Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Should Martinez be sacked? (Post-Hull poll)

Should Martinez be sacked

• Yes

Votes: 294 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 509 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Players dont help each other...Thats a serious symptom

Yeah, I've noticed that too. There seems to be little doubling up in the tackle, running in to space (at pace) or any general leadership.

In short, there is no passion for playing for Everton

Totally numb this season. 38th year as a season ticket holder and I told the other 3 die hards who I have been going to the match with last season that this would end in tears. His first home match last season, 3 mins of injury time, free kick in our own half and Jags passes it to Distin. I may be wrong but I would have had these 2 in the box and thrown it in - deflection, penalty, anything can happen if the ball is near their area. Yes it may have gone out for a goal kick but we won't score from passing it in our own half that's for certain.
OK we got some good wins last year but I genuinely believe that it was overrated. Arsenal away, passed them to death first half but still hardly got anywhere near the box. All done outside, watch back if you don't believe me.
Biggest 3 games (in my opinion) of last year were Arsenal in cup, Arsenal at home in league and Southampton away in league. We used to batter Moyes for choking on the big occasion but 2 of these 3 were a joke. Cup game - 4 goals conceded and Robles brought in. Arsenal at home - as good as they played all year. Southampton away - victory needed for CL qualification - utter sh*** and gutless.
If you listen to how he talks about McGeady and Alcaraz you would think that he was talking about Ratcliffe and tricky Trev.Call a spade a spade as you can't fool the punters although you have done a good job so far.
He inherited the 3rd meanest defense and we now have the 2nd worst.You have seen the stats on Sky - hardly tackling, most unforced errors, etc. Forget these, all I know is that I am seeing a side that cannot defend, gutless in midfield and doesn't create anything going forward.
One season apart under Moyes we were good for 5th - 7th and given the finances we were in fairly safe hands. A bad defeat under Moyes and we almost always bounced back....Wigan 0-3 in the cup, week later we gave it to City. This lot don't even do that for us......
I want him to do well as I like him but Ferguson and Mourinho change tactics and styles at to exploit the opposition. We have one way of playing......and I don't think he is capable or willing to change.........

Yeah, I've noticed that too. There seems to be little doubling up in the tackle, running in to space (at pace) or any general leadership.

In short, there is no passion for playing for Everton
Don't you find it strange that so.many players are culpable? Is it not a case of them thinking 'What's the point? He keeps insisting we play this way when it obviously isn't working.'? Most of us feel that way so why should the players feel any different?

OK, big wages and they owe it to the fans, and all that malarkey, but it's Bob's tactics that are making them look bad.

Totally numb this season. 38th year as a season ticket holder and I told the other 3 die hards who I have been going to the match with last season that this would end in tears. His first home match last season, 3 mins of injury time, free kick in our own half and Jags passes it to Distin. I may be wrong but I would have had these 2 in the box and thrown it in - deflection, penalty, anything can happen if the ball is near their area. Yes it may have gone out for a goal kick but we won't score from passing it in our own half that's for certain.
OK we got some good wins last year but I genuinely believe that it was overrated. Arsenal away, passed them to death first half but still hardly got anywhere near the box. All done outside, watch back if you don't believe me.
Biggest 3 games (in my opinion) of last year were Arsenal in cup, Arsenal at home in league and Southampton away in league. We used to batter Moyes for choking on the big occasion but 2 of these 3 were a joke. Cup game - 4 goals conceded and Robles brought in. Arsenal at home - as good as they played all year. Southampton away - victory needed for CL qualification - utter sh*** and gutless.
If you listen to how he talks about McGeady and Alcaraz you would think that he was talking about Ratcliffe and tricky Trev.Call a spade a spade as you can't fool the punters although you have done a good job so far.
He inherited the 3rd meanest defense and we now have the 2nd worst.You have seen the stats on Sky - hardly tackling, most unforced errors, etc. Forget these, all I know is that I am seeing a side that cannot defend, gutless in midfield and doesn't create anything going forward.
One season apart under Moyes we were good for 5th - 7th and given the finances we were in fairly safe hands. A bad defeat under Moyes and we almost always bounced back....Wigan 0-3 in the cup, week later we gave it to City. This lot don't even do that for us......
I want him to do well as I like him but Ferguson and Mourinho change tactics and styles at to exploit the opposition. We have one way of playing......and I don't think he is capable or willing to change.........
Summed it up imo yesterday when Coleman was just stood there and baines ran past him to press, just sums up the disorientation

Don't you find it strange that so.many players are culpable? Is it not a case of them thinking 'What's the point? He keeps insisting we play this way when it obviously isn't working.'? Most of us feel that way so why should the players feel any different?

OK, big wages and they owe it to the fans, and all that malarkey, but it's Bob's tactics that are making them look bad.

You're letting them off the hook there, really. They have barely been trying which is a huge factor. I don't want to see our club sink to the championship because a couple of so-called professionals disagree with their manager.

And you don't think the players realize they're being played out of position?

It doesn't excuse the complete lack of drive on display by our team. Martinez is certainly to blame for his poor team selection policy. I'm baffled by his persistence with Barry and the shoehorning of Barkley/Naismith/Eto'o into wide positions but that's not an invitation to down tools, develop a phobia to tackling and generally stop being footballers.

Doesn't that come from the manager though; Alex Ferguson fielded very weak teams over his tenure, they never lost that intensity to fight and did anything to win.

Yeah, the greatest manager in the modern game and unprecedented success story got some good results with poor teams. A cynic might point to the fact that all he really needed was a spine of Webb/Riley to help his percentages but I'm not a cynic. Martinez is a young manager who could use a bit of support right now and very few players are showing it. That's them, nobody else.

Yeah, the greatest manager in the modern game and unprecedented success story got some good results with poor teams. A cynic might point to the fact that all he really needed was a spine of Webb/Riley to help his percentages but I'm not a cynic. Martinez is a young manager who could use a bit of support right now and very few players are showing it. That's them, nobody else.

Behave, using refs decisions, stretching much. The issue still stands, RM is a young manager but the drive and determination from his team comes from him

Behave, using refs decisions, stretching much. The issue still stands, RM is a young manager but the drive and determination from his team comes from him

No it doesn't. Ultimately, a player is responsible for how much effort he puts on the pitch. If the prospect of Everton getting relegated isn't enough motivation for a footballer to get his effing finger out for 40 grand a week plus, then the problem isn't Martinez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back