Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Should Martinez be sacked? (Post-Hull poll)

Should Martinez be sacked

• Yes

Votes: 294 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 509 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's agreeing with his post and looking at things with a rationale and jumping to ridiculous conclusions

The players have downed tools becomes maybe some of the players have being carrying injurys,maybe the players don't have a clue who's doing what because of tactics

You dont see a level of defending over 8 solid games that an ale house team would be howled off the local park for?

Ok.

I see a level of unprofessionalism on a sustained basis that cant be explained by tactics and positions. It can only be explained by players intentionally going through the motions.

There's no ifs or buts about it. If someone genuinely cant see what's going on in front of them now after 6 weeks of this then they're just hopeless at reading top level football.

He's got one more league game for me.

Over the past few days we've seen Burnley and Sland pull back 2 goal deficits against Man City. They're not invincible and we're better than the 2 teams mentioned are. Show a bit of fight Everton. That's the least that is expected and unfortunately Martinez hasn't got this team doing that. Not meeting the most basic expectation means he should go.

Distins comments about Osman? Related to this mess....has to be? (Eventhough first i thought it was just a joke)

There's a lot of turmoil between players and players and management.

It's a mess. It's a mess the players are capable of ending or continuing. But they'll continue it to get their own way of one of their backroom mates in charge.

A shambles brought about by ill disciplined players and the blame for it is carried by one man. Martinez.

That's it in a nutshell.

Sadly I think that we have no alternative but to seek another manager.

The players for whatever reason are not playing for him.

Some say he has lost the dressing room , I have no idea.

However what I do see is a team that clearly are not motivated by the manager.

I suspect that they just don't believe that Martinez's tiki taki stuff , particularly at the back , is a way for them to get results.

So have the players all decided not to put any effort in to get the man sacked then?

No, I don't think so. I'll refer to an earlier post I made:

Apart from some jarg Twitter sources, the only evidence of a backroom mutiny is the sudden decline of players who were good for us last year. We don't really know anything else at the moment and, if there was such an insurrection against Martinez, you can be sure we'll only find out about it a year or two after the fact. I think dressing room unrest is generally a symptom of bad form and not vice versa, and we have fallen into a self-perpetuating cycle that just gets worse with each bad result. That being said, I have no idea where our next win is coming from to reverse the trend.

I don't agree with Dave. I certainly don't want to think that some of our players would actively stink the place out to force a change in management. If I believed it, I would want them turfed out of the club immediately. But to blame Martinez solely is to completely ignore the fact that we have a lot of professionals out there who are not even trying. End performance is one thing, but there's very little by way of attempt. For me, calling it a conspiracy is no less proveable or legitimate a theory than saying that it's all down to one man changing fitness regimes, diets, tactics, motivation etc. especially since they seemed to work alright last year.

There's no ifs or buts about it. If someone genuinely cant see what's going on in front of them now after 6 weeks of this then they're just hopeless at reading top level football.

Which begs the question as to why Martinez has not changed his playing style , just a little to be tighter at the back and play football in the opponent's half.

As far as I can see with Roberto it's style over substance this season.

You dont see a level of defending over 8 solid games that an ale house team would be howled off the local park for?

Ok.

I see a level of unprofessionalism on a sustained basis that cant be explained by tactics and positions. It can only be explained by players intentionally going through the motions.

So what you are saying is that there is a group of players, would I be wrong in assuming that it is the likes of Howard, Distin, Jags, Pienaar anymore? Barry?, Baines? Coleman? who have lost a bit of faith in what Martinez is trying to do, and have decided to go through the motions and not bust a gut for the cause.

I want to put one question to the forum:

If we beat City will the ambience change on here? Will these threads be deserted and will members focus on positives?

So what you are saying is that there is a group of players, would I be wrong in assuming that it is the likes of Howard, Distin, Jags, Pienaar anymore? Barry?, Baines? Coleman? who have lost a bit of faith in what Martinez is trying to do, and have decided to go through the motions and not bust a gut for the cause.
No it's worse than that,they've decided to make mistakes,miss goal scoring chances and actively lose matches in order to make a change at management level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back