Should he be sacked

Should he be sacked

• Yes

Votes: 211 53.0%
  • No

Votes: 187 47.0%

• Total voters
There is so much that I dislike about Dyche yet I feel that we still owe a debt of gratitude for saving the club after
the fat Frank disaster. The Ashley Young signing was an awful thing to see, keeping that con artist Deli in the picture
is another, the lack of a football plan or style is another, the failiure to sign a fast player another.

If he can sort out the DCL issue and sort out the attack somewhat before the 30th August then he still has my vote.

Last year he made similar mistakes in the opening games and then learnt his lesson and it seemed he knew his most effective players were and our form turned around. The problem is he's making all the same mistakes again e.g. starting Keane. So you start to lose confidence that he actually knows what he's doing. O'Brien, Ndiaye at a minimum need to start against Bournemouth in place of Keane and Doucoure or I'll move to the sack him camp.

Makes no difference whether he should be sacked or not. He won’t be going anywhere until the ownership/finances are sorted at the earliest. Moshiri won’t be spending money on a manager when he’s about to leave.

Sack him and replace him with an equally crap manager and then sack him and rinse and repeat.

Until the club is metaphorically (and possibly physically) burnt to the ground and every aspect of ownership, leadership, values, vision, culture, belief and hell even the doyleys, the brand of coffee they serve, the urinal cakes they use, the lawnmower brand, everything is changed nothing will change.

In their present state why bother watching? The result will always be failure.
We do need a hard reset. Feels like Every relegation we avoid prolongs the agony.
Look at villa and Newcastle. It took a relegation to clear the dead wood.
Dyche will keep us up and he can’t be claimed for that.
I doubt many managers would improve on his position last season though.

In my opinion he has lost the players, they don’t seem to have any confidence in what he is doing. I can see why he has lost their belief. However I would only ever sack a manager when I had a better replacement already lined up. If the last few years has taught us anything it is that we don’t have a plan, we just do things on the hoof and pray for the best. I honestly believe Dyche has run his course with Everton, unless he completely changes his attitude towards team selection and he somehow learns how to set up the team to get the best from them and how to change things when they go wrong we are going to be relegated. I cannot understand why pundits say things like Dyche can save a team from relegation, he is a scrapper, he knows how to avoid the drop. That is all nonsense, what they really mean is that he is a poor manager and cannot get a team playing well enough to be further up the table so that they aren’t relegation fodder.

Should he be sacked
Why sack him?
Any new manager coming in would have the same squad to work with, all the same problems, and even less money as we’d have to pay Dyche and his team off.
Two games with a bunch of key injuries and the knicker irrigation kicks in. All sadly predictable

There is so much that I dislike about Dyche yet I feel that we still owe a debt of gratitude for saving the club after
the fat Frank disaster. The Ashley Young signing was an awful thing to see, keeping that con artist Deli in the picture
is another, the lack of a football plan or style is another, the failiure to sign a fast player another.

If he can sort out the DCL issue and sort out the attack somewhat before the 30th August then he still has my vote.
Hate this saved the club. We stayed up for one reason and one reason only, Bournemouth had been on the ale before our game against them, had they not we would have lost and gone down. Last season his run was worse then Benitez run and the football far worse

Why sack him?
Any new manager coming in would have the same squad to work with, all the same problems, and even less money as we’d have to pay Dyche and his team off.
Two games with a bunch of key injuries and the knicker irrigation kicks in. All sadly predictable
Not just 2 games though is it, it’s 2 season of awful football which is getting worse, with horrendous runs. Lack of goal scoring and now lack of defensive ability.

Get him gone get someone in with a more interesting football philosophy then 11 behind the ball boot it up to no one

Not just 2 games though is it, it’s 2 season of awful football which is getting worse, with horrendous runs. Lack of goal scoring and now lack of defensive ability.

Get him gone get someone in with a more interesting football philosophy then 11 behind the ball boot it up to no one

A “more interesting philosophy”???
:lol: :lol: :lol: 🙄

Christ! Have you any idea what trouble the Club has been in for the last 2-3 years?
What is the point of changing the philosophy when we are down to the bare bones and struggling with the basics? That just adds complication and costs.
The first thing a new manager will want is new players, and we can barely afford to keep the bare minimum of a squad.

Yes it’s not pretty, and we are struggling, but this is SURVIVAL.

What planet are you from??
Do you think a new manager will come in, spend a couple of hundred million on new player that will play expansive, exciting football? We don’t have a functioning owner at the moment?? We have just HAD to sell players so we don’t get docked points again and your biggest concern is the style of football?? Can you not see the state that Kenwright and Moshiri have brought us to and how crippled we are by it?

If you want to direct your anger at someone and get them replaced it should be Moshiri.

A “more interesting philosophy”???
:lol: :lol: :lol: 🙄

Christ! Have you any idea what trouble the Club has been in for the last 2-3 years?
What is the point of changing the philosophy when we are down to the bare bones and struggling with the basics? That just adds complication and costs.
The first thing a new manager will want is new players, and we can barely afford to keep the bare minimum of a squad.

Yes it’s not pretty, and we are struggling, but this is SURVIVAL.

What planet are you from??
Do you think a new manager will come in, spend a couple of hundred million on new player that will play expansive, exciting football? We don’t have a functioning owner at the moment?? We have just HAD to sell players so we don’t get docked points again and your biggest concern is the style of football?? Can you not see the state that Kenwright and Moshiri have brought us to and how crippled we are by it?

If you want to direct your anger at someone and get them replaced it should be Moshiri.
Again this is balls, manager come in to clubs all the time and fix the philosophy and win games,
You think the players like to play 11 behind the ball and boot it up field to no one.
You got a striker who a fantastic header of the ball but the wingers NEVER go to the byline and cross, it’s all 40 yard cross field balls.
I’d like to see the team play any football

Again this is balls, manager come in to clubs all the time and fix the philosophy and win games,
You think the players like to play 11 behind the ball and boot it up field to no one.
You got a striker who a fantastic header of the ball but the wingers NEVER go to the byline and cross, it’s all 40 yard cross field balls.
I’d like to see the team play any football
So you would like to see the bare bones of a mismatched squad take MORE chances at the back to put the emphasis on scoring more, when they have already been beaten 3-0 and 4-0 in their only two games this season?

So you would like to see the bare bones of a mismatched squad take MORE chances at the back to put the emphasis on scoring more, when they have already been beaten 3-0 and 4-0 in their only two games this season?
It’s not a mismatch squad though is it, it’s a top 12 squad but we play like a newly promoted team every game. Fed up of people saying all the players are crap which isn’t true, some have quality but they’re set up to fail by a bad manager. Like Benitez and Lampard where.

Makes no difference whether he should be sacked or not. He won’t be going anywhere until the ownership/finances are sorted at the earliest. Moshiri won’t be spending money on a manager when he’s about to leave.
Maybe so, but imagine what it's going to cost Moshiri if we fall into the Championship. That'll make the cost of sacking Dyche look like chickenfeed.

It’s not a mismatch squad though is it, it’s a top 12 squad but we play like a newly promoted team every game. Fed up of people saying all the players are crap which isn’t true, some have quality but they’re set up to fail by a bad manager. Like Benitez and Lampard where.
Are we looking at the same squad?

We have perhaps 3-4 players that would get in a top 12 team and of those DCL and probably Branthwaite want away. The rest are either frees (players that nobody else wanted due to their age or injury problems), young players with no experience, or players brought in with what little money we can scrape together from desperate relegated clubs needing to offload.

The fact Dyche has us in the top 12 (if you take away the points deduction) was a miracle and shows we were massively overperforming given the circumstances. Those circumstances have not gone away. The threat of another points deduction might have receded, but only because we had to sell players and buy cheaper, less experienced players to pad out the squad, and yet we still only have 14-15 fit players to choose from with 3-4 of those being goalkeepers.

Yeah, so let’s start playing dynamic, expansive football with a squad we don’t have and bunch of players that wouldn’t get a game for our well-resourced opposition.

Again, Dyche is not the problem here, it has been the Board and Owner. The thing that has really crippled us was the massive spend on players like Rodriguez and managers like Ancelotti to play dynamic, exciting football, when we don’t have the income or continued investment to do it. You need to build up to that over many years of stability and good management. You don’t get that by sacking managers every year/year and a half after two rotten games.

Maybe so, but imagine what it's going to cost Moshiri if we fall into the Championship. That'll make the cost of sacking Dyche look like chickenfeed.
But, he knows Dyche will keep us up on a minimal outlay.
Something there would be doubts about with any new manager with this squad.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back