Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Should Martinez be sacked? (Post-Hull poll)

Should Martinez be sacked

• Yes

Votes: 294 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 509 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So your saying dave the players are playing kak as they want a new manager? I know players don't always help a manager as a new manager makes an impact but these players played for Roberto last season and have in patches this season.
That was then, this is now. Something has changed.

If you have two eyes in your head you know that these frauds are tanking it. The defending has gone from one of the very best in the PL to the very worst.

They've capitulated. Anyone who cant see that really doesn't have a clue about football.

The physio who left was very close to a lot of the players. None more so than Distin.

It was the final straw for Distin who pre match v Stoke caused absolute murder before the game during the pre match briefing. To the point where Martinez lost the plot. Distin has been in touch with his lawyer to make sure Everton can't release him before his contract is up.

Professor Plum in the study with a candle stick

You wont get that change mate, you wont get it and you know why: the players have packed in. They packed in weeks ago; downed tools and are going through the motions until they get their way and the manager is sacked. It's as simple as that.

There's some nonsense being talked about the manager not being able to do the job; this feller had those same players playing the best football we've seen for 15 years or so last season. Wonderful football to watch. And we got a record number of points to show for it.

This has absolutely **** all to do with what the manager can and cant do; it's about what the players are prepared to do. The answer to that right now is that they are prepared to rollover and see a new manager brought in that they want.
Complete jarg, concocted to protect your original view that Martinez is the best thing since sliced bread

He's the manager ffs, his job is to motivate inspire and select the team, if players aren't doing it then it's his job to call them out and change them if necessary. Can you ever envisage a scenario where a manager like Ferguson would accept half arsed performances because they fancied a change in routine? Behave yourself, it's weak management by Martinez that's behind the current slump.

Who really knows what's going on behind the scenes, i think its obvious there are big problems as we keep hearing that certain players are not happy with Martinez and the old motto no smoke without fire will probably be correct in this case. What gets me is why does he keep playing certain players out of their natural positions and the other gripe i have is when we have an injury and lets be honest this season we have had plenty, he keeps bringing players back when it's bloody obvious they're not match fit which results in more longer injuries. I think Davek may have a very good point when he quotes "that they are prepared to rollover and see a new manager brought in that they want" whether he has lost the dressing room i don't know but he is making a lot of Everton players very unhappy right now.

You can tell the problem, like.

Last year the players just did what they want but this year martinez has got a bit of ego and is telling them to listen to him rather than follow their own minds.

It's blatantly obvious, you look at that team and how well they played last year and you can only assumed they're being sabotaged now to account the difference. The obvious clear conclusion is that martinez is actively ruining their performances so he can replace them with his own yes men.

Why else would those players who we know can play great football suddenly stop unless their manager was actively trying to make them look bad for his own power play reasons?

You wont get that change mate, you wont get it and you know why: the players have packed in. They packed in weeks ago; downed tools and are going through the motions until they get their way and the manager is sacked. It's as simple as that.

There's some nonsense being talked about the manager not being able to do the job; this feller had those same players playing the best football we've seen for 15 years or so last season. Wonderful football to watch. And we got a record number of points to show for it.

This has absolutely **** all to do with what the manager can and cant do; it's about what the players are prepared to do. The answer to that right now is that they are prepared to rollover and see a new manager brought in that they want.
have you heard anything Davek about behind the scenes ?
then again i suppose its natural to think the way we have dropped off there is something going on, the decline is shocking i haven't heard anything other than on here.

I hope we find out one day what has really happened behind the scenes

Crap tactics, playing players out of position and messing about with the formation like he's playing FM, that's the issues.

Who's fault Is it today?

I cant believe that our defence wouldnt have been tested last season! Never pressed....suddenly everything is collapsing
There has to be something going on...something is grinding the Core of the team. Players know how they are expected to play...it cant be that it has come as a suprise to them

We are just presuming things have happened behind the scenes at Everton. Our defence this season is awful last season was good. You could say a number of things like injurys players of form etc. Also that Roberto has had a full season and it's second season syndrome but he has better players. The only think I can say is wigans defence was kak but that was Wigan this is Everton.

That was then, this is now. Something has changed.

If you have two eyes in your head you know that these frauds are tanking it. The defending has gone from one of the very best in the PL to the very worst.

They've capitulated. Anyone who cant see that really doesn't have a clue about football.
You keep contradicting yourself dave

"That was then,this is now" could this be Roberto's team selections have gone from last seasons round pegs into round holes into some wild crazy shapes

It's nothing to do with team selection either,the players didn't bring in Robles,Alcarez and McGeady,Roberto did,if you play crap players your team will be crap.....simple as that

Who really knows what's going on behind the scenes, i think its obvious there are big problems as we keep hearing that certain players are not happy with Martinez and the old motto no smoke without fire will probably be correct in this case. What gets me is why does he keep playing certain players out of their natural positions and the other gripe i have is when we have an injury and lets be honest this season we have had plenty, he keeps bringing players back when it's bloody obvious they're not match fit which results in more longer injuries. I think Davek may have a very good point when he quotes "that they are prepared to rollover and see a new manager brought in that they want" whether he has lost the dressing room i don't know but he is making a lot of Everton players very unhappy right now.

The players behaviour if this is true is absolutely disgraceful.

They don't play for Martinez they play for EFC. Those not putting 100% effort in can GTFO of Everton.

Distin in my view has always been a rotten apple and I would not be surprised if he's leading a whispering campaign

have you heard anything Davek about behind the scenes ?
then again i suppose its natural to think the way we have dropped off there is something going on, the decline is shocking i haven't heard anything other than on here.
No, I have no inside info whatsoever. TBF, I dont think you need any. It's obvious these players aren't putting it in.

As I said on the cup thread: I can see them at Goodison where they'll get a lot of stick anyway if they dont put it in, pulling their finger out to get the cup win...just to keep the plate spinning on that competition. Then they'll get down to it again in the PL and getting the manager the sack.

I've never seen anything like it. Not at Everton anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back