Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
how so? great talent from our academy.. had tough luck with injuries. We'd be getting him back having made about £7m off him (sold for £15; bought back for ~£7m). I could see him flourishing under the tutelage of Martinez.

He's not actually good enough for me.

I like the lad but he does not excite me whatsoever - I spent 2 years waiting for it to happen.

He's got the lot. Pace, power and can score. Only 19 too. Would be brilliant if we got him, he'd have the opportunity to learn off Lukaku for 6 months before becoming top dog here.

lukaku has a hell of a lot to learn himself, not sure one 20 yr old learning of another is much of an idea.

just heard that Joel Campbell has got a work permit in the UK. Doubt Arsenal will be going in for that Belgian lad now then as he will probably be here next season

just heard that Joel Campbell has got a work permit in the UK. Doubt Arsenal will be going in for that Belgian lad now then as he will probably be here next season

Who? Lost me there.

On the belgian, so similar to lukaku but a third of the fee? Seems very strange+ his goalscoring record is good but in a poor league.

Not really a thierry henry then?

Who? Lost me there.

On the belgian, so similar to lukaku but a third of the fee? Seems very strange+ his goalscoring record is good but in a poor league.

I think Arsenal bought him and sent him on loan straight away to Olympiacos. He has 6 goals in 16 for them this season. I'm not 100% sure he has got one here but the fella seems pretty sure.

I think Arsenal bought him and sent him on loan straight away to Olympiacos. He has 6 goals in 16 for them this season. I'm not 100% sure he has got one here but the fella seems pretty sure.

He was on loan at Betis from Arsenal last year. Did well, dunno if it's cos' he didn't have a permit though?

Joel Campbell isn't very good. Pacey but not much else.

According to transfermarkt, Olympiakos have a buying clause on him. He's also a diver and a bit of a cnut from what I've seen.

Don't want that kind of player in our team. Disgrace. 5:40 in the video.

[video=youtube;qjDaW3VXjnw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjDaW3VXjnw&feature=youtu.be&t=5m40s[/video]

Last edited:

Guys i think it's relatively clear he is suggesting Joel Campbell may return to Arsenal, in which case there is more likelihood Michy Batshuayi would be coming to us than the Arse who he has also been linked with, as Campbell is a striker and winger also.

No one is suggesting Campbell would be on his way to us. So calm down.

If sheeds confirmed then its good enough for me......seen the same in the mail now as well for what its worth.

Had a look on youtube...hard to tell what kind of forward he is.....any thoughts who he plays like?

He's got the lot. Pace, power and can score. Only 19 too. Would be brilliant if we got him, he'd have the opportunity to learn off Lukaku for 6 months before becoming top dog here.

Whats his buy out, about £6-7m?. Does anyone really think Martinez would go and spend that kind of money this next transfer window?. Im not so sure. This could be something we can look at again in the summer IMO, IF he hasnt already been snapped up.

But for me he's the type of striker we could do with, not your stereotypical No.9 who plays right up top and is a big lump, this lad gets about, doesnt stay on the shoulder, he drops deep, pulls out wide, makes good runs and as got pace and skill and with the way the game is going today, most of the good teams have strikers like that, there clever and fit in to a passing system perfectly.

If sheeds confirmed then its good enough for me......seen the same in the mail now as well for what its worth.

Had a look on youtube...hard to tell what kind of forward he is.....any thoughts who he plays like?

Who? Lost me there.

IMO he isnt like Lukaku, not as tall or big and doesnt play like your typical No.9 on our shores, he basically gets everywhere, got pace, can take a man on and can use either foot. He's decent but a work in progress for me but i'd rather us spend £6-7m on him next summer when weve hopefully got more funds than blow the majority of our war chest next month on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back