Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Should Martinez be sacked? (Post-Hull poll)

Should Martinez be sacked

• Yes

Votes: 294 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 509 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He couldn't lie straight in bed mate. They dont give a toss. None of them. Look at that video there in the link above: he's so evasive he cant even look his interviewer in the eye. They know what 's taking place. And he's the club captain watching it all unfold and offering no leadership whatsoever.

Martinez should have taken a massive broom to these characters at the end of last season. He's left them in there to brew up trouble for him and will eventually be unseated by them.
Why do you think it has happened this season not last season mate?

I thought we would get something like this. In all honesty it's similar to what Moyes experienced at Manchester United, with the likes of Ferdinand trolling him in meetings going "what have you ever won". While I understand Moyes's misgivings (and dubious behaviour) it's a very unpleasant way to behave towards an incoming manager. I can only hope we haven't got a similar situation.

I digress. I thought we would have this last season. Players kick up a fuss, poor season, players moved on, new ones bought in and move forward positively. I wonder why they did so well last season and not this. That's what confuses me. Why toss Martinez under the bus this season?

I left the game at half time yesterday because I knew the players wouldn't have the mentalities to work their way back into it. Look at Leicester coming back from 2 down, Burnley showing fight, Spurs showing fight. Makes us look like a team of gutless [Poor language removed].

And that's what Everton have driven you to mate, leaving at ht because you know there will be no fight from the players. I've never left a game but you know what, I think yesterday I would have come bloody close to it and I'm surprised there was still some fans left at the end after that spineless performance. Gutless, pathetic, embarrassing and disgraceful. Words to describe them all at the moment. The word pride should be tattooed on there thick heads so they have a reminder every waking moment of every day of what is expected when you play for Everton.

O'Keeffe tweeting and questioning why Garbutt had been left out just before the game yesterday was a disgrace. You know a manager has the skids under him when a no talent hack like that dares to come out from behind the couch to have a go at him.

oh come on - when Moyes and the club weren't being criticised in difficult times that was a sure sign the Echo were being told the party line.

Greg O'K may be negative but he is a Blue

Why do you think it has happened this season not last season mate?

I thought we would get something like this. In all honesty it's similar to what Moyes experienced at Manchester United, with the likes of Ferdinand trolling him in meetings going "what have you ever won". While I understand Moyes's misgivings (and dubious behaviour) it's a very unpleasant way to behave towards an incoming manager. I can only hope we haven't got a similar situation.

I digress. I thought we would have this last season. Players kick up a fuss, poor season, players moved on, new ones bought in and move forward positively. I wonder why they did so well last season and not this. That's what confuses me. Why toss Martinez under the bus this season?
I'd have anticipated this more last season, yeah. I was amazed they took to the system so quickly. Maybe the system isn't the problem now, who knows for sure other than the people concerned. But the authority of the manager is definitely being questioned and that's transmitted to the field of play.

I think we can debate about why it's happening; what isn't really open for debate now is that it is happening.

oh come on - when Moyes and the club weren't being criticised in difficult times that was a sure sign the Echo were being told the party line.

Greg O'K may be negative but he is a Blue
The moment they start reporting on the ownership issue is the moment they'd get a scrap of respect.

This is all they nerve they can muster though: jumping on a bandwagon and adding to the pressure on an underfire manager.

You wont get that change mate, you wont get it and you know why: the players have packed in. They packed in weeks ago; downed tools and are going through the motions until they get their way and the manager is sacked. It's as simple as that.

There's some nonsense being talked about the manager not being able to do the job; this feller had those same players playing the best football we've seen for 15 years or so last season. Wonderful football to watch. And we got a record number of points to show for it.

This has absolutely **** all to do with what the manager can and cant do; it's about what the players are prepared to do. The answer to that right now is that they are prepared to rollover and see a new manager brought in that they want.

Why would the players down tools though mate, after last season when it all worked so well. I'm genuinely confused by this and it seems to be getting more voices behind it on here.

He couldn't lie straight in bed mate. They dont give a toss. None of them. Look at that video there in the link above: he's so evasive he cant even look his interviewer in the eye. They know what 's taking place. And he's the club captain watching it all unfold and offering no leadership whatsoever.

Martinez should have taken a massive broom to these characters at the end of last season. He's left them in there to brew up trouble for him and will eventually be unseated by them.

The way Martinez wants to play has shown up the limitations of some players that were comfortable under Moyes, Jags, Distin and Howard. Get rid and don't attempt to play it out from the back. Get played even when playing poorly and this resulted in the youngster not being given a go. When Martinez is giving them a go and they don't like it.

There was a lot of finger pointing and players having a go at each other yesterday because of misplaced passes and/or lack of movement. Hope this continues into Finch Farm and they have a right dust up with each other.

What I can't work out is Barry's attitude. Martinez gave him a new lease of life. Is he peed off with the players around him and/or is it because he is being asked to do things to compensate for those player around him. And he can't do it. At Newcastle midway through the second half he just hoofed it down to no-one and did it a few times.

Has bringing in the likes of Eto'o upset the established order of things? Has playing Alcaraz ahead of Distin pushed his nose out of joint? Has playing Kone ahead of Lukaku upset him? Is Mirallas a bit cheesed off? In other words are there a few different groups of players that are not working together?

There was an odd thing yesterday when Lukaku looked over to Martinez standing on the touchline and seemed to be wanting some advice and Martinez didn't respond but one of the coach got up and indicated to him to go wide right.

If everything is not right in the camp. Martinez should isolate them and kick they into the long grass. And say thanks but here's you P45 now p*ss off.

Everything went right last season. Signings, subs, loans and what he said. This season a lot has gone wrong. Players that should have kicked on like Barkley, Lukaku, Coleman and Stones haven't done it or been injury prone and players we could rely on like Howard, Distin and Barry have been poor or just looked past their sell by date.

There's changes to be made, he needs to change himself a bit too and stick to a settled side, but it'd be daft to knee jerk into getting rid of a manager just because of half a poor season.

We're still in two cups with a realistic chance of winning one and we've got a transfer window just opened to make some changes. We've been in far worse positions with rusty nuts and we never got rid of him.

Thats a very black and white view to have though.

Last season those players did everything he asked, this season you can see they're clearly not.

I get what you mean and he has to take some of the blame, and the players take some of the credit for last season too. But i don't think it's as simple as it's his fault or his achievement.

The players have shown in their attitude they don't want it. What can you do? Even young lads like Barkley have several times lost the ball and shown no fight to get it back, they just walk away. It's gutting to see and i honestly feel like i'm going to end up doing a Nyarko and storming on the pitch soon...how much is a fine btw? Haha
i think they make you watch the next game

I'd have anticipated this more last season, yeah. I was amazed they took to the system so quickly. Maybe the system isn't the problem now, who knows for sure other than the people concerned. But the authority of the manager is definitely being questioned and that's transmitted to the field of play.

I think we can debate about why it's happening; what isn't really open for debate now is that it is happening.
Well something is certainly up.

This is going to sound very controversial but I think we could do a lot worse than looking across the park at Liverpool on this. Rodgers was coming under pressure and given that Gerrard is now retiring I can imagine that was causing a lot of the bad blood and animosity.

Liverpool a bit like ourselves were faced with having a manager that has a particular way of wanting to play. Gerrard now no longer has the attributes to do this. When he was being left out he kicked up a fuss (much like he did with Benitez and Hodgson, particularly when Benitez made him play right wing to accommodate Alonso and Mascherano). They haven't buckled though, have supported their manager and moved said star player along.

Like Rodgers Martinez has shown his "philosophy" can be successful. If players don't fit within that then they can and should move on. I don't think much of Rodgers but he has shown a rare bit of backbone in discarding Gerrard in the summer and will benefit from that. I think Martinez has that in spates but will need the support of the upper echolons in this.

When they appointed him they must have known he would make changes, and on appointing him they should be prepared to support him in doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back