Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Should Martinez be sacked? (Post-Hull poll)

Should Martinez be sacked

• Yes

Votes: 294 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 509 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem with that is do you really have confidence in who RM will look to bring in? Hardly gives me any confidence to be honest. If he goes back looking at Wigan for players he needs to get the sack just for that!
the only wigan one i would look at is mcmanaman, even then wouldnt be to fussed,
we need a few leaders on the pitch with a real will to win and presence and not scared to tell the others if they arnt doing it, think we are really lacking as a team a few like that at the moment.

At this rate the question is when will Martinez be sacked not if he should or not be sacked. He spent good money and gave us Robles and Alcaraz. Moreover Lukaku has gone backwards due to the poor service and lack of confidence. The defence is awful. I prefer Distin even at his worst to Alcaraz but Mr Martinez seems to think otherwise. The yes camp is on the increase since the first poll and it would be interesting to see what happens when we fail to beat City, Pulis and C Palace probably losing the majority. Last year he did well but remember Man Utd had a terrible season and the team was already quite strong. Is this enough to keep him here? Spending so much, being in freefall ( 1 win in 8) and tactically a disaster does not merit he remains. I only hope we realise sooner than later. I think Royle until the end of the season makes sense. He can do what he did when he succeeded Mike Walker. I am against getting managers without a track record of saving teams from the drop. Let us be honest we need someone to get us through a relegation dogfight.

At this rate the question is when will Martinez be sacked not if he should or not be sacked. He spent good money and gave us Robles and Alcaraz. Moreover Lukaku has gone backwards due to the poor service and lack of confidence. The defence is awful. I prefer Distin even at his worst to Alcaraz but Mr Martinez seems to think otherwise. The yes camp is on the increase since the first poll and it would be interesting to see what happens when we fail to beat City, Pulis and C Palace probably losing the majority. Last year he did well but remember Man Utd had a terrible season and the team was already quite strong. Is this enough to keep him here? Spending so much, being in freefall ( 1 win in 8) and tactically a disaster does not merit he remains. I only hope we realise sooner than later. I think Royle until the end of the season makes sense. He can do what he did when he succeeded Mike Walker. I am against getting managers without a track record of saving teams from the drop. Let us be honest we need someone to get us through a relegation dogfight.

Well Martinez does have a decent record of keeping teams up when facing relegation.

I suppose that's because he knows more than you the negative influence this under-performing 37 year old is having on the team; that and the fact he's won the FA Cup and took a team in the PL to a 72 point haul and you haven't.

Does anybody think Bob is going to turn this around I really doubt it as the last 4 games we don't look interested not one bit of fight for Bob of any player so for me it's over.

Mad that basically 40% want him sacked, but it shows how bad we really are at the minute. I dunno where I stand, I feel guilty if I say he should be sacked but I'm really worried. He's a man that doesn't try and address the obvious defensive problems, I'm 19 and I can't remember an Everton side this dis-organised. I don't think he's the man to take us forward anymore if I'm honest.

Doesn't help that he's lost the dressing room, the players aren't playing for him it's clear to see.

Mad that basically 40% want him sacked, but it shows how bad we really are at the minute. I dunno where I stand, I feel guilty if I say he should be sacked but I'm really worried. He's a man that doesn't try and address the obvious defensive problems, I'm 19 and I can't remember an Everton side this dis-organised. I don't think he's the man to take us forward anymore if I'm honest.

Doesn't help that he's lost the dressing room, the players aren't playing for him it's clear to see.

who can... if not martinez - who is a progressive manager?

who can... if not martinez - who is a progressive manager?

Haha I don't have a clue who I'd take in. But the likes of Pardew, Bruce and other p*ss poor managers are out-doing Martinez tactically and because of that I would take any half decent manager till the end of the season to make sure we stay in the league, how bad is that? Basic managers know that sorting the defence is VITAL, the basis of any good side is the defence, what is the first thing Mourinho has done at every side he's been at?

I'm fearing relegation because the form we're in is bad, it's not as if we're unlucky the performances are awful, we're the worst team to watch by a mile and Martinez refuses to put emphasis on our backline.

Problem with that is do you really have confidence in who RM will look to bring in? Hardly gives me any confidence to be honest. If he goes back looking at Wigan for players he needs to get the sack just for that!

The thing is, it doesn't really matter who he brings in....they will have to comply with his way of playing.

And uv the can't step up then we are screwed again.

For example, we are crying out for a no nonsense, agricultural cente half to command the air at the back and lace the ball to safety instead of playing tiki rotten taki in the box and short passing it out to the likes of Barry and McGeady fir them to screw up and the ball to wind up in our net.

People of Shawcross's ilk (not him, of course.....but an effective, nasty cart horse like him).

But if Bobby fetched that type of player in he would tell him to play like Beckenbauer :(

Silly argument that. This isn't about United, we are doing fine thanks - you are the ones looking in really bad shape and this is because Martinez isn't getting nowhere near the best from his players.

I can't remember seeing such a poor Everton side. Dyche or someone of that mould would stop the rot.
You just don't like him because he beat you home and away last season. When is the last everton manager to do that.

Well in the confines of a serious debate. The OP is should RM be booted?

We have a "lunatic" fringe who either think he is still the second coming, or a fraud who fluked last season.

The difference between us and you lot perhaps, is that even in the darkest of the Moyes season with you, there was never the remotest possibility you would go down.

But we cant get how a team who finished 5th, was added to in the summer, is so poor 6 months later.Players? Manager? Bad Luck? Gerrard?

He isnt a piss poor manager. They arent awful players. But SOMETHING has happened. and we have, in the main, no idea.
Age has caught up with a few players and the young players don't have the experience to deal with a bad run. It's that simple.

Think yourself lucky, there are a few Manc posters on here who people can easily put on ignore, but I live with one ffs and I havn't found the ignore button yet.

edit : Anyway, you've got me going off-topic so if you could all shut up about ManU I'd be eternally grateful and wouldn't have to infract anyone for being off-topic.

Can't you find the mute button maate ?

Try changing the batteries. Sometimes helps maate.

I suppose that's because he knows more than you the negative influence this under-performing 37 year old is having on the team; that and the fact he's won the FA Cup and took a team in the PL to a 72 point haul and you haven't.

The plotters won't like to be reminded of that dave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back