Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Should Martinez be sacked? (Post-Hull poll)

Should Martinez be sacked

• Yes

Votes: 294 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 509 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that we're well and truly in a relegation battle, it makes perfect sense to get rid of Roberto Martinez. The man has a terrible track record of preventing teams from getting relegated, right?

You all seriously need to get a grip. Yes things are fvcking awful right now, but do you think bringing in some random unqualified manager mid-season is really going to improve things? Believe it or not, your indignation doesn't magically conjure a whole queue of qualified managers capable of saving our season with our existing squad. We're all upset, but sacking Martinez now is the equivalent of punching your wall out of anger because you've stubbed your toe.

Besides, anyone with even a modicum of realism knew Martinez would struggle at some point. I thought it would be last year, but he did way better than any of us could reasonably expect and apparently that inflated everyones expectations. He's instilling a different culture and it's going to take time. Now we're playing terribly but we've been ravaged with injuries in the back right around the time our attacking players hit a patch of terrible form.

People seem mad that Martinez doesn't appear to be panicking, that he's continuing to try innovative and strange things that don't seem to be working, but that's always been his way, and it appears many on here are too thick to understand that. When it works you deify him and when it doesn't you crucify him, both of which are completely ridiculous reactions. Get. A. Fvcking. Grip.

Or maybe it shows Garbutt has idea's above his station and needed a good piping down from the manager?
Maybe although, i'd be worried that he feels comfortable doing it, says to me something aint right, all depends which way YOU want to look at it, and it would seem from the pro Martinez side

Thank goodness the wise people are begining to
B6Sgvs9IEAAIcTY.jpg

More fuel to the fire, all is not well, he has to go

If i had my way that no mark little snide wouldn't play for the club again.

Who does he think he is? He's about as crucial to this club as Fred the ****ing doorman.

Don´t think he should be sacked but we need to turn a corner and fast. We could easily get dragged into something very ugly unless we get a couple of wins soon. This is the first time I´m genuinely worried.

Who does he think he is? He's about as crucial to this club as Fred the ****ing doorman.

He's the future of this club

Hopefully the man he is slating is the past

Or maybe it shows Garbutt has idea's above his station and needed a good piping down from the manager?

Either way, it either shows Garbutt is a brainless idiot, was/is emboldened to do it by older players, or knew exactly what he was doing.

I would edge towards the brainless idiot who has just broken into the side, and thinks he has made it.

Genuinely interested to know where are the rumours coming from that Martinez has lost the dressing room? Or is it opinions based on performances.

By the same token where is it coming from that Howard, Distin and Ferguson are causing trouble?

as I just said, he shouldn't be doing it, in the pre match thread I backed Martinez for dropping him, saying any manager worth his salt would not allow a player to slag of the management and then go onto continue playing him, the worry is that this lad has now had 2 digs at Martinez so obviously feels comfortable doing it, and that would suggest to me there may be more than just him who have had it with Martinez

Don´t think he should be sacked but we need to turn a corner and fast. We could easily get dragged into something very ugly unless we get a couple of wins soon. This is the first time I´m genuinely worried.

Your worried, you admit we could be dragged into a relegation scrap and nothing in the last 20 games suggest things will improve, yet you wouldn't sack him

You spout more guff than the rusty trombone player down the bus depot. 'If it's Ferguson' Based on what? nvm, just hate and despise mate. Crack on.
Keep up, it was mentioned by someone on the radio...which I commented on....and I think i did say 'if' he has been didn't I? Yep, I did.

Apart from that you did well there. Defo up to your usual standard of accuracy.

You only know football since the premier league

Lol

Cluless

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Anyway, I've only been alive that long so it's not really in my control, you have been alive ages and you're still thick re: football so.

Genuinely a bit creeped out that you mention my age so often though.

as I just said, he shouldn't be doing it, in the pre match thread I backed Martinez for dropping him, saying any manager worth his salt would not allow a player to [Poor language removed] of the management and then go onto continue playing him, the worry is that this lad has now had 2 digs at Martinez so obviously feels comfortable doing it, and that would suggest to me there may be more than just him who have had it with Martinez
The only worry is for himself. If martinez sees this crisis through, guess who's arse is getting kicked into League One where it deserves to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back