Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Should Martinez be sacked? (Post-Hull poll)

Should Martinez be sacked

• Yes

Votes: 294 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 509 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We had the spine of a relegated Wigan playing for us today, other than Kone moving about more than Lukaku does, they were all ubergash, that spreads through the team
Always had suspicions that Joel, Alcaraz and Kone were bought as se sort of compensation compromise to Whelan. He broke his leg once dontchaknow?
We didnt pay wigan any money for alcaraz he was free and joel was athletico madrid both we bought in As squad players we needed gk cover and cb cover as we only had distin stones jagielka

Post match....Everton manager Roberto Martinez: "We need to work as hard as we can. Yes we have some injuries, but we have the talent that we used so well last season. We know what we can achieve. We started well and once we conceded the goal the confidence dropped enormously. We need to find solutions internally. The quicker we get back to winning, the quicker we'll get rid of that low confidence. "This is a challenging time but we need to look forward to the second half of the season. But clearly the performance today after letting the goal in was not up to the standards we expect. There's no panic but we're not happy. As a football club we can never accept the run of results that we've had. We're a football club that will find solutions and we'll try to bounce back straight away."

Whats his net spend?

How many positions does he have to cover?

Hes brought in some top players and stop gaps.

Look again, he had money in the close season, you should look again and see where the money went, and in last January, also the close seaso of 2013. Add up what players he brought into the club. When you say he had a poor squad left from our EX how come we did well last season racking up 70 points?

It's not mass panic it's debate to ensure we don't sleepwalk into the championship

He should not be sacked, besides as said earlier in the week Kenwright is not that type of Chairman. I would think Martinez will be given at least another 12 months to progress his strategy.

It looks like 34 points will be sufficient to stay in the Premiership this year, so we are only 5 victories away from guaranteed safety, hence the fears of relegation are to me totally unfounded. Obviously our objectives at the beginning of the season were far higher than just survival but if the motivation in getting rid of Martinez is the fear of relegation, then I do not believe it is warranted.

We each have our own theories be it the players or the manager or both - for me, it's a lack of leadership on the pitch combined with individual errors and poor form that makes us currently easy pickings for even inferior teams. There's not a single player who is currently playing to their abilities, and crucially there's not a leader on the pitch. The nearest is Baines but with the best will in the world he's never going to be a Reid in the leadership stakes.

We have to keep the faith and keep supporting.

Can you explain the maths behind this?

Also, all those saying hes lost the players.

You telling me that bunch of players have the backbone to go against him based on those performances?

Behave.

If they had a spine the players would not be playing this passing football and going back to Moyes' style of lumping it. They aren't.

I agree

They look 100% for the manager, blood sweat and tears everywhere

He was crowing literally four weeks ago that he is a great spotter of talent and that Martinez was a great example of that.

Time for him to weigh in with some of that cash he took off the telly people and give it to his manager. And if he has any sway over these tanking players he needs to bring it forward into play right now.
we need something mate, the lack of character is shocking, the next 6 games include city, Chelsea, rs and Wba with pullis who will have them fighting if nothing else, we need leadership on and off the pitch. to be honest i am very worried

Post match....Everton manager Roberto Martinez: "We need to work as hard as we can. Yes we have some injuries, but we have the talent that we used so well last season. We know what we can achieve. We started well and once we conceded the goal the confidence dropped enormously. We need to find solutions internally. The quicker we get back to winning, the quicker we'll get rid of that low confidence. "This is a challenging time but we need to look forward to the second half of the season. But clearly the performance today after letting the goal in was not up to the standards we expect. There's no panic but we're not happy. As a football club we can never accept the run of results that we've had. We're a football club that will find solutions and we'll try to bounce back straight away."

Sounds reasonable. Talk is cheap though

@BernieWright13

The maths behind the claim that 35 points will be sufficient is based on Crystal Palace and Burnley averaging 0.85 points per game. Assuming that remains constant they would accumulate 32 points. Add another win for good measure and you get to 35.

We didnt pay wigan any money for alcaraz he was free and joel was athletico madrid both we bought in As squad players we needed gk cover and cb cover as we only had distin stones jagielka

That does appear to have gone over your head a touch....

Manager AND players need to ask a few serious questions of themselves.

It's not an either/or situation, the squad and boss need to do something pronto.

A couple more defeats and I reckon he's gone.
I dont think it's just what happens to us.

This board know it's what happens to others below us that will determine things. If there's three or four cut adrift they wont act. They know they cant afford it anyway, and they do have to protect this image of 'sticking by managers'...it's 'what they do' Kenwright said just three weeks ago.

Roberto has a longish time left to turn this, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back