Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Should Martinez be sacked? (Post-Hull poll)

Should Martinez be sacked

• Yes

Votes: 294 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 509 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is with this scenario, how do you ever get behind the same playefs again?

By acting in this manner it is beyond disrespectful to the supporters, especially those who travel away, and displays the ultimate contempt the players have for fans,
especiallymwhen they are criticised.

I think Martinez is stubborn and is trying to call the shots as manager, rightly so imho, but doesn't have the necessary bollix to see it through with a host of seasoned old pros. Injuries and budget have left him little room for manouvre in this 'dispute' to meet the problem head on, he should have bit the bullet months ago with Distin, but hevhandled it wrong by singling him out to appease some of our less than sensible supporters.
At Everton we dearly love a scapegoat
Wouldn't argue with any of that...especially the bit in bold.

I dont think I could ever get behind this group of players again. What they've done and are continuing to do is so despicable it goes way beyond club politics and takes the piss out of the relationship between fan and players. With the best will in the world how could anyone get behind a team that has the likes of this lot in it? The older players who've remained deadly silent in the media or taken themselves off injured and out of the battle or played like amateurs in PL games. Never in a million years could I respect a team with the likes of Jagielka, Distin or Howard in it. I just couldn't bring myself to respect a team that includes any of them.

This situation is a complete disaster. It's brought about by players and I could never have respect for them or hope they do well again. They've pushed a manager under the bus who has had them playing the best football of their careers. Why? We may never know. This will **** me up with Everton for years to come I think. I can take the antics of Kenwright and the board because I dont see them as truly being Everton or a part of the club, they're just leaches and easily dismissed on a need to be respected level. The players though are fundamentally different. They are the standard bearers, but they've trailed that standard through the mud in an effort to unseat a great new manager for their own selfish ends.

I don't like Steve Bruce at all but he does give me an impression of being a nasty [Poor language removed] who won't think twice about getting a player to one side and tearing shreds of them and telling them in no uncertain terms if you don't try harder you are out the club. Could you see Martinez doing that....I couldnt !!
Actually the more we loose the more I can see him doing that by seeing how angry he's getting on the touch line.

I'm just a bit concerned that last season was "well done martinez" and this season is "those dastardly players letting him down"

It's either equal measure or sole blame, surely?

Personally, I credit him with last season and blame him for this one

It's a mixture though mate.

He was great last year. As we're a lot of the players.

He's not great this year. Same with a lot of the players.

You can't pick on one but not the other for me.

I'm just a bit concerned that last season was "well done martinez" and this season is "those dastardly players letting him down"

The players got a fair share of the plaudits too. It's not an equal-opportunities blame game, I've been plenty critical of Martinez's team selections over the last couple of weeks but the players need to be called out on the things they're not doing aswell.

I dont think I could ever get behind this group of players again. What they've done and are continuing to do is so despicable it goes way beyond club politics and takes the piss out of the relationship between fan and players. With the best will in the world how could anyone get behind a team that has the likes of this lot in it? The older players who've remained deadly silent in the media or taken themselves off injured and out of the battle or played like amateurs in PL games. Never in a million years could I respect a team with the likes of Jagielka, Distin or Howard in it. I just couldn't bring myself to respect a team that includes any of them.

This situation is a complete disaster. It's brought about by players and I could never have respect for them or hope they do well again. They've pushed a manager under the bus who has had them playing the best football of their careers. Why? We may never know. This will **** me up with Everton for years to come I think. I can take the antics of Kenwright and the board because I dont see them as truly being Everton or a part of the club, they're just leaches and easily dismissed on a need to be respected level. The players though are fundamentally different. They are the standard bearers, but they've trailed that standard through the mud in an effort to unseat a great new manager for their own selfish ends.

WTF are you on about?

Jagielka and Howard took themselves off injured to throw the manager under the bus??

Give yourself a [Poor language removed] shake!!

Thats a very black and white view to have though.

Last season those players did everything he asked, this season you can see they're clearly not.

I get what you mean and he has to take some of the blame, and the players take some of the credit for last season too. But i don't think it's as simple as it's his fault or his achievement.

The players have shown in their attitude they don't want it. What can you do? Even young lads like Barkley have several times lost the ball and shown no fight to get it back, they just walk away. It's gutting to see and i honestly feel like i'm going to end up doing a Nyarko and storming on the pitch soon...how much is a fine btw? Haha

I suspect you're right about Distin but I looked Jagielka in the eye when he came over to us at the end of the game and he was gutted. He might be out of form, but I don't think he's a dishonest player.

I dont think it's too difficult to see.

Players crying off injured; players being insubordinate in the media; players showing a lack of respect to the manager in their books; players going walkabout on the pitch giving a grisly impression of defending and not being arsed about it.

You'd have to be a bit daft not to see all this.

I'll take the compliment with a pint of Guinness.

At Newcastle, Distin and Barry and yesterday Jags and Barry I didn't like what I saw and tried to think back to times under Smith and Walker when the players were going through the motions. But got a headache.

This though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back