Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Should Martinez be sacked? (Post-Hull poll)

Should Martinez be sacked

• Yes

Votes: 294 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 509 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're damaged goods on this issue: you opposed bitterly Martinez's appointment; you've complained about Martinez every step of the way.

Please dont try and pass yourself off as a someone honestly coming to a decision. You're not. You had an axe to grind from the off.

You just have the role now of making forlorn attempts at covering your tracks. That's pretty much it.

Haha

Ok

The problem I have with this moyes old boys vs bobby narrative.

Is that Distin didn't play yesterday, Howard didn't play yesterday, Pienaar didn't play yesterday, Osman didn't play yesterday, garbutt didn't play yesetrday.

If you're arguing that players are deliberately not trying because they hate martinez then you have to point at the players who are playing badly and losing us games and that's barry, alcaraz, lukaku, barkley, robles, eto'o mcgeady, besic and kone as much as it is Jagielka, coleman, Baines and Naismith.

If it was just those last 4, who are all moyes boys, and the rest of the team was fine then yeah fair enough, blame the players for not embracing martinez. But when the players who aren't performing include all the players martinez has bought in, it's got to be something other than a personality clash.

For me it's 'just' lack of form, lack of confidence, lack of belief and lack of fight.

That is my gripe. We seem to be allowing the opposition to play with time and space. We are not hassling as we used to and jockey from about 5 yards away. Invitation for chances and goals. You also made a good point with regards to playing narrow. We are allowing numerous crosses to come in and we are inept at defending them and with Coleman and Baines not being the greatest defenders they are easily passed by average wingers. Our CBs also need to intercept rather than allow the opposition attackers to drop a couple of yards to receive and turn. Its shambolic at the moment.

If there's a manager players conspiracy.... When we scored last minute against the RS it didn't look it. And when we went 2-0 up against arsenal it didn't look it.... And every game in the Europa league it hasn't looked it......

Fan conspiracy more like

Try from the end of November and that Spurs game away.

Something has happened in that dressing room. There's no way anyone could see this run happening.

Believing there's no tanking going on here now is on a par with believing in fairies.

It's happening and it's going to happen again and again until Martinez is forced out.

It's pretty pathetic reading some of this nonsense about Martinez not knowing what he's doing after last season's performances.

I'm quite frankly embarrassed for anyone arguing that line. It's just not on.

I don't think it's a conspiracy, nor do I think Roberto is blameless. But some of our players have been absolutely sleepwalking through games and it's as clear as day.
Totally agree but there has to be a rational reason for this,tactics,fitness etc...

The problem I have with this moyes old boys vs bobby narrative.

Is that Distin didn't play yesterday, Howard didn't play yesterday, Pienaar didn't play yesterday, Osman didn't play yesterday, garbutt didn't play yesetrday.

If you're arguing that players are deliberately not trying because they hate martinez then you have to point at the players who are playing badly and losing us games and that's barry, alcaraz, lukaku, barkley, robles, eto'o mcgeady, besic and kone as much as it is Jagielka, coleman, Baines and Naismith.

If it was just those last 4, who are all moyes boys, and the rest of the team was fine then yeah fair enough, blame the players for not embracing martinez. But when the players who aren't performing include all the players martinez has bought in, it's got to be something other than a personality clash.

For me it's 'just' lack of form, lack of confidence, lack of belief and lack of fight.

Nailed it. Those who take to the pitch are not putting it in; others are excusing themselves from games, and some of them are making snide comments on social media (Garbutt, btw...I mean who the **** is this no mark to think he gets a say in anything, the beaut.)

Try from the end of November and that Spurs game away.

Something has happened in that dressing room. There's no way anyone could see this run happening.

Believing there's no tanking going on here now is on a par with believing in fairies.

It's happening and it's going to happen again and again until Martinez is forced out.

It's pretty pathetic reading some of this nonsense about Martinez not knowing what he's doing after last season's performances.

I'm quite frankly embarrassed for anyone arguing that line. It's just not on.
You should be a politician mate

Spin spin spin

Totally agree but there has to be a rational reason for this,tactics,fitness etc...

Honestly I think it's belief much more than either tactics or fitness.

They have no confidence and no belief. It's no more and no less than that.

Once the first good result comes, the corner will turn. But right now, they're scared to go out on that pitch and scared to try anything with the ball.

But that's not agreeing with him at all is it? You just agreed and then said in effect it's all about Martinez (fitness , tactics).
It's agreeing with his post and looking at things with a rationale and jumping to ridiculous conclusions

The players have downed tools becomes maybe some of the players have being carrying injurys,maybe the players don't have a clue who's doing what because of tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back