Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Should Martinez be sacked? (Post-Hull poll)

Should Martinez be sacked

• Yes

Votes: 294 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 509 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
fair enough but the match goers i talk to ( ok only 3 ) say it's beome boring to watch. Anyway have a look at this quote i read recentley about possession football.

According to the Spanish journalist Diego Torres in a recent book, Jose Mourinho’s attitude to possession at Real Madrid was summed up thus.

1. The game is won by the team who commits fewer errors.

2. Football favours whoever provokes more errors in the opposition.

3. Away from home, instead of trying to be superior to the opposition, it's better to encourage their mistakes.

4. Whoever has the ball is more likely to make a mistake.

5. Whoever renounces possession reduces the possibility of making a mistake.

6. Whoever has the ball has fear.

7. Whoever does not have it is therefore stronger.

Brilliant....No. 4 sums our season up nicely.

We always win the "possession".....and we have conceeded the most goals in the shooting yourself in the foot league.

We don't need a huge shift, we really don't. I'd love us to spend heavily again but we just need to get momentum going. The team looks horrendous because confidence in the style of play is such a brittle thing and caution has seeped into everything. Pick up a few results, stay in Europe and add maybe two players in January and start to turn the tide.

Agreed
It only needs 1 maybe 2 players coming in to make a huge difference in the team - I witnessed a microcosm of this at West Ham last season. We came into that game buoyed by great win over Chelsea( although they should have been 3 up at the break) but previous to that had a slow start with 3 draws and some of us were still unconvinced.
We were ordinary for the first half against a spirited but average hammers team, Jelly came off but had to be taken out of James Collins pocket first...Rom came on (debut I think) and scared the living s**t out of those 2 centre backs, he even scared me and I was sat in the stand watching.

Super Kev came alive, Ovi took the p**s out of them on the left; we were in total control. We won it late of course but it was a stark transformation ( because we were clueless up until then) due in the main to that change in personnel and the subsequent increase in our level of intent.

Turned it off after a couple of minutes, couldn't bare listening to the three of them masterbating over Steven gerard
I know, should of been the other way around, there is no way the would of had that Nonce Aldo on an got him to talk Everton first.

Yes.

Wigan got relegated the season he managed there and his transfers haven't really held up well.

I would of honestly never guessed that everton would be 13th place in January.

Right just back from the Plotters meeting, managed to lose Agent Damon on the way so God knows where he ended up.

It was unanimously agreed to commence Phase 3 of Operation BobRemove asap.

Can't disclose details at the moment as they are classified as top secret, other than to say Osman will be at centre-half v West Ham.

Right just back from the Plotters meeting, managed to lose Agent Damon on the way so God knows where he ended up.

It was unanimously agreed to commence Phase 3 of Operation BobRemove asap.

Can't disclose details at the moment as they are classified as top secret, other than to say Osman will be at centre-half v West Ham.

Osman on stilts, now that I must see!

Everton gave Roberto Martinez a new 5 Year Contract for a reason. They beleive he can do great things with the Club over 5 Years. They will not sack him on the basis that it is a long term project otherwise they'd have offered him a 2-3 Year contract with an option for more. They will not sack him on the basis that they understand this Club doesn't need a quick fix, it needs an sustainable fix and hiring and firing managers isn't conducive to that. They will have built in the fact that all teams have bad spells and loss of form, plus the injuries to key players etc.

Everton gave Roberto Martinez a new 5 Year Contract for a reason. They beleive he can do great things with the Club over 5 Years. They will not sack him on the basis that it is a long term project otherwise they'd have offered him a 2-3 Year contract with an option for more. They will not sack him on the basis that they understand this Club doesn't need a quick fix, it needs an sustainable fix and hiring and firing managers isn't conducive to that. They will have built in the fact that all teams have bad spells and loss of form, plus the injuries to key players etc.

How about we lose to West Ham, then City and then God forbid West Brom?

Yes.

Wigan got relegated the season he managed there and his transfers haven't really held up well.

I would of honestly never guessed that everton would be 13th place in January.

Welcome to the site mate. Just so you know he managed Wigan for a few seasons before he took them down. And yes, who would have guessed Everton would be 13th place in January. How's your team doing btw mate?

Well I mean I don't give our board that much credit for smart decision making myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back