Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Should Martinez be sacked? (Post-Hull poll)

Should Martinez be sacked

• Yes

Votes: 294 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 509 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad you've acknowledged your previous statement was factually incorrect
tumblr_mr7l5dg2ed1qcga5ro1_500.gif

Don't you find it strange that so.many players are culpable? Is it not a case of them thinking 'What's the point? He keeps insisting we play this way when it obviously isn't working.'? Most of us feel that way so why should the players feel any different.

OK, big wages and they owe it to the fans, and all that malarkey, but it's Bob's tactics that are making them look bad.
I was talking to my mate last night about this, the lack of passion, closing down, and the fact he keeps doing the same thing thats not working ie, playing Barkley, eto, Naismith on the wing when it hasn't and never will work,plus we never play the same team, even the odd decent performance has brought a change the next game think its twenty odd games now we have had a different team out from the game before.

Are chairman has to make a few harsh decisions , either give the manager the money to bring in a few to change it up, and lets face it the fact ,he has brought in rubbish like Robles,ect and only Mccarthy , and possibly Rom, Besic as his only decent signings thats a big gamble, or sack him.
Either way its not something i would like to be making a decision on, i want him to work through it and learn, but the way we have been playing just isn't good enough we are getting beat by also rans, Hull have only won one home game, Newcastle were on a losing streak and got lucky against Burnley at home yesterday so that tells you how good they are, Southampton half a team missing and so on,
We haven't had hard luck we deserved what we got out of those games nothing.
After every game for about 6 weeks i have said to myself , he just isn't doing it and has to go, then calm down and think give him time we just need a change of luck or a decent signing, only to be back to square one after a game.
Don't know the answer to all this, but the longer it goes on the harder it is to keep faith in him, if we dont improve by the WBA game( i dont expect to beat city) with a few decent performances and hopefully a player or two in , he has to go, it doesn't bare thinking of going out against Chelsea, the RS ect in the coming games the way we are playing.
Dont fancy this team to fight its way out of anything so its a worry,I hope he turns it around but it has to be soon.

Confidence in the team starts from trusting the man between the sticks to get you out of bother when you make a mistake (and we make lots of them). So here's the actual problem IMHO....

Robles last 5 games for everton
Shots on target from opposition = 27
Goals by opposition = 14

So over half the shots on target have gone in our net. Now Excluding blocks from defenders, deflections wide and ball hitting the woodwork etc Joel Robles has actually saved less than 10% of the shots at him.

Yes for me, if he doesn't shake-up his staff in the next couple of days. He needs help, and has done since he arrived.
Oh, and any player who's been stirring/not giving 100pc can Gtf too like

No it doesn't. Ultimately, a player is responsible for how much effort he puts on the pitch. If the prospect of Everton getting relegated isn't enough motivation for a footballer to get his effing finger out for 40 grand a week plus, then the problem isn't Martinez.

I don't really understand why we have a manager in that case.

I should clarify, Martinez has most certainly contributed a lot to our current downturn. I just don't think he should get all the blame, particularly where it concerns a professional footballer's output on the pitch. We have much better players than some of the teams we have been playing recently (and fielded them), any sort of visible work ethic could have grinded out a result or two but we surrendered meekly. That's not just Roberto, and the idea that players are not applying themselves because of some beef with the manager seems a bit pathetic to me.

I should clarify, Martinez has most certainly contributed a lot to our current downturn. I just don't think he should get all the blame, particularly where it concerns a professional footballer's output on the pitch. We have much better players than some of the teams we have been playing recently (and fielded them), any sort of visible work ethic could have grinded out a result or two but we surrendered meekly. That's not just Roberto, and the idea that players are not applying themselves because of some beef with the manager seems a bit pathetic to me.

All the blame, sure.

But certainly there seems to be a line going around that the players basically either perform or they don't and the manager has nothing to do with it.

Which does rather beg the question why we're paying guys 2 million a year to manage our team, in that case.

I'd much rather think that our manager who we're paying money to manage is just getting it wrong and he can get it right again then that he literally has no power at all and we might as well have a small bunny in the dugout instead.

Confidence in the team starts from trusting the man between the sticks to get you out of bother when you make a mistake (and we make lots of them). So here's the actual problem IMHO....

Goals by opposition = 14

So over half the shots on target have gone in our net. Now Excluding blocks from defenders, deflections wide and ball hitting the woodwork etc Joel Robles has actually saved less than 10% of the shots at him.
that second one yesterday looked like he was positioning himself to give jelavic a blow job, on your knees in front of him, rather than try and make a save was a joke, maybe we need to look at the goalkeeping coach as both are keepers are rubbish one and one dont command the area or inspire any confidence,

But certainly there seems to be a line going around that the players basically either perform or they don't and the manager has nothing to do with it.

Believe me, my opinion of Martinez is diminishing by the week. But I know that even if every one of my fluffy, hypothetical solutions were magically implemented over the next couple of weeks (two wingers, drop Barry, buy a goalkeeper), it wouldn't matter a jot if the players were putting in the sort of lethargic shifts they are at the moment.

Believe me, my opinion of Martinez is diminishing by the week. But I know that even if every one of my fluffy, hypothetical solutions were magically implemented over the next couple of weeks (two wingers, drop Barry, buy a goalkeeper), it wouldn't matter a jot if the players were putting in the sort of lethargic shifts they are at the moment.

Yeah but say there is an attitude problem with the players (and I hope to christ there isn't because if there is, that's a tough problem to fix). barry, Alcaraz, besic, joel, mcgeayd, lukaku, etoo, kone are martinez' players and barkley, naismith, garbutt, osman are players he's either promoted to the first team or given new contracts too.

Surely if they are bad apples it's his fault for picking them. You shouldn't bring people who have bad attitudes into the club.

The thing what has worried me the most is Martinez has said he won't deviate from the path, he'll stick to his principles.

If the players can't fit the system then you build the system around them

Goals by opposition = 14

He's a shocking keeper, and I can't see what Martinez saw in him in the first place.

I was talking to my mate last night about this, the lack of passion, closing down, and the fact he keeps doing the same thing thats not working ie, playing Barkley, eto, Naismith on the wing when it hasn't and never will work,plus we never play the same team, even the odd decent performance has brought a change the next game think its twenty odd games now we have had a different team out from the game before.

Are chairman has to make a few harsh decisions , either give the manager the money to bring in a few to change it up, and lets face it the fact ,he has brought in rubbish like Robles,ect and only Mccarthy , and possibly Rom, Besic as his only decent signings thats a big gamble, or sack him.
Either way its not something i would like to be making a decision on, i want him to work through it and learn, but the way we have been playing just isn't good enough we are getting beat by also rans, Hull have only won one home game, Newcastle were on a losing streak and got lucky against Burnley at home yesterday so that tells you how good they are, Southampton half a team missing and so on,
We haven't had hard luck we deserved what we got out of those games nothing.
After every game for about 6 weeks i have said to myself , he just isn't doing it and has to go, then calm down and think give him time we just need a change of luck or a decent signing, only to be back to square one after a game.
Don't know the answer to all this, but the longer it goes on the harder it is to keep faith in him, if we dont improve by the WBA game( i dont expect to beat city) with a few decent performances and hopefully a player or two in , he has to go, it doesn't bare thinking of going out against Chelsea, the RS ect in the coming games the way we are playing.
Dont fancy this team to fight its way out of anything so its a worry,I hope he turns it around but it has to be soon.
You wont get that change mate, you wont get it and you know why: the players have packed in. They packed in weeks ago; downed tools and are going through the motions until they get their way and the manager is sacked. It's as simple as that.

There's some nonsense being talked about the manager not being able to do the job; this feller had those same players playing the best football we've seen for 15 years or so last season. Wonderful football to watch. And we got a record number of points to show for it.

This has absolutely **** all to do with what the manager can and cant do; it's about what the players are prepared to do. The answer to that right now is that they are prepared to rollover and see a new manager brought in that they want.

You wont get that change mate, you wont get it and you know why: the players have packed in. They packed in weeks ago; downed tools and are going through the motions until they get their way and the manager is sacked. It's as simple as that.

There's some nonsense being talked about the manager not being able to do the job; this feller had those same players playing the best football we've seen for 15 years or so last season. Wonderful football to watch. And we got a record number of points to show for it.

This has absolutely **** all to do with what the manager can and cant do; it's about what the players are prepared to do. The answer to that right now is that they are prepared to rollover and see a new manager brought in that they want.

So your saying dave the players are playing kak as they want a new manager? I know players don't always help a manager as a new manager makes an impact but these players played for Roberto last season and have in patches this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back