Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Should Martinez be sacked? (Post-Hull poll)

Should Martinez be sacked

• Yes

Votes: 294 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 509 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha Ha. I dont have to have an agenda to deny Moyes any redeeming qualities as a football manager.

Look, he was here 11 years, Statistically it'd be impossible not to play a decent few matches. But lets not get amnesia here: EVERYONE breathed a huge sigh of relief when he left.
That may be a little unfair

Once I knew he'd spoke to United behind our back any last lingering loyalty to him was well and truly gone but you're forgetting the clapping blind seals who cheered him onto the pitch last game,I'd say a lot of fans were actually pretty devastated that he was leaving

That may be a little unfair

Once I knew he'd spoke to United behind our back any last lingering loyalty to him was well and truly gone but you're forgetting the clapping blind seals who cheered him onto the pitch last game,I'd say a lot of fans were actually pretty devastated that he was leaving
Clapping someone for 11 years at the club isn't the same as still wanting them here.

Ha Ha. I dont have to have an agenda to deny Moyes any redeeming qualities as a football manager.

Look, he was here 11 years, Statistically it'd be impossible not to play a decent few matches. But lets not get amnesia here: EVERYONE breathed a huge sigh of relief when he left.

Only in hindsight during the greatness of last season.

Clapping someone for 11 years at the club isn't the same as still wanting them here.
I would imagine then that if everyone felt the way you describe rather than lots of clapping and applause you'd have heard one massive pheeeeeeewwww!!!!!!

Just out of interest - Who were the other managers in the running for the job before Bill was serenaded by the 'this is how I beat city in the cup final' anecdote.

Just out of interest - Who were the other managers in the running for the job before Bill was serenaded by the 'this is how I beat city in the cup final' anecdote.
victor pereirria, neil lennon, stubbsy, gary "meggo" megson, ralph rangninck, and thomas "touche' turtle" tuchel

Moyes done a brilliant job of steadying us and keeping us up. He then moulded a cracking side to get us in the CL and that side wasn't good enough. He evolved it and we were quality around 08/09 time and it was after this point that I think he felt he had taken us as far as he could. The last 2 seasons with us we played some quality togger along with some woeful togger and imo he got the ovation for his services to Everton football Club because 11 years service deserves some respect. It was the right time for him to leave because he believed that there was a ceiling that couldn't be smashed and therefore our expectations should be lowered. The respect I had for him was completely lost when during the summer he tried to undermine Martinez and Everton with his derisory comments about letting players go. No one and I mean NO ONE is entitled to such an opinion unless you are an Evertonian. He took the piss and in return Martinez took the absolute piss out of him TWICE by keeping his mouth shut and getting our team well drilled to beat them home and away. He soon piped down after that.

I always say you can gage a football clubs reaction by away fans as they are our hardcore group of fans who travel far and away in rain, snow, wind and bird [Poor language removed] to see our mighty club. Man Utd away last season with the "stuck with Moyes stuck with moyes" was a superb repost and in no uncertain terms they were speaking on behalf of the majority of us who were saying he had took the piss and got called out for it.

I understand some fans want Martinez out because they think he's crap because no one wants to remember last season, fair play if you want to call that a fluke as that's your opinion. Maybe he has only got 3 games left to save his job ( personally I think Tuesdays reaction from the players will show us ) but let's get behind the fella at least for this 3 games. Not because he's owed it, but because we are Evertonians and it's the right thing to do. imo

No they didn't, I'd say a lot of Everton fans felt a justifiable sense of trepidation. Whatever you say about Moyes, our Premier League status was secure beneath him. We also played decent football under him during that last season, although even he was baffled by that. I do not want him anywhere near this club again though, and I can't believe a single result for him against Barcelona has suddenly initiated such an epidemic reassessment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back