Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Should Martinez be sacked? (Post-Hull poll)

Should Martinez be sacked

• Yes

Votes: 294 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 509 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given our perilous state, I will be happy if Martinez gets us the points to stave off relegation.

But what does this now say about our ambition? Are we going to go back to being happy just avoiding relegation?

Say we survive this season, what will our target for the next season be? Would another bottom half finish be acceptable?
That's ridiculously hysterical. I doubt anyone is contemplating a bottom half finish next season. Id be surprised if we finish in the bottom half this season.

He may be, nevertheless I think he talks 'some' sense. Passing and possession do not win games, scoring more goals than your opposition does.

It's not an Andy Gray love in to suggest some of the stuff he mentioned was correct; it's assessing how we're currently playing.
Some of it is true but in general he waffles on out his ass. Hes always had a hard on against us, even last season there were games he commentated on were we were playing the team off the pitch, winning and he'd still say we should be smashing it long and getting runners onto the second ball, 'its what evertonians want'.

That's ridiculously hysterical. I doubt anyone is contemplating a bottom half finish next season. Id be surprised if we finish in the bottom half this season.

The only thing that will prevent a bottom half finish and a relegation scrap this season is significant investment in this transfer window.

Some of it is true but in general he waffles on out his ass. Hes always had a hard on against us, even last season there were games he commentated on were we were playing the team off the pitch, winning and he'd still say we should be smashing it long and getting runners onto the second ball, 'its what evertonians want'.

He always speaks highly of Everton when I've heard him on the radio. Met him at a corporate do the other year and once he knew I supported Everton he chatted about us for ages.

I have a soft spot for him as he was my childhood hero in 85, I always pretended to be him when heading the ball.

He always speaks highly of Everton when I've heard him on the radio. Met him at a corporate do the other year and once he knew I supported Everton he chatted about us for ages.

I have a soft spot for him as he was my childhood hero in 85, I always pretended to be him when heading the ball.
Can only say about whenever ive seen him commentate and imo hes always a downer, when Keys is the positive one towards us it says it all

I get the impression he used to bully Sharpy a bit, I don't know what I'm basing that on, it's sort of the same feeling I get now about Eto, I don't think any of the other players are allowed to touch him (like hi-fiving or hugging after a goal) unless he says it's ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back