Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Should Martinez be sacked? (Post-Hull poll)

Should Martinez be sacked

• Yes

Votes: 294 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 509 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
. Robles
Coleman. Stones. Jags. Baines
Mirallas. Besic. Barry. Oviedo
Lukaku. Etoo

Team vs West Ham
Subs barkley for barry/besic
Naismith for etoo
Kone for lukaku

Can imagine Martinez announcing that before the game a la Mike Bassett: "Damas y Caballeros, Everton will be playing four-four-CHINGA-ing two!"

Actually that's just made me realise - Everton have lost every single game since I changed my avatar to Mike Bassett! Gonna change it and we'll be in the top half again!

I'll be honest here, if and when Bobby does get sacked I am going to feel as bad as I did when the inevitable axe fell on Cilin Harvey.

Moyes wouldn't of stood a chance with all these newbie fans after the 05/06 season we after the 04/05 one lol

Maybe some should get behind the team instead of expecting it all rosy all the time..

We are average we always have been and always will be.

Moyes wouldn't of stood a chance with all these newbie fans after the 05/06 season we after the 04/05 one

Not in any way comparable. Moyes took a poor team and made it better in his first years. Martinez has taken a good team and made it immeasurably worse this season. The achievements and decline of the comparable two years aren't even remotely in the same context.

I'll be honest here, if and when Bobby does get sacked I am going to feel as bad as I did when the inevitable axe fell on Cilin Harvey.

Same mate. He's not a bad guy at all. And I think a lot of the things he's done behind the scenes (like actually acknowledging our past) has been great.

Sadly it counts for very little when the on pitch stuff goes tits up.

Moyes wouldn't of stood a chance with all these newbie fans after the 2004/2005 season we had then the 05/06 afterwards

Moyes was slagged off for the last 5 years for only "winning the 6th placed trophy", it was nowhere near good enough for some. Yet now matching our worst performance in the league for a decade (11th place, 50 points) is going to require 30 points from the next 18 games.

Some of us argued that this level of consistency under Motes was an achievement in itself and that we'd naturally fall back into the pack whoever replaced him.

However I do like Martinez and he showed last year what he could do with a fit and motivated squad. The style of play matched Moyes at his absolute best, he showed something very promising.

This season the squad don't seem fit or motivated. That is a problem and Martinez needs to sort it.

Not in any way comparable. Moyes took a poor team and made it better in his first years. Martinez has taken a good team and made it immeasurably worse this season. The achievements and decline of the comparable two years aren't even remotely in the same context.

Thats a bit harsh - the team he got together last season was much better than the one Moist left, but so far this season he has been badly let down by players he has shown loyalty to, Barry most of all, and he has been more than a bit myopic about what is required to turn it round. If he starts with Barry and Alcaraz tonight* then he will probably be gone before the end of January.

* I take it as a given that this means we will get spanked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back