Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Should Martinez be sacked? (Post-Hull poll)

Should Martinez be sacked

• Yes

Votes: 294 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 509 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
what though Jay, what basics ??

we haven't won fk all for twenty years, whatever we're doing basically needs to change not carry on

Well yeah cupwise not back to basics. But if we keep playing the way we have been this season surely it's a matter of time.. But then again Martinez won the cup with Wigan didn't he? Anyway if we are out of the Fa Cup on Tue my Martinez faith will be tested. As his cup record is what has me onside still

Hungariansupport has an agenda to support besic that is second only to martinez's bogus 'philosophy'. So her evidence which not coincidentally helps to makes besic looks world class can be taken with a pinch of salt or better ignored totally.

Speaking of martinez he's favourite now to be the next manager sacked with the bookies so those who believe bill won't act had perhaps like to think again.
Hey, I really like Mo but first of all he's far from world class, very far. And second those stats are from the official site, took me not more than 10 mins to gather them. And did it only because of the tackle issues, those made me curious too about individual perfomances. Overall impressions about players come from watching the games, but sometimes stats are helping to understand players. What I see in these tackle stats is that Barry,Besic and Naismith try the hardest but when they mistime / miss the right tackle then it's always a yellow. Just see the success ratio and their number of yellows. So when it's bad it's really ugly. But whoever is in the top five at least tries.

Hey, I really like Mo but first of all he's far from world class, very far. And second those stats are from the official site, took me not more than 10 mins to gather them. And did it only because of the tackle issues, those made me curious too about individual perfomances. Overall impressions about players come from watching the games, but sometimes stats are helping to understand players. What I see in these tackle stats is that Barry,Besic and Naismith try the hardest but when they mistime / miss the right tackle then it's always a yellow. Just see the success ratio and their number of yellows. So when it's bad it's really ugly. But whoever is in the top five at least tries.

You made some excellent points and useful stats.

I think its fair to say they show who is putting 100 % effort in and who isn't.

A woeful number of tackles (per unit time)

Woeful number of tackles won (per unit time)

= not 100 % effort

= goals conceded

= games lost

They could only get away with low tackles numbers if we were dominating / winning games. But we aren't.

High tackles numbers means

When you're not in possession you're harrasing who your playing so much they don't get time to play.

WE ARE NOT DOING THIS.

High tackles numbers means

When you're not in possession you're harrasing who your playing so much they don't get time to play.

WE ARE NOT DOING THIS.

our pressing this year is really poor on just about every front we look so disorganized due to playing attacking midfielders on the wing all the time, players appear to be putting in less effort when pressing and poor performances by certain CB's and CDM's are highlighting it even more.

Chelsea doing ok. Could be doing better.

Jose doesnt believe in rotation and some of our key players are burning out already.

Hazard is vying for poty honors along with costa and cesc. Chelsea are looking to probably sign another winger, cm and a cb come the next window and a cf in the summer after drogba leaves... Departures will probably be salah, mikel, drogba, and maybe schurrle.

Chelsea youth team is pretty good, however, I doubt anyone will get promoted consisted game time here. Ake is good, as is baker and loftus cheek, however, only person I can see making a splash is ake out of the three..

There was a lot of talk of signing barkely, however, I rate oscar over barkely and dont think he is ready to play for chelsea. Ross is kind of a selfish player running with his head down and never passing, kind of like lukaku, which is how i cannot see them seeing eye to eye with each other.

On paper, I rate man city to be the best squad in the league, but chelsea is a close second with arsenal a transfer or 2 away.

That's interesting mate. What brings you to this forum and in particular this thread? Interested why a Chelsea fan would pop into a thread about Martinez getting sacked. Do you rate him mate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back