Sick at Parties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without a doubt the worst hangover I've had was on a camping holiday in the lakes and spending all day and night drinking vodka and orange.

We were bladdered by dinner time and were refused entry to the only club in town we could find. I tried to charm the bouncers, then bribe them and then to discuss it with them calmly in the street.

I can't actually remember any of this but i do remember i was trying to kindle a holiday romance with a beautiful brunette I'd met earlier that day who was in there which would explain my desperation to be admitted to what looking back was a rather modest social club with a disco ball.

Anyway we found somewhere else, kept drinking, went back, bouncers let us in straight away in a bizarre act of negligence for there role and the vodka and orange continued to flow.

Don't know how we got back to the tent but i remember being unbelievably thirsty and wandering around a field looking for a tap. Eventually gave up and hydrated with more vodka and orange.

Next thing i opened my eyes to find id slept with the upper half of my body sticking out the tent door and as i looked up i saw the huge genitalia of a donkey hanging over me as the animal brayed and chewed our tent.

I slowly slid back into the tent and then immediately slid out to vomit on the donkey's leg.

The next few hours are a blur but i remember we disgraced a tea house as we took turns to go into the utterly unsoundproofed toilet to vomit at high volume as the tables of pensioners politely ignored us and sipped their tea.

Didn't have another vodka and orange for about a year. Love them again now though, utterly delicious.

I feel that Pernod is going to be a clear winner.

Haven’t touched it since a New Years party in my teens. The smell of it still turns my stomach.

Also add Absinthe, after a night in the Bar Cava in Wood St.

Caffreys Red is on the list too, after a happy hour in the Lord Nelson at the back of Lime St.
There's already three cases of this, so I suspect you're right. Well there's four now as the thought of 'Pernod and Black' is turning my stomach as I type.

I have vague memories of waking up on my friend's floor one Christmas morning, while lying in my own puke, as his mother kicked me and yelled obscenities.

My mother tore me a new one after I'd bounced home as I had to sleep all Christmas day because I was that rough from all the red wine and then the Pernod.

Raki (or Ooze) is another one that I can't touch after a friend of mine drank a bottle and spewed like an elephant; I genuinely thought he was going to die.

In terms of Bar CaVa, I once completed the dirty thirty with a friend one Saturday afternoon and ended up hanging over the back steps spewing my guts up.

There's already three cases of this, so I suspect you're right. Well there's four now as the thought of 'Pernod and Black' is turning my stomach as I type.

I have vague memories of waking up on my friend's floor one Christmas morning, while lying in my own puke, as his mother kicked me and yelled obscenities.

My mother tore me a new one after I'd bounced home as I had to sleep all Christmas day because I was that rough from all the red wine and then the Pernod.

Raki (or Ooze) is another one that I can't touch after a friend of mine drank a bottle and spewed like an elephant; I genuinely thought he was going to die.

In terms of Bar CaVa, I once completed the dirty thirty with a friend one Saturday afternoon and ended up hanging over the back steps spewing my guts up.

You only ever did the Red Erik challenge in the Dispensary once too !

Pernod. I spewed cod chunks out my nose when I was 15 after drinking a quarter bottle, 2 cans of Stella and then going the chippy.

During the craze for Vodka red bull when it first came out i used to bring my own version to parties comprised of bottles of pernod stashed at the back of the cupboard from a series of Christmases were it was always bought and then everyone then remembered they'd always hated it and bottles of lucozade courtesy of my sister's diabetes.

Pernod and lucozade.

For the sophisticated teenage lush.

You only ever did the Red Erik challenge in the Dispensary once too !
Asking my missus to ring me a taxi to get home after drinking six pints of the stuff is my lasting memory of it. I was on our living room floor at the time.

Aussie whites for me.

Thankfully that drink is out of fashion
We always have a few after the closest match before Christmas.

Aussie whites for me.

Thankfully that drink is out of fashion
Not in this house!

But its whiskey for me, spent a night at my mates house and his now Father in law made us all kinds of drinks, mainly whiskey based.

I had to walk home about a half a mile, my mate said I threw up with every step I took, I don't remember a thing, but even now the smell of whiskey makes me vomit.

What alcohol drink do you now avoid like the plague after remembering the time you vomited like Vesuvius after a party many moons' ago ?

For me, Sangria. The poor toilet would have definitely needed counselling after my projectile vomiting effort. I've never felt so ill and now avoid it like the plague, with its disgusting smell and taste.
Sangria as well, first and last time I had itt, 1982 my first holiday abroad on Majorca, an all day session on the stuff, ended up bouncing against everyone's door trying to walk along the corridor back to my room, had a head like there was no tomorrow, still makes me I'll thinking about it.

Asking my missus to ring me a taxi to get home after drinking six pints of the stuff is my lasting memory of it. I was on our living room floor at the time.

I take my hat off to you, I folded at 5 and my legendary drinking mate folded at 9, holding the record for a few weeks, until one Friday afternoon scaffolder working in Renshaw St smashed it with 12/13.

He was off work sick for the rest of the week though !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back