Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Should Martinez be sacked? (Post-Hull poll)

Should Martinez be sacked

• Yes

Votes: 294 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 509 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This conspiracy stuff is hard to buy. The players raved about the man last season, the likes of Barry, Lukaku, Baines, Howard, Naismith, Coleman, Osman etc have all been happy to commit/recommit to the club having worked with him for a year plus.

The only difference between this season and last season is that last year his methods were working, and this year they plainly are not (domestically, at least). An article by Paul Joyce a couple of days ago did hint at Martinez having a tendency to not accept or seek any outside help - that he is so confident in his methods that he won't listen to others. We know that Moyes was not such a closed box - and had his little council of senior pros who he would regularly go to to float ideas and get updates from.

If - and it is a massive if - some senior pros have turned against Roberto, could it be because they feel things aren't working, and Martinez is refusing to consult then or listen to their suggestions as to what may help?

Jagielka'a latest comments would possibly support that theory. Asked if clear the air talks were needed between players and manager, he said he doesn't think Martinez 'is that sort of manager'.

I'm speculating, but it's the only thing I can imagine could have caused any sort of supposed rift.

Personally I doubt the rift stuff, and am not in a position of wanting Martinez out yet. Ask me again after our little run of three home games though. We have to show something in that run because we can't afford to go much longer with current results as we hit the business end of the season.

Last time I saw this happening at the top level was when that Liverpool team of Hodgson's downed tools in order to get Dalglish in who they wanted in the first place.

It very much has that feel to it.

The point completely missed there

Not really. Robles and Alcaraz have replaced Distin and Howard because of injuries. They're poor, so I can't really defend them, but they were brought in as extra depth for cup games and I doubt Roberto would have envisaged having to give them a sustained run in our team. Our general problem this season has been the sudden decline of Howard, Distin and Jagielka which has basically seen the bottom come off altogether. Martinez didn't sign them. In fact, he gave them great cover last season with James McCarthy and a distant memory of Gareth Barry. There's no getting away from it this year, they've been almost completely gash and they're supposed to be the dressing room leaders.

Sorry about strong language slip of the tongue. C.o.y.blueboys get a grip,we need a goalie in the shape of green I think he top shot stopper.

Last time I saw this happening at the top level was when that Liverpool team of Hodgson's downed tools in order to get Dalglish in who they wanted in the first place.

It very much has that feel to it.

really?? Man United at Goodison last year

The Plotters

Planning to take over the establishment by airing their views on a forum

And we call kopites delusional, comedy gold this

You're damaged goods on this issue: you opposed bitterly Martinez's appointment; you've complained about Martinez every step of the way.

Please dont try and pass yourself off as a someone honestly coming to a decision. You're not. You had an axe to grind from the off.

You just have the role now of making forlorn attempts at covering your tracks. That's pretty much it.

No, the capitulation was nowhere near as dramatic as the Hodgson one and now this Martinez one.

disagree with that, you had Vidic and Ferdinand leaking stories before Christmas about being asked to watch Jagielka DVDs on how to defend (lol) and Giggs was clearly distancing himself. Van Persie downed tools in November and stories were being leaked in pre season

Not really. Robles and Alcaraz have replaced Distin and Howard because of injuries. They're poor, so I can't really defend them, but they were brought in as extra depth for cup games and I doubt Roberto would have envisaged having to give them a sustained run in our team. Our general problem this season has been the sudden decline of Howard, Distin and Jagielka which has basically seen the bottom come off altogether. Martinez didn't sign them. In fact, he gave them great cover last season with James McCarthy and a distant memory of Gareth Barry. There's no getting away from it this year, they've been almost completely gash and they're supposed to be the dressing room leaders.
Again if you read the original post it was to rebut these 'player downed tools conspiracies' and a blameless manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back