Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Should Martinez be sacked? (Post-Hull poll)

Should Martinez be sacked

• Yes

Votes: 294 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 509 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He needs to develop a nasty streak and fast. There's no use now pretending this is a bad patch - this is a team who have the capability to rip teams off the par, we saw that last season - but the midfield is not there and teams as pish as Hull are terrorizing our defense. Rip the players a new one and get some fire back into this side.

Still voted no as I think he will learn from this, but that view is being tested
Learn from this? Did you see his substitutions?

manure.jpg

all I have to say really.
How I currently feel trying to search for positives:

triceratops2.jpg

Not 80/20 anymore, that stat says to me a lot of our fans expected better from the last 2 games, which considering our form, defence and all round lack of creativity (because our play is so slow we allow oppositions to re-group) is incredible.

He won't be sacked and he won't go. He is not going to change his tactics. He will get some shock at the crowds reaction if he loses at goodison in January. He thinks it's Wigan he is in charge of. Totally lost me today. Players standing off the ball and a total and I mean total lack of intensity. I think it has been like this since Sunderland this time last year apart from March. Has he to go? I'm kinda lost at the answer. I don't know but FFS where is the intensity? Fight? There's more in a f 'in ballet school.

What is most annoying is, we've been terrible all season. Barring a few decent performances here and there, we've been terrible, and yet, Martinez hasn't been able to do anything to change it.
On the drive back from Newcastle, we chatted in the car about how many good performances we've witnessed this season.

There were a few different selections along the way, but nobody (in a group of five) could choose more than three or four games. That's woeful.

I said...
  • Arsenal at home (for the first seventy so minutes so not really),
  • Wolfsburg away,
  • At a stretch Wolfsburg at home (although we were lucky to be fair),
  • The determination against West Ham at home.
That's slim pickings and I would say three out of the four are based simply on how poor we've been. Last season they wouldn't be close to choices.

This isn't a poor dip in form. This isn't something which can be changed over night. Ultimately, there are a lot of difficulties this season.

We can't blame referees or injuries etc. for how poor we've been overall this season.

I have reluctantly voted NO.

I will write off the City game here and now so I reserve any change of mind until the Poll after Baggies come.

Jesus....this Baggies game is taking on massive significance.

We were saying the exact same thing before today's game. Just like Roberto with his tactics, we're beginning to repeat the same lines over and over and expect different results.

I am very concerned that we can get relegated this season.

We played Hull todays and got away with the penualty decision - it should have been a penualty to hull.

We just looked like we cannot score, and could concede a goal any time.

If RM has lost the dressing room it will be hard for him to win it back.

I could care less what other teams and there fans say, if we sack RM (you did not give him time etc).

BK needs to have a hard think now, either sack him or back him in the window.

We could go down - In the next 7 PL games, we play City, RS, Chelsea & Arsenal (really how man games we going to win out of them).

None. Theyl all stuff us starting with city.

Yes he should be sacked. I feel for him cos he's a nice guy, but this is Everton and we have ordinary decent people paying 40 odd quid every forthnight to watch this rubbish. players out of position and completely devoid of ideas. if you took barkley and coleman out of that team today they would struggle in the championship. robles, alcaraz, barry, naismith, oviedo, kone, all useless. i'm disappointed we missed out on Pulis. in fact i'd bring Moyes back i'm sure he has a clause in his contract. why can't we go back to basics and play 4-4-2 and try keep a clean sheet.

On the drive back from Newcastle, we chatted in the car about how many good performances we've witnessed this season.

There were a few different selections along the way, but nobody (in a group of five) could choose more than three or four games. That's woeful.

I said...
  • Arsenal at home (for the first seventy so minutes so not really),
  • Wolfsburg away,
  • At a stretch Wolfsburg at home (although we were lucky to be fair),
  • The determination against West Ham at home.
That's slim pickings and I would say three out of the four are based simply on how poor we've been. Last season they wouldn't be close to choices.

This isn't a poor dip in form. This isn't something which can be changed over night. Ultimately, there are a lot of difficulties this season.

We can't blame referees or injuries etc. for how poor we've been overall this season.

I'd add Villa at home into that; West Ham was bad peformance but determination got us through. Wolfsburg home and away, well that was just 2 teams who don't about defending (90 chances over 2 games, 60 for Wolfsburg and 30 for us).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back