Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Should Martinez be sacked? (Post-Hull poll)

Should Martinez be sacked

• Yes

Votes: 294 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 509 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny thing is Jagielka, Dustbin, Howard and Osman are being named as the main offenders in the Dressing Room Mutiny.

NONE of them where on that pitch yesterday. Bobbys Bum boys Barry and Naismith where who stunk the place out, alongside loyal Alcaraz, Kone and Robles.

If anyone's to blame it's Martinez for having 3 players from a relegated side in a top 6 team ffs! Add to the inbalanced team selections, martinez playing his favourites and the constant chopping and changing of the side to accomodate certain players,

I personally think the new floodlights are all part of this plan as well; the Plotters have requested the repositioning of said lights to ensure our players blinded during night games while providing the opposition with secretive contact lenses which enhance their vision.

We've also put in 100 watt bulbs instead on the dimmer 30 watt.

*shakes fist
Damn you plotters, damn you to hell

I think the fundamental problem is that there's nothing in midfield to stop attacks coming in. You cna have the best dfeence in the world - if you have the opposition running onto you you're going to concede. Barry has turned to stone, and you can see that his main concern on the pitch is not getting caught out of position. Unfortunately that means he offers gently caressing all. Barkley is ponderous on the ball - every time he gets it you can see him looking for a wonder pass when he be better off just moving it a bit more quickly....

I'd go Besic and McCarthy and see if that stops the rot.

We would NEVER get a manager like Hughes in. He is boring, old fashioned and the fans wouldn't take to him (Irwine at WBA).
We'd probably go with somebody more like Guy Poyet, he knows how to motivate his teams and can make them hard to beat.
Btw - Not saying I want Roberto to go.

That's fair enough. Being Welsh I'm probably biased given I remember his reign as Wales manager which was pretty exciting. Anyway, I think the motivation is the key part. And I agree with you, I don't want Roberto to be a failure, I'd love for it to work for him. I get cold feet pretty quickly I guess though! :p

You lot haven't blamed the new badge yet
The new badge should be binned as it references NSNO and that clearly is not the case at Everton, it should read 'just eek along with a media friendly manager' or the Latin equivalent

Funny thing is Jagielka, Dustbin, Howard and Osman are being named as the main offenders in the Dressing Room Mutiny.

NONE of them where on that pitch yesterday. Bobbys Bum boys Barry and Naismith where who stunk the place out, alongside loyal Alcaraz, Kone and Robles.

If anyone's to blame it's Martinez for having 3 players from a relegated side in a top 6 team ffs! Add to the inbalanced team selections, martinez playing his favourites and the constant chopping and changing of the side to accomodate certain players,

Shhhhh that doesn't fit in with there crap reasoning behind our slump

Fact is we ended up with Baines and Naismith in midfield yesterday and Barry played the 90 mins even though he stank the place out , his team selections and tactics remind me of a kid playing FM

You lot haven't blamed the new badge yet

Or the Umbro-effect, haha.

Seriously though, something has to change, some kind of shake-up is needed.

The (lack of) defending can't go on, it's getting worse every game. We are hapless at the back, clueless in midfield and aimless up front.

Last edited:
Shhhhh that doesn't fit in with there crap reasoning behind our slump

Fact is we ended up with Baines and Naismith in midfield yesterday and Barry played the 90 mins even though he stank the place out , his team selections and tactics remind me of a kid playing FM

Yep Martinez is just as much at fault for this as the players.

Some of his signings have been the worst players this season as bad as "the old guard"

My take on is it the players carried on where Moyes left off last season - they essentially managed themselves to 5th. Moyes did state that he said to the players on many occasions that they were good enough to coach themselves and that's basically what they did.

This season Martinez has disrupted that ability for the players to get the best out of themselves - chaotic tactics, bizarre positional requirements and demoralising them by openly questioning the players ability to the press with his 'I'll never change my style' rants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back