Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Should Martinez be sacked? (Post-Hull poll)

Should Martinez be sacked

• Yes

Votes: 294 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 509 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
True...just a wild speculation..
Im pretending to know something here you know...x[/QUOTED]

Of course ;).

I´m trying to work what´s happened since last year. For the defence it´s fairly straight forward...for one thing our defenders are all a year older which for 80% of them is a bad thing, and also a decade of Moyes´s defensive drills were still fresh in memory. From what I´ve heard Martinez doesn´t really do defensive in training.

What´s really strange, imho, is the total collapse of our attacking play. Our forward play is pedestrian and predictable while it was anything but last term.

True...just a wild speculation..
Im pretending to know something here you know...x

Of course ;).

I´m trying to work what´s happened since last year. For the defence it´s fairly straight forward...for one thing our defenders are all a year older which for 80% of them is a bad thing, and also a decade of Moyes´s defensive drills were still fresh in memory. From what I´ve heard Martinez doesn´t really do defensive in training.

What´s really strange, imho, is the total collapse of our attacking play. Our forward play is pedestrian and predictable while it was anything but last term.

Hmmmm, letting more "good pros" off the hook there, I think.
Defensive drills prior to each game,that's the whole team and not just the back four

It's obvious that this does not happen currently

West Ham are going to launch the ball into the box on Tuesday,make sure they don't get down the line to cross etc....it's simple coaching and seems to be lost on Roberto at the moment as our philosophy seems to allow the ball to come in and zonal marking will take care of it

Stop crosses,stop goals conceded,move quickly upfield and catch your opponent out and score some goals,win games

Of course ;).

If that defence thing is right it clearly means his methods are very "barcan"

He needs time. Time to build team that stfu and listens what he wants...and players who can handle it...risky but if he pulls it, it will be rewarding i believe....
If we dont see january signings i might start to doubt whole thingy

You can have him when the iron turnip fails to get you in the champs league and he gets the Moyes treatment

Well he's doing a pretty good job at keeping us in 3rd place so far so I think we'll be sticking with the Iron Turnip for a few years mate :)

But back to Everton, is Dyche really that bad an appointment? Where are you going as a club, what are the targets? Because Kenwright hired a manager who had just relegated Wigan Athletic - why is a manager who is currently doing very well considering his resources, be such an outlandish idea for Everton manager?

Without having to resort to childish "Yeah but ManU are crap lol" posts, can you give me your reasoning?

Well he's doing a pretty good job at keeping us in 3rd place so far so I think we'll be sticking with the Iron Turnip for a few years mate :)

But back to Everton, is Dyche really that bad an appointment? Where are you going as a club, what are the targets? Because Kenwright hired a manager who had just relegated Wigan Athletic - why is a manager who is currently doing very well considering his resources, be such an outlandish idea for Everton manager?

Without having to resort to childish "Yeah but ManU are crap lol" posts, can you give me your reasoning?
To answer your question regarding Dyche as an appointment let me ask you this,would you take him? My answer is the same as yours would be I suspect

My reasons are come the end of the season this fella WILL have a relegation on his cv,he's suited to the likes of Burnley and good luck to him but we've been down that road before (Mike Walker) and that was to put it mildly abysmal

From the players perspective they just need to show some fight for the shirt.

Cast your minds back to that horror start we had in 05/06, think we'd gone something like 8 games without a win and were coming up against Chelsea who were one game away from breaking the record for most consecutive wins at the start of a season. We scrapped for everything that day and ended up getting a point, the fans were on board from the first whistle because the players showed the passion required to play for this club.

Martinez needs to do whatever it takes to string some results together. It's desperate for him now. Under Moyes we went through these bad patches but deep down we all knew we'd come out okay because of the resilience him and the squad had shown in the past. If Martinez can get through this then I'm sure he'll be our manager for years to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back