Tony Pulis
Joe Kinnear
Dave Basset
Neil Warnock
Steve McLaren
H from steps
Barbara Windsor
Timmy Mallet
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but at least one of those fine selections is sadly unattainable

1f14cc7a-28fe-4c6f-9353-9d85a60de786.jpeg

But, he knows Dyche will keep us up on a minimal outlay.
Something there would be doubts about with any new manager with this squad.
If we are rock bottom at Xmas and relegation staring us in the face, Dyche will be gone. It's not as if he hasn't managed a relegated team is it?
Paddy Power already paid out on us being relegated!!!

Dyche can bemoan the lack of money and squad strength all he wants. He's the manager he's massively underperforming his one dimensional route one tactics are rudimentary. The players aren't the best and there's some injuries but he should be getting more out of them, he's simply applying his neanderthal tactics and it is horrible. If we had a win under our belts the angst wouldn't be so bad but we haven't, we've lost 2 we're bottom and 0-7 goal difference. He's babbling making excuses particularly the nonsense this week and last week over fans and expectations. He's blaming the situation no money having to sell Onana. I mean yes but he's got new players but he started the season going backwards with his team selection not forwards. He's running out of ideas so he's blaming everyone else, but himself.

In my opinion he has lost the players, they don’t seem to have any confidence in what he is doing. I can see why he has lost their belief. However I would only ever sack a manager when I had a better replacement already lined up. If the last few years has taught us anything it is that we don’t have a plan, we just do things on the hoof and pray for the best. I honestly believe Dyche has run his course with Everton, unless he completely changes his attitude towards team selection and he somehow learns how to set up the team to get the best from them and how to change things when they go wrong we are going to be relegated. I cannot understand why pundits say things like Dyche can save a team from relegation, he is a scrapper, he knows how to avoid the drop. That is all nonsense, what they really mean is that he is a poor manager and cannot get a team playing well enough to be further up the table so that they aren’t relegation fodder.
Couldn’t agree more he has a lesser win % than most all of the managers that we sacked recently
Totally think he’s lost the players and now most of the fans if we wait till a new owner we will be down

I think when he turned out at home on the first day of the new season with that team selection that said, business as usual, ignoring all but one new signing the writing was on the wall, or should have been. As stated in another thread, our esteemed owner couldn't give a flying fig about this club anymore, his focus is on recouping most if not all the money he has sunk into this club. SD is fast losing the fanbase, I believe he has already lost the dressing room, those players can and have shown a willingness in the past to find a way to win, in both those matches, for whatever reason, they seem stuck in first gear. I hear what SD says pre and post-match, He works with and watches those players during the week in training, and he has a game plan (whether it appears to be plan 'A' or bust or not). When that whistle blows though something else happens, and it is not pretty, and could land us in trouble eventually. Once more, my friends we find ourselves facing Donny in the Mickey Mouse Cup, hoping against all odds that the lads in Royal Blue can find a way to kick-start their season ahead of Bournemouth, it all feels very familiar. Those who steer this club would not look out of place sitting in the Headquarters of the White Star Line circa Wednesday 12th April 1912, let's just hope we are still afloat before Wednesday 12 April 2025!

Dyche can bemoan the lack of money and squad strength all he wants. He's the manager he's massively underperforming his one dimensional route one tactics are rudimentary. The players aren't the best and there's some injuries but he should be getting more out of them, he's simply applying his neanderthal tactics and it is horrible. If we had a win under our belts the angst wouldn't be so bad but we haven't, we've lost 2 we're bottom and 0-7 goal difference. He's babbling making excuses particularly the nonsense this week and last week over fans and expectations. He's blaming the situation no money having to sell Onana. I mean yes but he's got new players but he started the season going backwards with his team selection not forwards. He's running out of ideas so he's blaming everyone else, but himself.
Very good summary. The alarm bells have been ringing loudly (Coventry was the most glaring) all through pre-season. No fresh ideas, same couple of defenders who have seen off multiple managers and are viewed with derision by their own fans getting yet another fresh start. Many chose to ignore the warning signs.

Doncaster will likely despatch us next week and we have another run of presently unwinnable league games coming up. Unless injuries further change his hand, he isn’t starting any of the new players either. We are into tail-spin territory here. Dinosaur.

Very good summary. The alarm bells have been ringing loudly (Coventry was the most glaring) all through pre-season. No fresh ideas, same couple of defenders who have seen off multiple managers and are viewed with derision by their own fans getting yet another fresh start. Many chose to ignore the warning signs.

Doncaster will likely despatch us next week and we have another run of presently unwinnable league games coming up. Unless injuries further change his hand, he isn’t starting any of the new players either. We are into tail-spin territory here. Dinosaur.

doncaster won’t dispatch us

we will beat them think it’s all rosy then lose saturday 😂

He’ll have to buck his ideas up fairly sharpish. Maybe he is seeing something we aren’t. All I have seen is poor team selection, and poor score lines and given he has selected certain defenders, one of whom he said had had a good pre season, between those pre season games and the two games this season, the record stands at P6 W1 D1 L4 with GF4 and GA13 a GD of -9.

Now I know stats can be used unreasonably and I probably have here but that does tell a story of how under prepared we have been, especially when 3 games were against lower league opposition where we lost 2 and won 1 with a negative goal difference.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back