Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Should Martinez be sacked? (Post-Hull poll)

Should Martinez be sacked

• Yes

Votes: 294 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 509 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't argue with any of that...especially the bit in bold.

I dont think I could ever get behind this group of players again. What they've done and are continuing to do is so despicable it goes way beyond club politics and takes the piss out of the relationship between fan and players. With the best will in the world how could anyone get behind a team that has the likes of this lot in it? The older players who've remained deadly silent in the media or taken themselves off injured and out of the battle or played like amateurs in PL games. Never in a million years could I respect a team with the likes of Jagielka, Distin or Howard in it. I just couldn't bring myself to respect a team that includes any of them.

This situation is a complete disaster. It's brought about by players and I could never have respect for them or hope they do well again. They've pushed a manager under the bus who has had them playing the best football of their careers. Why? We may never know. This will **** me up with Everton for years to come I think. I can take the antics of Kenwright and the board because I dont see them as truly being Everton or a part of the club, they're just leaches and easily dismissed on a need to be respected level. The players though are fundamentally different. They are the standard bearers, but they've trailed that standard through the mud in an effort to unseat a great new manager for their own selfish ends.
This though

Rumour on twitter that the other day at training Distin turned up late while Roberto was going through tactics in Finch Farm. Distin apologised to his team mates but said nothing to the coaching team. Worst of all though, he took his trackie top off and had a t-shirt saying " Team Moyes " on it.

Osman, Hibbert got up and stood on the tables singing " He's got red hair and we don't care " while Howard waved his crutches in the air shouting " That's phenomenal"

We need these bad eggs out of our club.

More from Twitter. While the singing the Moyes song was going on club captain Jags just sat in silence and never got involved. Garbutt is rumoured to have thrown an egg at Roberto, and Robles shouted " I've got it boss " he dropped to his knees and raised his hands up in the air like the front cover of the movie " Platoon"

The egg flew between his hands and hit Roberto in the face. Evil Dr Donachie had returned to pick up his belongings and saw the commotion and ran in with a bag of flour and poured it over Roberto's head.

I dont think I could ever get behind this group of players again. What they've done and are continuing to do is so despicable it goes way beyond club politics and takes the piss out of the relationship between fan and players. With the best will in the world how could anyone get behind a team that has the likes of this lot in it? The older players who've remained deadly silent in the media or taken themselves off injured and out of the battle or played like amateurs in PL games. Never in a million years could I respect a team with the likes of Jagielka, Distin or Howard in it. I just couldn't bring myself to respect a team that includes any of them.

This situation is a complete disaster. It's brought about by players and I could never have respect for them or hope they do well again. They've pushed a manager under the bus who has had them playing the best football of their careers. Why? We may never know. This will **** me up with Everton for years to come I think. I can take the antics of Kenwright and the board because I dont see them as truly being Everton or a part of the club, they're just leaches and easily dismissed on a need to be respected level. The players though are fundamentally different. They are the standard bearers, but they've trailed that standard through the mud in an effort to unseat a great new manager for their own selfish ends.
In all fairness jags has been decent recently, he was genuinely gutted yesterday, as it wasn't him that let us down

Good post. Hull was my last away game this season, can't put myself through it anymore.

I suspect you're right about Distin but I looked Jagielka in the eye when he came over to us at the end of the game and he was gutted. He might be out of form, but I don't think he's a dishonest player.
He couldn't lie straight in bed mate. They dont give a toss. None of them. Look at that video there in the link above: he's so evasive he cant even look his interviewer in the eye. They know what 's taking place. And he's the club captain watching it all unfold and offering no leadership whatsoever.

Martinez should have taken a massive broom to these characters at the end of last season. He's left them in there to brew up trouble for him and will eventually be unseated by them.

It'd hurt a lot less if you could tell that the players actually cared.

Instead, we've lost each game before a ball is even kicked.

Stand up and be counted, COYB.

I left the game at half time yesterday because I knew the players wouldn't have the mentalities to work their way back into it. Look at Leicester coming back from 2 down, Burnley showing fight, Spurs showing fight. Makes us look like a team of gutless [Poor language removed].

In all fairness jags has been decent recently, he was genuinely gutted yesterday, as it wasn't him that let us down

It was terrible defence from Barry and Alcaraz combined with no thrust up front from Barkley, Naismith, Kone and Lukaku that let us down. But they're mostly players Martinez bought in so don't fit dave's agenda so he won't mention them as players who have backstabbed us.

Just the Echo scaremongering.

However, crisis will hit after the City game I predict.

Then the West Brom game will be huge. Lose and poo hits the fan.

#Oracula
O'Keeffe tweeting and questioning why Garbutt had been left out just before the game yesterday was a disgrace. You know a manager has the skids under him when a no talent hack like that dares to come out from behind the couch to have a go at him.

O'Keeffe tweeting and questioning why Garbutt had been left out just before the game yesterday was a disgrace. You know a manager has the skids under him when a no talent hack like that dares to come out from behind the couch to have a go at him.
lol

hes allowed to be critical

Last edited:
tin_foil_hat.gif

Hahaha. Come on, Dave. A lot of people here were questioning his omission from the squad, and justifiably so. The man has a right to his opinion.

lol

hes allowed to be critical
They are consistently uncritical, so when one of them speaks out you know they smell blood in the water. That's how local hacks work. If a manager was in control they wouldn't dare cross swords. McNulty did with Royle in the past and he was dead to Royle from that moment on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back