Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Should Martinez be sacked? (Post-Hull poll)

Should Martinez be sacked

• Yes

Votes: 294 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 509 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He would be at a lot, and I mean a lot, of other teams in the entire world.

Especially having spent £32m in the summer

How can a squad with Mirallas, Barkley, Lukaku and Eto'o have won four times in 20 league games for goodness sake. Completely inexcusable.

I think we will lose to West Ham in the Cup and City at home in our next PL game.

That means our next PL game is against West Brom - if we do not beat them he should be sacked (still get the sack if we draw).

After last season it hurts a bit to say it but yeah. Is it 4 points from the last 24 available now? Just not acceptable and there is no improvement in sight.

we have won 7 of our last 25 league games, its not acceptable not at all. How can anyone be happy with that. What evidence does anyone have to suggest he will turn this around? he has a relegation on his CV already and we still need another 7 wins out of our next 18 games, would you back this fraud to do it? I wouldn't this squad should not be where it is, he did last year on Moyes defence, that has been trained out of the now ad here we go dropping like a hot potato, and that is not even a saying.

have got fed up of him and his post match bollock, 'we played marvellous football up until bla bla bla, the goal they got has some luck about it but i cant fault my lads, they are a unique bunch and i have no doubt they will turn the corner'

bollock that is lid, get out.

Last edited:
On the drive back from Newcastle, we chatted in the car about how many good performances we've witnessed this season.

There were a few different selections along the way, but nobody (in a group of five) could choose more than three or four games. That's woeful.

I said...
  • Arsenal at home (for the first seventy so minutes so not really),
  • Wolfsburg away,
  • At a stretch Wolfsburg at home (although we were lucky to be fair),
  • The determination against West Ham at home.
That's slim pickings and I would say three out of the four are based simply on how poor we've been. Last season they wouldn't be close to choices.

This isn't a poor dip in form. This isn't something which can be changed over night. Ultimately, there are a lot of difficulties this season.

We can't blame referees or injuries etc. for how poor we've been overall this season.

Completely agree.

We played well against Arsenal barring the horrific defending at the end, but we were extremely lucky in both games against Wolfsburg, better finishing by them and we could easily have lost both, but at least we got the results.

No we have got to ride this storm out but we are in deep [Poor language removed] here , who would we get in anyway .

I'm perplexed by his whole situation. I've not felt this underwhelmed and concerned about an Everton team since Smith and Walker.

In fact, I probably feel worse at the moment! After the highs of last season and the expectations we had in August, this is just ridiculous.

People will state that Moyes went through poor patches, which is true, but you knew he could revert to type.

He could get a team to defend well. He could get his players to work from the dressing room, so we eventually began to grind out results.

When things were okay, he then adapted to be more positive. With Martinez, I simply cannot see any evidence that we can do this.

Defensively we are shocking; I mean all over the place. Our midfield has no guile, strength or determination: things you need in a dogfight.

Some may blame the front line (they're not blameless), but if you aren't solid at the back and middle you are liable for a thumping. It's simple.

Martinez keeps playing the same style. He may have changed the formation today, however it was in the attempt to do the same stuff.

Rigid to the point of being ludicrous. Equally, he is unable to see or react to our problems to the point of absolute stupidity.

This club is not a testing ground for his ideas, as we are currently getting sucked into a relegation fight.

You need to be tight in this situation, not leaky! It may be a different club... different players... but this philosophy got Wigan relegated.

I wish we could give him the time he needs, yet I simply fear by the time he turns it around we'll already be standing on the edge of the abyss.

He is no longer worth the risk... Bye Bye Robbie. I am dreading to read his post match comments.

I've liked your post even though I voted no. I voted no as I think he should still be given time to turn it around, although I am losing patience. If we are in this situation at the end of February then I would look to change things, especially if relegation is looking a possibility.

Agree with everything above that you said though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back