Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Should Martinez be sacked? (Post-Hull poll)

Should Martinez be sacked

• Yes

Votes: 294 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 509 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why's Mirallas being slated here? He's one of the few that's done anything this season.

CUZ WE DUSNT RUNS WOUND ALOT LIKE DAT NAISMITH LAD

People content with midtable- Check

People happy with prospect of signing tom cleverly- check

people slagging of our best players whilst advocating the yard dogs of Naismith and osman- check

This guy's gonna turn us into Villa 2015

I'm struggling to think of a clear cut chance that Lukaku has missed this season bar the Sunderland game. The problem is that we don't create anything for him, not that he's missing chances.

I'm not anti Lukaku but he missed a sitter of a header in the Derby at Anfield. All he had to do was touch the ball with his head and it was in. Whilst he is nowhere near approaching the finished article his heading has improved slightly which suggests that he is working on it with Ferguson. As is his control, which is improving slightly which again suggests he is working on it. Which would suggest that he wants or has been encouraged by the manger to work on the aspects of his game that needs improving. That said, Lukaku still frustrates me though.

You are right about creating chances the more we get to the byline and get the ball in the box the more he will score.

CUZ WE DUSNT RUNS WOUND ALOT LIKE DAT NAISMITH LAD

People content with midtable- Check

People happy with prospect of signing tom cleverly- check

people slagging of our best players whilst advocating the yard dogs of Naismith and osman- check

This guy's gonna turn us into Villa 2015

I've seen posts like this somewhere before. But I can't quite put my finger on where. o_O

Given our perilous state, I will be happy if Martinez gets us the points to stave off relegation.

But what does this now say about our ambition? Are we going to go back to being happy just avoiding relegation?

Say we survive this season, what will our target for the next season be? Would another bottom half finish be acceptable?

You're not our rivals mate. See the league table.

When was the last time you were our rival? Our rivals have been Chelsea, Man City and Arsenal apart from last season when Moyes took us to midtable status.

Seriously....we shouldn't have to put up with this bloke trying to wind people up in the Everton section.

Any chance his goading posts could be confined to World Football?

Mirallas flatters to deceive. Normally when he's on a run, the first 90% of the action will be brilliant, but then he'll unnecessarily run into trouble, or trip over the ball, or make the wrong decision.......

He's also lily-livered, not one you'd choose to have in a side battling relegation. One final issue with him -- he's very self-centred, the sort who'd not be unhappy losing so long as he'd played well.

"lily livered"

I think not.

The lid gets clobbered all afternoon but he is always willing to take the ball and run with it after every tackle on him.

Plus he can dish it out....as Rat Boy found out in the Goodison Derby last season.

Seriously....we shouldn't have to put up with this bloke trying to wind people up in the Everton section.

Any chance his goading posts could be confined to World Football?

The mods have had a word with me mate - I'll not post anything else on the matter, don't worry.

Given our perilous state, I will be happy if Martinez gets us the points to stave off relegation.

But what does this now say about our ambition? Are we going to go back to being happy just avoiding relegation?

Say we survive this season, what will our target for the next season be? Would another bottom half finish be acceptable?

Exactly, it's alright avoiding relegation but anything below 7th/8th is a failure imo

The whole situation is just heartbreaking. After all we built up last season too.. So depressing.

Anyway, see a few of you on the Lower Gwladys on Tuesday. I know the atmosphere has been terrible all season but I've got a feeling there will be a decent noise for the 20k or so that do come down.

Keep the faith, COYB.

Punt Mr Martinez and I guarantee we will get the good feel factor back with the lads on top form. I don't think the players have down tools but they have certainly lost faith in the manager imo, and rightly or wrongly when that happens theirs one solution...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back