Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Should Martinez be sacked? (Post-Hull poll)

Should Martinez be sacked

• Yes

Votes: 294 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 509 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You all have to remember that Martinez will not be sacked. And Thats a fact.

Finners I agree , which rightly or wrongly makes me very , very worried for the rest of the season and beyond because I just don't see it getting any better or Martinez compromising on his style of play.

I want to put one question to the forum:

If we beat City will the ambience change on here? Will these threads be deserted and will members focus on positives?
Yes fans are fickle,we beat city everyone will be looking at the teams above rather than Burnley and QPR

Nobody could really have predicted that Howard, Distin and Barry would be so poor this season. They look old and error-prone and are responsible for lots of points lost.
However none of the three should have been offered long contracts. Barry and Howard in particular owe RM but they just have played poorly.

What EFC is experiencing is nothing other than a team having a bad run plus a squad needing an overhaul. A cup win against WHU and a decent effort against City, both fair possibilities, and the season is back on.

Any side that has defended like we have recently, well, for a while, is going to have its confidence shot to pieces.

And on that point, am I right in thinking that it is likely that we might only have one fit/available CH for the City game? And Robles.

What EFC is experiencing is nothing other than a team having a bad run plus a squad needing an overhaul. A cup win against WHU and a decent effort against City, both fair possibilities, and the season is back on.

I'll have some of what you're drinking please

So you're saying we need a clear out this summer?

Distin
Gibson
Hibbert
McGeady
Alcarez

Think we'd raise about £1,000,000 for transfers but effectively reduce the wage bill.

I want to put one question to the forum:

If we beat City will the ambience change on here? Will these threads be deserted and will members focus on positives?

On current form, it will be the biggest mismatch since Pramchild versus Truckasaurus Rex, so to say any sort of result would be a pleasant surprise would be an understatement. I think the results against Wests Ham and Brom will be more telling, to be honest.

You dont see a level of defending over 8 solid games that an ale house team would be howled off the local park for?

Ok.

I see a level of unprofessionalism on a sustained basis that cant be explained by tactics and positions. It can only be explained by players intentionally going through the motions.

There's no ifs or buts about it. If someone genuinely cant see what's going on in front of them now after 6 weeks of this then they're just hopeless at reading top level football.

Problem is with this scenario, how do you ever get behind the same playefs again?

By acting in this manner it is beyond disrespectful to the supporters, especially those who travel away, and displays the ultimate contempt the players have for fans, especiallymwhen they are criticised.

I think Martinez is stubborn and is trying to call the shots as manager, rightly so imho, but doesn't have the necessary bollix to see it through with a host of seasoned old pros. Injuries and budget have left him little room for manouvre in this 'dispute' to meet the problem head on, he should have bit the bullet months ago with Distin, but hevhandled it wrong by singling him out to appease some of our less than sensible supporters.
At Everton we dearly love a scapegoat

Try from the end of November and that Spurs game away.

Something has happened in that dressing room. There's no way anyone could see this run happening.

Believing there's no tanking going on here now is on a par with believing in fairies.

It's happening and it's going to happen again and again until Martinez is forced out.

It's pretty pathetic reading some of this nonsense about Martinez not knowing what he's doing after last season's performances.

I'm quite frankly embarrassed for anyone arguing that line. It's just not on.

Was there a conspiracy with Steve Bruce? His team lost how many games and a terrible slump in form. Teams can just be inconsistent and not go on a run of form, atall stop start spells to the season. But to say the players want him sacked why do they?

Our form worrys me our manager worrys me but it's fixable if that's with Roberto at the helm I don't know

The players don't want Martinez sacked! Dave, if what you're saying is true then should we all expect a marvellous performance on Tuesday?

I am as worried as the next bloke as we seem to lack leaders on the field
and the lack of confidence is clear to see, but a couple of soft penalty decisions
and a good performance overall would move us on and up. I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back