Sick at Parties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday nights were boozing nights,proper necking stuff.
Anyway meet on breck road and for 2 hours solid knocking back.
Then to the chippy /Chinese or both.
Being legless throw the food down.
Home ,room going round in circles ,up and down everywhere.
Eventually nod off.
Wake up dreaming of drinking orange juice which I ran down the stairs and drank,by the time I got back up the stairs, I was puking non stop.To the point of just bile(sorry for being so graphic).
But being young sorted by midday and out for the football.

In the late 70s, early 80s, there was a Tetley Walker strike. I was contracting on factory maintenance working on machines that melted (v. simple none tech terms) aluminium.
They shut down 6.00am Sat. Morning, we had to do the job start 6.00am Sunday to finish, so we had to work on it when it was still hot, Sauna hot+ as it took 3 days to cool right down.
We finished ontime for 1.00pm Sunday and switched it all back on to heat up for 6.00am Mon morning start, gasping for liquid, aka, beer.
I was working with a couple of locals and they said followed them to their local...what about the strike, not a problem, the landlords been up to Newcastle and brought some barrels back.
Samson Ale, iirc,
Nectar.
We had 3 in 15 odd mins and took our time on the next 3, 40 mins at least before they threw us out at ten past two on the dot...the standard, havent you got homes to go to, me dinners going cold.
Samson is still around. Made in the Cameron brewery in Hartlepool. A well kept cask is actually a nice drop.

Samson is still around. Made in the Cameron brewery in Hartlepool. A well kept cask is actually a nice drop.
Yep it was smooth...I just remembered the Pub, it was The West Bank, not far from the shadow of the old transporters
Edit; or was it called The Snig?

Last edited:

The locals call it The Dog. I've no idea why. I worked with a bloke who was known to all as Dogsy because of his love of it.
The local story is that loads of men used to “walk the dog” whilst nipping in to the local for a swift one whilst women were putting the kids to bed.

I would occasionally drink dogbite (brown ale and cider) if the lager in a pub was known to be watered down. Forty years ago brown ale was one of the few bottled beers you would get in a pub.

Finnish vodka, a bottle of Chardonnay, and a supper from the local Chinese.

Death would have been preferable.
Chardonnay is absolutely disgusting stuff.

Vodka or Tequila. Turn me into a horrible drunk. Vodka makes me nasty and tequila just sends me loopy and dangerous. Both make me want to hand myself in the next day. I avoid them like the plague.

Sambuca. I love the stuff, absolutely love it. Kills me off the next day though but its worth it.

The local story is that loads of men used to “walk the dog” whilst nipping in to the local for a swift one whilst women were putting the kids to bed.

I would occasionally drink dogbite (brown ale and cider) if the lager in a pub was known to be watered down. Forty years ago brown ale was one of the few bottled beers you would get in a pub.
Nothing wrong with brown ale. Reminds me of country pubs in Hampshire in the sixties. Warm ale, bread and cheese, pickle etc. Pipe tobacco, big shaggy dogs, jumpers, goalposts etc.
Quick nurse! The horse pills!

I remember going on an all weekend binge. Taking a big hit of ketamine late Sunday night, then rushing to the front door of my mates house and chucking up over the balcony outside the front door. An hour or so later my mate went to leave and as he was walking out down the stair well below it was dripping onto his head which cheered me up.

Sambuca: nasty stuff anyway
Vodka: see above
Buckfast: turned into an absolute lunatic hurling stuff at everyone, smashing things up, letching on girls then telling them they were “rats” when they rebuffed me, ruined a carpet and generally went totally apeshit before being dragged to bed and waking up absolutely oblivious to any of my behaviour. Oh and I was put to bed at 10pm and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back