Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently trying to do a deal for a lad called Jordan Ayew, they want 4m we want a loan.

Kone replacement?. For £4m i'd take him permanently tbh!. Im sure we only want to do loans but for as cheap as £4m, may aswell sign him up. He's a good prospect, a striker that can fill in out wide so his versitality would be welcomed!.

who does he play for? what sort of striker is he?. I don't play video games so I don't get to hear about 90% of these players before they are posted on here.

Ex Man U player went on loan to Blackburn and scored 3 in 26 and 1 in 5 for united now plays for Hannover 96 and scored 23 in 49 is a strange one really has he progressed as a player or has he simply found his level I'd take a punt on him tbh but I'd rather we go for muller who plays for mainse 05 cracking little winger in a pretty ordinary side.

The Bundesliga is becoming a very good, competitive league these days so i wouldnt knock it too much. At Utd he didnt get a look in and yeah, his record with Blackburn wasnt great but for the majority of his time there, he was played out wide alot by Allardyce and was made to do alot more tracking back in a struggling side than get into goalscoring positions!.

I do seem to remember a time they did actually play him upfront in a cup game and he came away with an hat trick and maybe if Allardyce played him there more regualry, he and Blackburn may of done better?!.

who does he play for? what sort of striker is he?. I don't play video games so I don't get to hear about 90% of these players before they are posted on here.

He's the younger brother of Andre Ayew and they both play for Marseille. Andre is more of a wide man and can play off the striker, Jordan plays upfront but isnt a No.9, he pulls wide, drops deep, got some skill, bit quick, no where near the finished article and maybe thats why we want a loan to see what he's like but at £4m, i think he'd be worth investing in cos he's got some potential!.

Ive seen over the days talk of a cheap bid/deal for Abdi Ibrahim of Man City again, as anyone else heard or seen anything similar. Young midfielder currently on loan at Stromsgodset (sp?) in Norway, likened to Vieira & Yaya Toure in style, could be an option for us in midfield?.

Michy Batshuayi. Apparently on Roberto's radar, also and unnamed English Club is preparing a bid (Not Arsenal) according to that Belgian Journo on Twitter. 8m Euro release clause as well by all accounts.

Let him learn off Lukaku for six months, then he becomes top dog, happy days.

Michy Batshuayi. Apparently on Roberto's radar, also and unnamed English Club is preparing a bid (Not Arsenal) according to that Belgian Journo on Twitter. 8m Euro release clause as well by all accounts.

Let him learn off Lukaku for six months, then he becomes top dog, happy days.

Be nice if it was us in for him, he looks a talent. I'm not so sure that Martinez is keen on spending large amounts of money this window though?!

Might as well close this thread and NO good players will be joining us in January.

Our last nine or 10 or so transfer windows have been negative net spend, and with Roberto claiming Baines isn't for sale, then we'll not be spending any dough.

Yes we might pick up a loan signing or a freebie, but they certainly won't be anything other than emergency squad fillers.

Sad times, yesterday displayed what happens when we're forced to make a change or two. All we've got is one decent player (Gibson) injured and we have to put Osman in whose probably the worst central midfielder in the league - and we're supposed to be looking at top four!

If only we had some cash, you know, like the 15m we didn't spend from the Fellaini and Anichebe money.

Oh well.

Might as well close this thread and NO good players will be joining us in January.

Our last nine or 10 or so transfer windows have been negative net spend, and with Roberto claiming Baines isn't for sale, then we'll not be spending any dough.

Yes we might pick up a loan signing or a freebie, but they certainly won't be anything other than emergency squad fillers.

Sad times, yesterday displayed what happens when we're forced to make a change or two. All we've got is one decent player (Gibson) injured and we have to put Osman in whose probably the worst central midfielder in the league - and we're supposed to be looking at top four!

If only we had some cash, you know, like the 15m we didn't spend from the Fellaini and Anichebe money.

Oh well.

See where you are coming from but in all fairness we got McCarthy, Lukaku and Barry with the Felli and anichebe dosh with only minutes remaining. If we haven't got that money available in January (if martinez decides to buy) or the summer then yes, questions will be asked.

See where you are coming from but in all fairness we got McCarthy, Lukaku and Barry with the Felli and anichebe dosh with only minutes remaining. If we haven't got that money available in January (if martinez decides to buy) or the summer then yes, questions will be asked.

I think Martinez said he didn't need to sell Fellaini. god knows with Everton matee

I think Martinez said he didn't need to sell Fellaini. god knows with Everton matee

I do believe the bit of cash that BK promised was spent on Kone. Don't think we where ever in the position to get McCarthy without the felli sale. I may be wrong. Nevertheless, we can (or should) be in a position to buy in Jan (if RM feels the need to) or the summer or hell is going to break loose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back