bypassed with one through ball and we'd often concede.

Dyche is of course not blameless in all of this, he could try playing Harrison on the left for starters. Worked on Patterson to make him a player capable of doing those things we need. He can't be blamed for not putting the ball in the back of the net though and this is where our players have consistently let the club down. Score first and our way of playing makes sense and we often go on to win.
Good points
But it doesn't make stomaching Dycheball and his new found arrogance talking down to fans like we've never watched football before any easier. He's playing players that have proven they aren't good enough when options are there. O'Brien and Dixon for starters day 1. We looked like we had no preseason and Brighton looked like they'd been playing under the new lad for years

I did not hear him say 0-7 is simply unacceptable and we will fix it, just that fans aren't realistic, which is simply not true.

If the club was sold today I'd want him gone tomorrow and besides wanting someone more exciting before he was hired I've been a defender of his for a long time, even admitting I got it wrong. Something has changed though. Could it be that he's not been offered a contract extension? He's in self preservation mode and that never ends well. But we have no structure and we'll have to listen to him for a while yet

Good points
But it doesn't make stomaching Dycheball and his new found arrogance talking down to fans like we've never watched football before any easier. He's playing players that have proven they aren't good enough when options are there. O'Brien and Dixon for starters day 1. We looked like we had no preseason and Brighton looked like they'd been playing under the new lad for years

I did not hear him say 0-7 is simply unacceptable and we will fix it, just that fans aren't realistic, which is simply not true.

If the club was sold today I'd want him gone tomorrow and besides wanting someone more exciting before he was hired I've been a defender of his for a long time, even admitting I got it wrong. Something has changed though. Could it be that he's not been offered a contract extension? He's in self preservation mode and that never ends well. But we have no structure and we'll have to listen to him for a while yet

You're right, he should be starting O'Brien, hopefully he doesn't just reintroduce Young back in the side. He lives and dies by these decisions though and that's what will happen if we don't pick up points at a regular interval.

All I want to see is the fans back the side until he goes, else it just becomes a self fulfilling prophesy (in quicker time) and that helps none of us as it means the club is in crisis. And don't expect a new manager to pick up this squad and have an instant fix, we will still play rubbish football until the players are here to play in a different way.

You're right, he should be starting O'Brien, hopefully he doesn't just reintroduce Young back in the side. He lives and dies by these decisions though and that's what will happen if we don't pick up points at a regular interval.

All I want to see is the fans back the side until he goes, else it just becomes a self fulfilling prophesy (in quicker time) and that helps none of us as it means the club is in crisis. And don't expect a new manager to pick up this squad and have an instant fix, we will still play rubbish football until the players are here to play in a different way.
Understand your position whilst not necessarily aligning with it .
Truth is though the support is clearly reaching a collective point of frustration, anger and disillusionment with the club at all levels.
Only winning a few games and perhaps being a little braver and more competitive on the pitch would help quell the rising tide of negativity.

We had the same threads last season and he got the team to 50 points.
Unfortunately that does not point to a similar outcome this season. I think the shock of the points deduction galvanised the squad to battle harder last year.

Our pre-season form has been poor and we have been absolutely shown up in our opening two games. I don't see how anyone can have confidence in a comfortable finish.

Unfortunately that does not point to a similar outcome this season. I think the shock of the points deduction galvanised the squad to battle harder last year.

Our pre-season form has been poor and we have been absolutely shown up in our opening two games. I don't see how anyone can have confidence in a comfortable finish.
The promoted teams are better this year too along with Forest showing marked improvement already

The promoted teams are better this year too along with Forest showing marked improvement already
I don't know whether they are better because I haven't watched them, but we can't rely on other teams being worse than us again.

I admit it is very early in the season to want your manager gone, and I might feel differently if I thought we could go on a run. I contrast Dyche with the likes of Iraola who inherited an under-performing squad, sussed out the problems and got them going in the right direction, to the extent that they come to Goodison confident of getting a result.

We seem to just keep doing the same thing and hope for the best, without any confidence of getting a win home or away.

How much would it cost the club to bin him and the backroom staff?

No matter how dreadful it get's, I don't think we can afford it at present.

If the proposed takeover goes through, and we continue to play crap, and struggle, then it's probable he will go before the season's end.

Whatever happens, no way will SD manage EFC, in the first season at BMD.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back