Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Should Martinez be sacked? (Post-Hull poll)

Should Martinez be sacked

• Yes

Votes: 294 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 509 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone think Martinez would have been sacked if this seasons performances and form had occurred in his first season? What all fans enjoyed was the positivity to our play last season, we scored goals and were exciting to watch. In contrast this season has been dour, even factoring in our Europa league form (our league form was still poor whilst we weren't playing in it). What saddens me most of all, us fans recognise we have some talented players at the club. Coleman, baines, jags, stones, McCarthy, miralles, Barkley and lukaku.
Martinez supporters can defend Martinez all they like, but I'm sorry those players shouldn't have been in a side languishing in the bottom half of the league for most of the season.
I don't want any everton manager under pressure (as we want all everton manages to be successful) but the performances and results must improve next year. I hope Martinez is that man, as he conducts himself well representing the club on the whole, apart from some cringeworthy after match press conferences.

Last edited:
You seriously want to be careful with this stuff, I'm not one if your little clique. Tread carefully
tumblr_lkqeby6Nfe1qgbvzco1_500.gif

Does anyone think Martinez would have been sacked if this seasons performances and form had occurred in his first season? What all fans enjoyed was the positivity to our play last season, we scored goals and were exciting to watch. In contrast this season has been dour, even factoring in our Europa league form (our league form was still poor whilst we weren't playing in it). What saddens me most of all, us fans recognise we have some talented players at the club. Coleman, baines, jags, stones, McCarthy, miralles, Barkley and lukaku.
Martinez supporters can defend Martinez all they like, but I'm sorry those players shouldn't have been in a side languishing in the bottom half of the league for most of the season.
I don't want any everton manager under pressure (as we want all everton manages to be successful) but the performances and results must improve next year. I hope Martinez is that man, as he conducts himself representing the club on the whole, apart from some cringeworthy after match press conferences.
The manager made fundamental pre-season/early season errors:

didn't get rid of dead wood, rather rewarded some of them with new contracts
didn't sort out the CB ticking time bomb (minimum task achievement last summer)
poor preseason preparation nowhere near competitive enough
put way too much preparation and effort into group games in the EL
had us set up to go out of the LC without a whimper
tried to accommodate players in positions they were never comfortable with

...it was way too much to carry.

The important thing is that we know from experience he is a very talented manager with good ideas. He'll have learned a lot this season. He wont repeat the bulk of those mistakes in a hurry.

Bobby win record 39% from 2007-to present.....but yea lets keep him because getting rid will give bill a nasty turn and will effect our 20 year continuity of winning nothing.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but I still don't want him anywhere near the team after this season. He plays with literally one winger at most. One of his worst players is played regardless of form. Hos goal keeper is a liability for most of the season. What worked last season he changed for no reason and hes barely made any any changes.

My biggest gripe is that the play has been utterly woeful this entire year. You can say certain players have been out of form this season, you can say it's because they are out of position; it's on Martinez completely. You can't say literally every player has been worse and it's completely by accident. It's all on him.

I'm sorry but I still don't want him anywhere near the team after this season. He plays with literally one winger at most. One of his worst players is played regardless of form. Hos goal keeper is a liability for most of the season. What worked last season he changed for no reason and hes barely made any any changes.

My biggest gripe is that the play has been utterly woeful this entire year. You can say certain players have been out of form this season, you can say it's because they are out of position; it's on Martinez completely. You can't say literally every player has been worse and it's completely by accident. It's all on him.
zzzz have a night off mate, we won the redshte lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back