Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Should Martinez be sacked? (Post-Hull poll)

Should Martinez be sacked

• Yes

Votes: 294 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 509 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
New GK
Baines Stones Jags Coleman
McCarthy Besic
Mirallas Barkley McGeady
Lukaku

We will beat City, I have a gut feeling that things will go better as the tough games come up-for whatever reason. We step it up vs big teams. If we can show our grit and flair vs City, and win, we will have that motivation back. Mark my words, the school of Science is reopening.

Also, we can't allow a shot on goal, or else it's in.

Billy Liar will not want to pay out his contract until there is more evidence that RM has lost the plot. At the moment EFC are in the depths of a bad run but a couple of good results and hey presto we are back moving up the league. For my part I hope RM can weather the storm though his fiddling with team selection and the amount of players just playing plain badly are worrying.
Yesterday for example, Besic was simply unprofessional with that yellow card. As was McCarthy against Stoke for the penalty. Too many players are just not doing the right thing.
It will be interesting to see if Billy Liar entrusts club funds to RM for the window.

Ive thought about this situation while sleeping.

IT'S MAD YO!

what the hell. Seriously like...

So there is a mutiny...I say theres only one honourable way out. KEEP TOUGH BOBBY! !

window opens today/tomorrow.....kick out EVERY ONE OF THOSE ROTTEN APPLES!! Effing every one!!!

Risk, but worth while taking...It's either glorious death or glorious escape. If you give them your little finger theyll rip you apart...slowly but surely.

Im old school. Stand by your captain
FFS

*pulls out a violin, checks hair, walks on the deck. Waits.

Would redknapp leave one relegation scrap for another. Don't dislike the bloke just that he loves living on the south coast, can't see he would want to come here.

No Redknapp wouldn´t come here. And that´s more or less the problems. The pickings of managers is very slim indeed.

IT'S MAD YO!

So there is a mutiny...I say theres only one honourable way out. KEEP TOUGH BOBBY! !

window opens today/tomorrow.....kick out EVERY ONE OF THOSE ROTTEN APPLES!! Effing every one!!!

Risk, but worth while taking...It's either glorious death or glorious escape. If you give them your little finger theyll rip you apart...slowly but surely.

FFS

If there is a mutiny, who´s leading it?

Serious question: People are increasingly talking about Bobby having lost the dressing room, but when that happens it´s usually a clique of senior players who instigate it (Carrick, Vicid, Ferdinand in the case of Utd last season).

Who would those players be at Everton? Howard, Distin, Jags, Baines, Mirallas? I can´t really see that. Also, I reckon James McCarthy is massively loyal to RM and probably quite an influential voice in the dressing room.

New GK
McCarthy Besic
Mirallas Barkley McGeady
Lukaku

We will beat City, I have a gut feeling that things will go better as the tough games come up-for whatever reason. We step it up vs big teams. If we can show our grit and flair vs City, and win, we will have that motivation back. Mark my words, the school of Science is reopening.

1: That new GK will probably be an ex-Wigan player.
2: He won't drop Barry
3: Two wingers, are you mad?
4: City will analise us like a bizarre Garbutt-related Chico fantasy.

If there is a mutiny, who´s leading it?

Serious question: People are increasingly talking about Bobby having lost the dressing room, but when that happens it´s usually a clique of senior players who instigate it (Carrick, Vicid, Ferdinand in the case of Utd last season).

Who would those players be at Everton? Howard, Distin, Jags, Baines, Mirallas? I can´t really see that. Also, I reckon James McCarthy is massively loyal to RM and probably quite an influential voice in the dressing room.

Core must be DISTIN and HOWARD
cant see Baines being part of it.

I really really want him to succeed with us but this can't be allowed to continue for much longer.

Where has it gone wrong? If some of the players don't like him why not? He showed how well we can play last season but now all of a sudden some have decided they don't like it?

Just watched MotD and seen the comparison of our current, and Wigan's last, season in the PL. It's too scarily similar for my liking and suggests Bob's stobborn reliance on a system that does not suit the players at his disposal means he is taking us ever downwards.

I know people will harp on about how Howard Kendal, DM and SAF flirted with relegation in their early management of us and Man Utd but Howard had the right players, DM had the eyes and SAF had the hairdryer to make sure things worked as they wanted to.

Brown shoes, a devilishly handsome persona and the 'promise' of Champions League football does not a successful manager make. The surprise factor of our football last season is no longer a surprise. We have been worked out, but Bob, even if recognizing we have, is neither flexible, open-minded nor ruthless enough to come up with anything but 'that's not like us' excuses.

Sorry, Roberto, but it is like us and you've been saying it for too long now. Everton FC is not your toy, not your experiment. We know that you know that you need to be successful at our club to maintain your status as a young manager destined for a top European club but, please, go and find another lab rat to torment.

This might come over as wordy and melodramatic but I can't help my writing style. What's more, I know there will be plenty of others who share the same sentiments.

Last edited:
New GK
McCarthy Besic
Mirallas Barkley McGeady
Lukaku

Wigan used to step up against the big sides too. Stop deluding yourself.

On the plus side for Bobby and our gutless players, that phil Collins loving beaut from over the park leaving, means the echo will be having a fawning week long wake rather holding them to account, oh that's right they wouldn't have done that anyway 

IT'S MAD YO!

FFS

Apart from some jarg Twitter sources, the only evidence of a backroom mutiny is the sudden decline of players who were good for us last year. We don't really know anything else at the moment and, if there was such an insurrection against Martinez, you can be sure we'll only find out about it a year or two after the fact. I think dressing room unrest is generally a symptom of bad form and not vice versa, and we have fallen into a self-perpetuating cycle that just gets worse with each bad result. That being said, I have no idea where our next win is coming from to reverse the trend.

Apart from some jarg Twitter sources, the only evidence of a backroom mutiny is the sudden decline of players who were good for us last year. We don't really know anything else at the moment and, if there was such an insurrection against Martinez, you can be sure we'll only find out about it a year or two after the fact. I think dressing room unrest is generally a symptom of bad form and not vice versa, and we have fallen into a self-perpetuating cycle that just gets worse with each bad result. That being said, I have no idea where our next win is coming from to reverse the trend.

It's also the tempo we're playing at ......... it's SO SLOW it's painful and allows the opposition to regroup, steal the ball and away.

It's like the players are running in treacle most of time. And it's horrible to watch because you're just waiting for the inevitable error to occur (usually when McGeady gets the ball)

It's also the tempo we're playing at ......... it's SO SLOW it's painful and allows the opposition to regroup, steal the ball and away.

It's like the players are running in treacle most of time. And it's horrible to watch because you're just waiting for the inevitable error to occur (usually when McGeady gets the ball)

Another symptom of bad form is that every error seems to get punished. We wouldn't be talking about that mistake if the defence responded a bit better or we had a goalkeeper that could save stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back