Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Should Martinez be sacked? (Post-Hull poll)

Should Martinez be sacked

• Yes

Votes: 294 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 509 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was there a conspiracy with Steve Bruce? His team lost how many games and a terrible slump in form. Teams can just be inconsistent and not go on a run of form, atall stop start spells to the season. But to say the players want him sacked why do they?

Our form worrys me our manager worrys me but it's fixable if that's with Roberto at the helm I don't know

Most Hull ity supporters will tell you that as soon as Allam dug in and threatened to sell the club there were a group of players Huddlestone, Davies, Meyler, Brady, McShane, and a few others who were going through the motions. There was a general feeling that if he sells who knows what will happen and this permeated to the players and was at times the players that were giving indications that they thought they could do better. In fact the notorious 'player power' were attempting to show Allam a thing or two and were not fighting for the cause. To his vast credit Bruce sorted them out in the whole and got them to rally around with a lot of high energy on the pitch. As witnessed against us at Goodison and yesterday.

We need a strong overhaul in the summer . I don't think kenwright will give Martinez many funds in January window so I think we may use the loans and free agents. If we can finish in the top 10 this season the by all accounts it's a decent enough session. Summer will be crucial though . Get rid of all the dead wood and replace

Hull were expected to struggle so finishing 17th is a decent season.

Everton were expected to be challenging for top 4.

Hence why Bruce and any other manager of a smaller club will be under less pressure than Martinez.

That said, we are 3 points above west brom who sacked their slightly under performing manager

I know there's expectancy were Everton and we have a better team than last season. I think it's a terrible slump were our in at the moment given the calibre of player it shoudnt happen but that's football. But to say there's a mutiny I just can't see it by reactions of players and Roberto during the season.

Most Hull ity supporters will tell you that as soon as Allam dug in and threatened to sell the club there were a group of players Huddlestone, Davies, Meyler, Brady, McShane, and a few others who were going through the motions. There was a general feeling that if he sells who knows what will happen and this permeated to the players and was at times the players that were giving indications that they thought they could do better. In fact the notorious 'player power' were attempting to show Allam a thing or two and were not fighting for the cause. To his vast credit Bruce sorted them out in the whole and got them to rally around with a lot of high energy on the pitch. As witnessed against us at Goodison and yesterday.

I don't like Steve Bruce at all but he does give me an impression of being a nasty [Poor language removed] who won't think twice about getting a player to one side and tearing shreds of them and telling them in no uncertain terms if you don't try harder you are out the club. Could you see Martinez doing that....I couldnt !!

I don't really kniw what to think anymore. No matter what we think do you really think Kenwright will sack him and have to pay the compensation, I doubt it.

I don't really kniw what to think anymore. No matter what we think do you really think Kenwright will sack him and have to pay the compensation, I doubt it.
Kenwright will not sack him thats the problem everyone knows they are on easy street.
We need someone with bollox to sort the problems and sadly kenwright is not strong enough and as we know martinez is weak so the players are doing as they please

If results don't improve Kenwright will get rid of Martinez, he will lose financially if Everton go down and he will try to
stop that. I'll cast my vote after the West. Brom. Next week, that is a game which will define whether he stays or goes.

I don't like Steve Bruce at all but he does give me an impression of being a nasty [Poor language removed] who won't think twice about getting a player to one side and tearing shreds of them and telling them in no uncertain terms if you don't try harder you are out the club. Could you see Martinez doing that....I couldnt !!

Not all mangers with the 'tearing them to shreds' attitude are always successful. Roy Keane for one. I could see Martinez pulling a player aside and saying you have to improve with that 5 yard ball you sloppily couldn't do, or you should work on your holding the ball up or you should work on your heading ability.

Would Martinez 'tear a shred off them'. He has not always been the Mr Nice guy some are painting him out to be who wouldn't have a go at the players. Martinez's Wigan could be a nasty bunch and kicked us off the park a few years back at their ground. Martinez himself when playing knew that he need to be protected by 'tough' players.

Bruce had no choice as it was a lot of players and the Hull were hurtling down. He made they face up to their responsibilities to him and the supporters. What we don't know is what is going on behind the scenes with Martinez and the players and how he approaches them and whether he is someone that yells at them or attempts to convince them.

For me what is certain is that established professional like Jags, Distin, Barry, Baines who are playing at the moment need to have a long hard look at themselves and ask are they doing everything they an for the cause. Similarly, with Howard, Ossie, Pienaar, Hiibert they should be asking what can we do and give their all for the cause.

I'd just like to point out that if you'd take a step back from your petty fume and kneejerking over four losses, Borussia Dortmund (yeah, that team that won the Bundesliga twice and reached the Champions League final two season ago, them) are still second last, in the relegation zone of the Bundesliga. They lost 2-1 to Werder Bremen last match.

It can always be worse.

I'd just like to point out that if you'd take a step back from your petty fume and kneejerking over four losses, Borussia Dortmund (yeah, that team that won the Bundesliga twice and reached the Champions League final two season ago, them) are still second last, in the relegation zone of the Bundesliga. They lost 2-1 to Werder Bremen last match.

It can always be worse.

But I couldnt care less about them mate.

But I get your point. Always darkest before dawn and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back