Sick at Parties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not seen Special Brew for a while.

It went dead expensive due to alcohol content i think.
I’ve been doing some important research and it appears to be still available.

From the Carlsberg website:

Did Sir Winston Churchill consider Carlsberg Special Brew the best beer in the world? Probably. It was created in his honour, when he visited our brewery in 1950. Which is why, behind the full-bodied malty flavour, you may detect a hint of cognac - the famous leader’s favourite after-dinner digestive.

lol

The only after dinner digestive you’d taste after drinking this would be regurgitated carrots.

Tequila.

Got the 1000 yard stare and flashbacks just thinking about it.

Best part of 30 years later.

One of my favourite drinks, gives you a lovely little pick me up through the night like an inebriating espresso.

Obviously with lime and salt because it tastes like petrol but i just throw it back and enjoy sucking on the lime wedge.

Ive tried a couple of expensive tequilas and tried sipping them but its not for me. I'll always see tequila as the simple drink that improves your pool game right up to the point you wake up in an unknown location with no shoes.

It's whiskey for me after going bar to bar through Las Americas in Tenerife and getting a free shot going in to every bar then buying shots once we were in there. Ended up so drunk I had a panic attack and admitted to hospital to have my stomach pumped.
Never touched whiskey since.

White rum since my teens.

When my parents went shopping on a Friday I used to raid the drinks press, before heading out to my mates.

One evening I got too ambitious. Knowing I didn't have any money for cans later on with the lads, I decided I'd just drink enough to keep me going for the entire night. That's how it works right?

I was so drunk I barely got across the road. Ended up falling over and ripping my jeans before packing it in and going back home. It didn't get much better from there.

What alcohol drink do you now avoid like the plague after remembering the time you vomited like Vesuvius after a party many moons' ago ?

For me, Sangria. The poor toilet would have definitely needed counselling after my projectile vomiting effort. I've never felt so ill and now avoid it like the plague, with its disgusting smell and taste.
Not so much a party, more a friday night piss up...I was 17.
There used to be(maybe still is) a pub on the corner Lower Breck Rd and Rocky Lane...may have been called the Lord Birkenhead??
We sat there one night and I poured Threlfalls Bitter down my neck all night.
Made it back to Belmont Rd, before I spewed the lot.
Finally made it home, was bad for 3 days, couldn't even face a drink for a week.
Never drunk Bitter for 20yrs or more...thank God for brown mild and later lager.
It became a 'Thing'...don't let degsy on the bitter, or else there'll be spew everywhere

The working men's clubs in County Durham used to serve LCL lager made by Federation Brewery in Gateshead. That was brutal, up there with Tennants and special Brew. Was never sick on it though. Don't think you can get it now. The brewery sold out to Scottish and Newcastle breweries and I think they discontinued it.

White Russians were my downfall. I remember drinking an absolute skinful of the stuff at a party, the night before I had to do a presentation for a customer.

Vommed all night!

Next day I must have drunk 8 big jugs of water and never went the bog for a piss all day!

Killer headache...never again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back