Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Should Martinez be sacked? (Post-Hull poll)

Should Martinez be sacked

• Yes

Votes: 294 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 509 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant believe that our defence wouldnt have been tested last season!
There has to be something going on...something is grinding the Core of the team. Players know how they are expected to play...it cant be that it has come as a suprise to them
the last few weeks the fullbacks have become very narrow, notice the number of times coleman and baines are in the middle when a cross come in, it looks like they are set up to be a bit tighter in the middle, but its leaving loads of space for the opposition to bomb into , not working but then again what is?

You keep contradicting yourself dave

"That was then,this is now" could this be Roberto's team selections have gone from last seasons round pegs into round holes into some wild crazy shapes

It's nothing to do with team selection either,the players didn't bring in Robles,Alcarez and McGeady,Roberto did,if you play crap players your team will be crap.....simple as that
You tell yourself what you need to hear mate. I'll keep observing what's actually happening. I see players simply not putting it in. They are walking us over the cliff until they can force the hand of the board to get Martinez out.

You tell yourself what you need to hear mate. I'll keep observing what's actually happening. I see players simply not putting it in. They are walking us over the cliff until they can force the hand of the board to get Martinez out.
The whole squad?

He must be a right bellend behind the scenes this Martinez

No, I have no inside info whatsoever. TNF, I dont think you need any. It's obvious these players aren't putting it in.

As I said on the cup thread: I can see them at Goodison where they'll get a lot of stick anyway if they dont put it in, pulling their finger out to get the cup win...just to keep the plate spinning on that competition. Then they'll get down to it again in the PL and getting the manager the sack.

I've never seen anything like it. Not at Everton anyway.
no argument about the players, no excuse for not putting in a shift pressing putting in a tackle we arnt winning many 50/50 balls, the number of times are players look up at a ball between them and an opposition player without making a challenge does my head in

Distin. Chief plotter.

His bloody fingerprints all over this

It's nothing to do with team selection either,the players didn't bring in Robles,Alcarez and McGeady,Roberto did,if you play crap players your team will be crap.....simple as that

Yeah, for about 2 quid and a packet of Mars bars in total. You seem to be conveniently forgetting the fact that he brought in James McCarthy and Lukaku who were instrumental to us last season. What about Deufoleu? Besic? He's had a couple of transfer hits too, as everyone appears to have forgotten.

Telling that after an hour or so this poll was heavily in favour of sacking Martinez, then when rational thought has returned and the initial fumers that cannot wait to burp their opinion all over whatever medium they can get their twitching hands on have quietened down, it swings back the other way.

SACK HIM FFS!!!!111!one

Yeah, for about 2 quid and a packet of Mars bars in total. You seem to be conveniently forgetting the fact that he brought in James McCarthy and Lukaku who were instrumental to us last season. What about Deufoleu? Besic? He's had a couple of transfer hits too, as everyone appears to have forgotten.
The point completely missed there

Telling that after an hour or so this poll was heavily in favour of sacking Martinez, then when rational thought has returned and the initial fumers that cannot wait to burp their opinion all over whatever medium they can get their twitching hands on have quietened down, it swings back the other way.

SACK HIM FFS!!!!111!one

Mate the plotters are on the majority. Didn't you know?

You can tell this by how loud they are.

@davek

Looks to me like we have been drained of all confidence and belief in our own ability, and the fact that there's no end in sight is [Poor language removed] worrying, can anyone see our next win???

I'm interested to see what happens in January, Martinez has got the transfer window open, if I was him I'd buy a couple of top quality players at least. Midfielder and centre back minimum, probably a goalkeeper and I'd ship out probably 2 or 3 players now and maybe another couple in the summer and bring in more replacements then.

I think there's some people out there that didn't want Martinez and were prepared to give him hell when he hit his first rocky patch. I've been disappointed with this season pretty much from pre-season and this Chrimbo slump is the stuff of nightmares but I think the injuries have taken a severe toll on the team this season and he's been forced to play players through injuries, and play players with knocks out of position to cover positions where he has no cover.

Sometimes you just have to accept that it's not going to be a good season for us in the league and hope that he can turn it around to maintain mid table while having a run at the cups. He needs reinforcements though and that's why this transfer window is crucial.

no argument about the players, no excuse for not putting in a shift pressing putting in a tackle we arnt winning many 50/50 balls, the number of times are players look up at a ball between them and an opposition player without making a challenge does my head in

That is my gripe. We seem to be allowing the opposition to play with time and space. We are not hassling as we used to and jockey from about 5 yards away. Invitation for chances and goals. You also made a good point with regards to playing narrow. We are allowing numerous crosses to come in and we are inept at defending them and with Coleman and Baines not being the greatest defenders they are easily passed by average wingers. Our CBs also need to intercept rather than allow the opposition attackers to drop a couple of yards to receive and turn. Its shambolic at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back