Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Should Martinez be sacked? (Post-Hull poll)

Should Martinez be sacked

• Yes

Votes: 294 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 509 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about we lose to West Ham, then City and then God forbid West Brom?

It'll mean we're out of the FA Cup ( not ground breaking news bearing in mind some of the exits we had under Moyes), and that we've still only got 21 points. It will still mean he has a five year contract for a project that the Board approved.

It'll mean we're out of the FA Cup ( not ground breaking news bearing in mind some of the exits we had under Moyes), and that we've still only got 21 points. It will still mean he has a five year contract for a project that the Board approved.

Oh I'm in no doubt in my mind we're not winning the FA Cup or Europa. Not a chance in hell.

We don't win them when we're playing alright. Let alone now.

Oh I'm in no doubt in my mind we're not winning the FA Cup or Europa. Not a chance in hell.

We don't win them when we're playing alright. Let alone now.

We're still in them, with a decent draw in each. No reason we can't progress in each if we hit some much-needed form.

I really don't think he would get the dreaded vote of confidence.....he'll be left to get on with the job in hand.

I think our board would really prefer not to sack our manager. They like stability, they like not paying compensation, they like martinez.

But they also don't like pressure on them. If they feel the fans are turning, they'll have to do something.

I think he'll get this season, but if the fans are really unhappy they'll sack him regardless of the size of the contract. They don't strike me as people with a strong vision with the club so much as very much reacting to stuff as they happen.

Well I mean I don't give our board that much credit for smart decision making myself.
Agreed on certain things.....but on support of a manager they have an excellent track record. I don't recall Kenwright reacting once when there were calls for Moyes head.....he kept his powder dry and let Moyes get on with it. He'll do likewise now.

Long term projects can be ended if their heading in the wrong direction though.

Agreed......but sensible businessmen often take a broader view of long term projects. Stocks and shares fluctuate wildly and huge sums can be lost overnight....but lots of analysts sit tight as they know these things are cyclical, and they know over the longer term the benefits are normally yielded.

Agreed on certain things.....but on support of a manager they have an excellent track record. I don't recall Kenwright reacting once when there were calls for Moyes head.....he kept his powder dry and let Moyes get on with it. He'll do likewise now.

Yeah, I mean Moyes had job security that was unbelievable.

Which is why this whole 'plan for the club' stuff, I doubt. The board don't have a plan for the club, as long as we're comfortable in the prem they'll not care about our style of play, our qualifying for europe, our trophies. Just keep the club running and don't ask for more in finances than the board and give you and you remain there.

Martinez could finish 15th every year for a decade and not get sacked.

The wild card is really relegation. Because relegation is going to be a killer for kenwright. If he honestly think we're going down then all bets are off.

No harder than an any other season for me. Cup ties are one-offs.

Which is true.

I look at the teams left in the Europa. Some utterly boss ones.

And the FA Cup. We need to win 6 games to win that. We can't even win one league game at the minute.

I like your optimism, and I wish I shared it, but it's highly unlikely.

Yeah, I mean Moyes had job security that was unbelievable.

Which is why this whole 'plan for the club' stuff, I doubt. The board don't have a plan for the club, as long as we're comfortable in the prem they'll not care about our style of play, our qualifying for europe, our trophies. Just keep the club running and don't ask for more in finances than the board and give you and you remain there.

Martinez could finish 15th every year for a decade and not get sacked.

The wild card is really relegation. Because relegation is going to be a killer for kenwright. If he honestly think we're going down then all bets are off.
This is speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back