Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Should Martinez be sacked? (Post-Hull poll)

Should Martinez be sacked

• Yes

Votes: 294 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 509 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't want him in the first place and still don't want him now, he's been badly found out this season so far, bad tactics and selections are as much to blame as the players.

Whats his net spend?

How many positions does he have to cover?

Hes brought in some top players and stop gaps.

I do not know what his net spend is perhaps you can enlighten me as to who left and who came. Has he also not signed some right pieces of gash?

When Palace brought in pullis did they improve

What about Koman at Southampton

Pulis - To get out of relegation. He left soon after. Now back in it.

Koeman - Manager left. Wasn't sacked. They sold half the squad.

So...who's been SACKED and improved?

It's still a no from me. It's been a poor, poor season in every aspect. We've not reached anywhere near last seasons standards, we can't defend' we aren't creative, we struggle to score and we appear low on fight and determination. I would give him till the end if the season to see if he has the ability to turn it round.....my gut feeling is he will, but it's hard to base it on anything other than gut feeling.
Kenwright is not a hiring -firing Chairman so I don't see it Robertos future being mentioned in any seriousness around the Club yet.
My concern is how players can turn so poor - it can't just be tactics and selections - they are professional sportsmen. They surely have some self-pride, and if nothing else would want to show themselves in a positive light if they are looking for an exit.

This is my bugbear too. Obviously what were were seeing this season from our manager is a poor imitation of what he showed us last season when he was being heralded as a breath of fresh air, garlanded by the media and bringing the school of science back etc etc. I want to give him the chance to dig us out of this too. Every player in every side has a temporary loss of form at some stage. With us, its an epidemic which has swept through the side and continued .... Coleman...Baines...Barkley...Jagielka all p/poor reflections of their former selves. When you add into the mix players like Distin, Barry and Howard who have served us well but are now liabilities not up to Premiership football and then throw in the 'shouldn't be here in the first place players' like Robles and Alcaraz (poor RM choices), the disaster that's waiting to happen already has. And that's without the treatment rooms at Finch Farm looking like the A&E at the Royal on a Saturday night, hamstrung to capacity on a rota it seems. Theres no grit, determination, aggression or fight in these players turning out for us...and they need someone to kick the doors in and tell them theyre bas*ardising our shirt and everything our club has stood for and the memory of my heroes like Labone, Bally, Peter Reid who may have lost games, but by Jesus, theyd have sweated blood in the process and made sure everyone else did too. Losing is one thing, losing hope is another ball game completely...and I refuse to do that. Over to you Duncan.....

How does any of that exsplain the lack of fight, lack of motivation, why we are playing dire clueless football stumbling from one game to the next
Not saying it does but alot of are starting players play for there countries they need to step up and play fir the manager and especially for the fans who have travel away and home to watch them. Tuesday is a massive gane hopefully the fans and players both step up

It's still a no from me. It's been a poor, poor season in every aspect. We've not reached anywhere near last seasons standards, we can't defend' we aren't creative, we struggle to score and we appear low on fight and determination. I would give him till the end if the season to see if he has the ability to turn it round.....my gut feeling is he will, but it's hard to base it on anything other than gut feeling.
Kenwright is not a hiring -firing Chairman so I don't see it Robertos future being mentioned in any seriousness around the Club yet.
My concern is how players can turn so poor - it can't just be tactics and selections - they are professional sportsmen. They surely have some self-pride, and if nothing else would want to show themselves in a positive light if they are looking for an exit.
Great post mate.

@BernieWright13

The maths behind the claim that 35 points will be sufficient is based on Crystal Palace and Burnley averaging 0.85 points per game. Assuming that remains constant they would accumulate 32 points. Add another win for good measure and you get to 35.

Esk that is frightening and too close for comfort, no wonder our EX harped on about 40 points. But look at our last four games, how many points have we averaged and we Man City coming up.

Pulis - To get out of relegation. He left soon after. Now back in it.

Koeman - Manager left. They sold half the squad.

So...who's been SACKED and improved?

Mike Walker sacked, joe royle bought in. Ramos sacked, redknapp bought in. Di canio sacked, poyet bought in. Sanchez sacked, hodgson bought in. Smith sacked, moyes bought in. Avran grant sacked, allardyce bought in. You're honestly taking the piss if you can't think of a single manager replacement that has worked.

It's weird watching Evertonians who didn't want him in the first place almost rubbing their hands with glee at this sequences of results.

...and passing themselves off as honest to God neutrals on the issue who've reluctantly been persuaded he's not right for us.

Sickening.

Anyone over, say 25, knows we've been in the situation (or worse) before however during those dark days we had a squad that could deal with it (little talent but plenty of fight) and a manager willing to do what is necessary. Unfortunately the exact opposite of what we have at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back