Sick at Parties

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve had my fair share of biting off more than I can chew drinks wise, but the worst wasn’t even when I was at a party, but instead it was the first time my parents were away when I was 18 and home alone. From there I got carried with several shots of vodka mixed in with some other drinks. The next thing I knew, I woke up the day after to discover there were pools of sick going from my bed down to just outside the door. I don’t think I’ve touched a drop of vodka since

I hate anything aniseed, to the point if I had a shot of Pernod sober, I suspect I’d spew anyway. So by the time I’m pissed enough to think hitting bottles of that, or Absinthe etc , it’s absolutely nailed one the khazi is going to get a hammering (if the host is lucky, more often than not it’s carpets, walls and furniture that gets it)
Hasn’t stopped me doing though :pint2:
After lockdown when I have the big party, it is open invite to all....but you!

I’ve had my fair share of biting off more than I can chew drinks wise, but the worst wasn’t even when I was at a party, but instead it was the first time my parents were away when I was 18 and home alone. From there I got carried with several shots of vodka mixed in with some other drinks. The next thing I knew, I woke up the day after to discover there were pools of sick going from my bed down to just outside the door. I don’t think I’ve touched a drop of vodka since
Me and my mates decided to hammer the sherry because it was cheap. That is 46 years ago, The smell of it still makes me want to throw up.

....Saturday night after playing footy was always a session. I was engaged to Mrs Eggs for an age but never saw her on Saturdays. The old blokes introduced me to Aussie Whites in the ‘70s when it was thick as syrup and your fingers stuck to the glass. It was much more potent than it is today.

One Saturday around tea time one of the older blokes got talking about port. Thinking it was like Sherry, I had a good session on it & I was ill that night. Didn’t put me off, though, when my daughter comes on holiday with us we often have a few to finish the night off.

You could have hydrated with just the orange juice you utter pig.

I've always blamed the orange for the hangover. I think utter dehydration combined with the massive amount of natural sugars in the fruit juice combined for a perfect storm in my system.

Plus we were almost certainly drinking a quality of vodka that a hobo would refuse in favour of drinking his own urine out of an old boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back