Sick at Parties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worst hangovers I've had have been wine related, white specifically. The smell still turns me sometimes.

Went right off JD for a while as well as I linked the smell to several hangovers in my 20s.

I've always been alright with Vodka.

The working men's clubs in County Durham used to serve LCL lager made by Federation Brewery in Gateshead. That was brutal, up there with Tennants and special Brew. Was never sick on it though. Don't think you can get it now. The brewery sold out to Scottish and Newcastle breweries and I think they discontinued it.
Lose control lager we used to call that. For the more Sophisticated bum. Used to love the stuff

Buckfast is great stuff. We used to sneak a bottle into boozers and swig it through the night. Often made you particularly lively mind you. Not to be drunk if you’re wearing nice clothes.

As teenagers, we used to drink something similar, it was called Clan Dew and was described as a “ delicate blend of fortified wine and whisky “ !!

Sold at 1.99 a bottle and would do the job for two of you.

Oh, and I'm totally banned from more than3 or 4 pints of Newcastle Brown.
I'm sometimes a happy drunk, or a sleepy drunk or sometimes a loud drunk.
But anymore than 4 pints of Newcy and...according to others, I'm a very nasty drunk
One of the many apocryphal tales of the 1970s was "they've got a ward at Newcastle Infirmary just for Newcastle Brown drinkers". Everyone would nod sagely.
Personally I never found it very strong but a pleasant brown ale. I don't like it chilled though. Tasteless. Ale should be tepid for me.

One of the many apocryphal tales of the 1970s was "they've got a ward at Newcastle Infirmary just for Newcastle Brown drinkers". Everyone would nod sagely.
Personally I never found it very strong but a pleasant brown ale. I don't like it chilled though. Tasteless. Ale should be tepid for me.
Gives the worst hangover known to man that stuff. Just a couple of bottles on a night out, will floor you the next day. Hardly know any geordies who drink it to be honest. Popular in the states for some reason

Scrumpy Jack with a Special Brew.

The smell of it told you all you needed to know.
When I started work for Club 18-30 many years ago in Corfu.I had to share a room on the training course with this lad from Glasgow.We went out and were given the local brew, and were all over the place.We got back to the room and he filled the kettle up with water and poured a beef and tomato pot noodle in to it cos he CBA waiting after the kettle had boiled. lol lol

When I started work for Club 18-30 many years ago in Corfu.I had to share a room on the training course with this lad from Glasgow.We went out and were given the local brew, and were all over the place.We got back to the room and he filled the kettle up with water and poured a beef and tomato pot noodle in to it cos he CBA waiting after the kettle had boiled. lol lol
The idea of a training course to be a rep for an 18-30 holiday fills be with terror tbh. Did you have to do a PowerPoint on teabagging?

The idea of a training course to be a rep for an 18-30 holiday fills be with terror tbh. Did you have to do a PowerPoint on teabagging?
lol TBF they were the most Professional and well run companies within the group (ILG which became eventually Thomas Cook) My manager went on to be CEO of National Express and so many other ex reps are right up there in the tourist industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back