Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Should Martinez be sacked? (Post-Hull poll)

Should Martinez be sacked

• Yes

Votes: 294 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 509 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's amazing when certain people get in arguements on here. When you have plenty of time and Google you can twist things to the point you can give a convincing arguement that black is indeed white or up is down. Bending statistics to suit the arguement one way or the other. Leaving out important bits of information to suit.

Certain people are not in it for truth they just wanna win. It's a game. But mostly there are no winners.

Can't help but think we'll bounce back from this and a lot of Everton fans will be left looking very, very silly.

I hope he does turn it around and I do end up looking very silly. I like martinez, top bloke.

But what he's doing currently mirrors what he did year in year out at Wigan. Look at the squad of players here..rammed full with international talent. There's no way we should be in this posistion. The ONLY thing that can be put down to is tactics.

Last season was a fluke for him imo. It wasn't fully his team style. It was a mix of a Moyes and Roberto team (which is great) but a full roberto style team is flawed, which this season has proved.

In order for a successful EFC with RM, he's gonna have to change his methods and be more flexible like a Mourinho. Would he be willing to do that? I doubt it very much...

I hope he does turn it around and I do end up looking very silly. I like martinez, top bloke.

But what he's doing currently mirrors what he did year in year out at Wigan. Look at the squad of players here..rammed full with international talent. There's no way we should be in this posistion. The ONLY thing that can be put down to is tactics.

Last season was a fluke for him imo. It wasn't fully his team style. It was a mix of a Moyes and Roberto team (which is great) but a full roberto style team is flawed, which this season has proved.

In order for a successful EFC with RM, he's gonna have to change his methods and be more flexible like a Mourinho. Would he be willing to do that? I doubt it very much...

Wingers.

Wingers.

This is exactly what we so called plotters think
The rest can't or won't see it.

I think there are (at least ) 2 types of 'no sack' people ( wouldn't guess at the proportions )

The first type don't want to sack him because they've personally invested too much, public, internal and /or emotional support, like Mulder in X-files ' They want to believe'
The second type, plain just won't see the evidence of their own eyes...we are poor and getting poorer

my question(s) to them are;

How long, this season, do we have to average 1pt. per game or less recently, ( bearing in mind Martinez had Wigan hovering above the drop doing the very same for 2 or 3 seasons before the drop ) before we pull the plug...if indeed we do
How many of this seasons record number of new season tickets, will bleed away season by season if we do. ( not as many as will IF we do go down )
How many none season ticket holders will drift away
How far will the attendances drop
How much Sky PL Placing's money will we lose
How much of the over and above the minimum sky broadcasting requirements money will we lose
How many players will say 'sod this for a game of solders' and vote with their feet.
How many potential players will say, when approached...'Yeah right'
How much 'dross' will we sign ( just to keep a viable squad numbers-wise )

How long will YOU wait

How lucky do YOU feel.

This thread is a bit weird. I hope the humour is all still there once we're looking at the Championship. We've never been in greater danger of going down. He's so liked that Bill won't sack him. We've just had the easiest run of ten fixtures, and absolutely stank the place out. Even when we win it feels like luck. This isn't like a Moyes bad run, where there was a solidity to cling on to. We are a busted flush

Say it to yourself now slowly
'We are actually going down'

I know it seems a little harsh if he was to be sacked after last season but I think you've got to look at next season and behond rather than just the predicament were in now.

And my biggest worry is that next season would be the same. Or even if a bit better, with his tactics we'd always be a couple of bad results away from a slide.

Full on tika taka died with peps barca a few years back. Teams sussed out how to play against it. RM doesn't know any different and his tactics are clearly to blame this year. Not to mention team selections and subs...

There were warning signs about this, tail end of last season and certainly pre-season.

At the end of the day his philosophy took Wigan down. Yes they didn't have quality players but he never changed to keep them up. RM first club second....

He may go on to be a great manager but I'd rather someone else than risk him taking us down.

I agree with the above completely. Martinez reminds me of some religious cult leader, `my philosophy or the highway`, its like he is trying to impose this style and philosphy on the whole premier league and the other 19 teams are saying `no way, we don`t play that way`. All teams are doing is letting us run our nuts off, back and forward with 70% possession, and then punish us when we make a mistake. Martinez simply refuses to see the flaws in this style, if feels like he is experimenting and does not know his best team, or how to get the best out of that team.

This set of players should be doing much better, and I think a different manager has to be brought in gain the results we desperately need.

Wingers.

Wingers.

To be fair, Martinez has brought in two (McGeady and Atsu on loan) to add to the wingers already at the club, (Mirallas, Pienaar). McGeady hasn't looked like a solution and Atsu is a 19 year old who he knew would be I available during the Afcon.

I think he could have addressed the our wide problems by now, hopefully he will do soon.

To be fair, Martinez has brought in two (McGeady and Atsu on loan) to add to the wingers already at the club, (Mirallas, Pienaar). McGeady hasn't looked like a solution and Atsu is a 19 year old who he knew would be I available during the Afcon.

I think he could have addressed the our wide problems by now, hopefully he will do soon.

Thats the point.

Atsu. Not had the needed impact.

Mcgeady. Has been stop start and not had the needed impact.

Pienaar. Injured.

Mirallas. Making stupid errors. Inconsistent and injured.

We need someone at least who will do what needs to be done.

Thats the point.

Atsu. Not had the needed impact.

Mcgeady. Has been stop start and not had the needed impact.

Pienaar. Injured.

Mirallas. Making stupid errors. Inconsistent and injured.

We need someone at least who will do what needs to be done.

He is in his 4th transfer window and still hasn't got the right players in that he should of got in moons ago, he's inept at every level, get rid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back