Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Should Martinez be sacked? (Post-Hull poll)

Should Martinez be sacked

• Yes

Votes: 294 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 509 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No it isn't. Things need to change drastically and we are in a rut but this doom and gloom bollocks is mighty tedious. Top half is easily attainable still, we've got half a season to get it right.

We've had half a season to get it right already.

We are both speculating on our performance for the second half of the season. I don't share your optimism at all, and I see this terrible run continuing unless we buy a LM, a CM, and a CD.

I hope I'm wrong and you're right, but I don't share your opinion at all. I think we have the worst form in the Premiership and the second worst goal tally due to a lack of adequate playing personnel and an often ineffective playing style.

We are both speculating on our performance for the second half of the season. I don't share your optimism at all, and I see this terrible run continuing unless we buy a LM, a CM, and a CD.

I hope I'm wrong and you're right, but I don't share your opinion at all. I think we have the worst form in the Premiership and the second worst goal tally due to a lack of adequate playing personnel and an often ineffective playing style.
were in the thick of it, the games are running out ,optimism is draining every week and it's going to get worse

The manager won't persist with something that isn't working indefinitely. He's taking his time learning his lesson, but he will learn it. The ingredients for a good team are already there, give or take a CB. We will agree to disagree because we are lovely guys really, but you honestly see a repeat performance of the first half of the season?

ok so we lose to title favourites next week and fail to beat Pulis's West Brom........then what, keep believing?

Their not title favourites for a start and it's not as if we have a bad record against them is it? Also there's a reason West Brom have a new manager, their not a good team and we're more than capable of beating them convincingly.

You're trying to destabilise some easily lead supporters with this hyper negative nonsense and it's doing nobody any good all this negative speculation.

Their not title favourites for a start and it's not as if we have a bad record against them is it? Also there's a reason West Brom have a new manager, their not a good team and we're more than capable of beating them convincingly.

You're trying to destabilise some easily lead supporters with this hyper negative nonsense and it's doing nobody any good all this negative speculation.
ok fair enough about the negativity but the manager isn't helping with his refusal to change a football style that simply doesn't work in this league anymore.

Ask Arsenal fans what they think of total football..............wins you fook all if you ain't got the players to carry it out.

It's not 'hyper negative nonsense' though. We have the worst form and the second worst goals conceded tally. They are facts made by Martinez and the players, not by fans on a message board.

The manager won't persist with something that isn't working indefinitely. He's taking his time learning his lesson, but he will learn it. The ingredients for a good team are already there, give or take a CB. We will agree to disagree because we are lovely guys really, but you honestly see a repeat performance of the first half of the season?

If we don't add adequate playing personnel to the squad then yes. We need new players at CM, LM and CB, if we continue with the players who have been playing in those positions then I do not see some massive turnaround taking place.

ok fair enough about the negativity but the manager isn't helping with his refusal to change a football style that simply doesn't work in this league anymore.

Ask Arsenal fans what they think of total football..............wins you fook all if you ain't got the players to carry it out.

The style has been proven to work, the main problem is we are making to many individual mistakes so confidence is low and we've been crippled by injuries to important players. Once we get a break our two things will look up and we'll start climbing the table.

Also I'd say to those Arsenal fans, did they enjoy the football when they were winning trophies or going a season unbeaten? Success isn't guarenteed with any football style, but at least this one means we look nice on the eye when we finish 5th.

The style has been proven to work, the main problem is we are making to many individual mistakes so confidence is low and we've been crippled by injuries to important players. Once we get a break our two things will look up and we'll start climbing the table.

Also I'd say to those Arsenal fans, did they enjoy the football when they were winning trophies or going a season unbeaten? Success isn't guarenteed with any football style, but at least this one means we look nice on the eye when we finish 5th.
they enjoyed winning trophies long before Wenger preffered style than substance..........thats why they want him gone mate

If we don't add adequate playing personnel to the squad then yes. We need new players at CM, LM and CB, if we continue with the players who have been playing in those positions then I do not see some massive turnaround taking place.
We don't need a huge shift, we really don't. I'd love us to spend heavily again but we just need to get momentum going. The team looks horrendous because confidence in the style of play is such a brittle thing and caution has seeped into everything. Pick up a few results, stay in Europe and add maybe two players in January and start to turn the tide.

It's not 'hyper negative nonsense' though. We have the worst form and the second worst goals conceded tally. They are facts made by Martinez and the players, not by fans on a message board.

And if we win our next 3-4 games we'd probably have the best form because over the course of a season form fluctuates for every team. Look at Chelsea, they were well ahead a few weeks ago and everyone was lauding them for the title saying how great they were. Now City have pulled the gap right back and they got gubbed by Spurs the other day, should they sack Mourinho because they've been 'found out'?

The first negative period in Martinez 18 months has brought out all the people who never wanted him and their rubbing their hands with glee, desperate to say 'I told you so'. It's pathetic and small time, imagine being a true fan and being happy and taking a strange smug enjoyment out of us not doing well, just plain weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back