Should he be sacked

Should he be sacked

• Yes

Votes: 211 53.0%
  • No

Votes: 187 47.0%

• Total voters
Probably but can’t afford to waste the money on a pay off and the money to get another manager in
Not sure it would be that expensive anymore? Sounded like his package was heavily weighted towards staying-up bonuses. He would have gladly signed up to those terms as he didn’t have a flurry of other options. People might talk about the lure of the PL, our history and a massive salary we would offer, but an exciting up and coming manager of quality would be well advised by their reps to steer clear given the squad, the ownership chaos, impending PSR verdicts over interest, current form…

Not sure the cost of binning him is the main issue any more. Dread to think who we’d end up with tbh if Mosh was choosing.

Not sure it would be that expensive anymore? Sounded like his package was heavily weighted towards staying-up bonuses. He would have gladly signed up to those terms as he didn’t have a flurry of other options. People might talk about the lure of the PL, our history and a massive salary we would offer, but an exciting up and coming manager of quality would be well advised by their reps to steer clear given the squad, the ownership chaos, impending PSR verdicts over interest, current form…

Not sure the cost of binning him is the main issue any more. Dread to think who we’d end up with tbh if Mosh was choosing.
You only have to look at the calibre candidates we have interviewed and appointed since ancellotti left its absolutely frightening god knows who if there is anyone at the club to sack dyche .

We've got Bournemouth, Villa, Leicester and Palace in the next 4.

2 wins from those 4,
or,
A win and 2 decent performance draws: Keep him.

Anything else: Sack him off.

Couldn’t agree more he has a lesser win % than most all of the managers that we sacked recently
Totally think he’s lost the players and now most of the fans if we wait till a new owner we will be down
Screenshot_20240825_190920_Chrome.webp

The correct question is never "should the manger be sacked?"

The correct question is ALWAYS "is there a better manager currently available?"

In the meantime, questions do need to be asked of the current coaching staff, and the selection policy. General performance in games has been poor, level of effort in games is poor, picking Keane ahead of O'Brien is utter nonsense.

So to those advocating sacking Dyche: I see what you're grumbling about and I'm not going to say you don't have any valid points. What I want to know is who are you looking at as a replacement?

The correct question is never "should the manger be sacked?"

The correct question is ALWAYS "is there a better manager currently available?"

In the meantime, questions do need to be asked of the current coaching staff, and the selection policy. General performance in games has been poor, level of effort in games is poor, picking Keane ahead of O'Brien is utter nonsense.

So to those advocating sacking Dyche: I see what you're grumbling about and I'm not going to say you don't have any valid points. What I want to know is who are you looking at as a replacement?

Not up to us but the lack of a functioning board and the bonus of, what's proven to be, an incompetent owner make this whole scenario null and void

My view this season was give him 10 games before judging him
Simply my view was if I seen a improvement in our style of play and decent points tally, I was willing to stick with him

2 games in, and it hasn’t started well☹️

I think the most important thing is not who the next manager/coach is, its WHO picks that individual for me. Will it be the DoF (Thelwell or another) or will it be Moshiri or someone else. I think the next appointment needs to be a DoF one so that there is genuine continuity between the two and they're singing from the same hymn sheet.

If the bar for being sacked is two games at the start of a season, it's very possible we are never having a manager get more than 1 year here.

I hate how modern football has managed to cultivate the idea a club is in crisis after a couple of games to garner clickbait headlines and the fans are falling for it hook, line and sinker.

I don't know about others but I'm taking that winless run last season in to consideration. It's not like he/we haven't had "previous". The fact we escaped the point deduction crap hides that issue for some, apparently.

We've got Bournemouth, Villa, Leicester and Palace in the next 4.

2 wins from those 4,
or,
A win and 2 decent performance draws: Keep him.

Anything else: Sack him off.
Four matches shouldn’t really influence this. He’s been here for plenty of time and he’s managed at this level for close to a decade. There is plenty of evidence already to make a determination on what he can and can’t do.

If the bar for being sacked is two games at the start of a season, it's very possible we are never having a manager get more than 1 year here.

I hate how modern football has managed to cultivate the idea a club is in crisis after a couple of games to garner clickbait headlines and the fans are falling for it hook, line and sinker.
The bar is ten years of being the same crap manager. Idk why people think this is a two game induced panic. Where we’re going is an entirely predictable trajectory that could have been seen the second Dyche was brought in.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back