Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know what the deal is for heitingha, ive seen its a loan and ive also seen that west ham will pay us the remainder of his contract about 1.5mil, which one is it?

Id swerve danny ings for 8 mil too

I think we are pretty much covered at CB personally.

We have Distin, Jags, Alcopop, Stones and Hibbert at a push, probably even Barry could play there, not to mention we could probably recall Duffy in an emergency, would hate to see us spend any of our very limited funds on a CB. The fullback postion and GK also looks fine.

We are quite light on the wings, in the CM postion and also a Striker, ideally we buy another Mirallas, somebody capable of playing on the wing and upfront, then we defo need cover at CM.

Heitinga seems certain to be gone, sky sources claim that West Ham are taking over the remaining 6 months of his deal, no fee or fcuk involved.

Jags is already out, Distin is carrying a slight hamstring strain ahead of the Stoke game but should be fine but lose him and we will be very short at the back!.

Prepares to be ridiculed, but here goes....three established players who'd suit how we play these days:

Loic Remy
Andreas Weimann
And, ducks behind the sofa, Jonjo Shelvey.....

The first 2 are good shouts and i dont mind Shelvey the player, but because of his Sh!te connections and the fact i think he's a d!ck as a person, i wouldnt be so keen on him.

Remy for me would be ideal, £6m release fee, give him Heitinga's wages. Will no doubt either sign for Newcastle or go back to QPR if they come up and keep picking up his handsome wages down south.

Weimann is a good shout though, gets the odd goal, works his bollox off, can play anywhere in the attacking mid spots and up front if needed.

Wouldn't mind Mitroglou from Olympiakos. Has a great future ahead of him, is young and would cost around 6-8m

Said this on the Everton page on FB. Thing is he's just signed a new deal and where he previously had a 8m Euros release clause in his deal, thats been scrapped and upped i think, not sure what to, but this lad really does seem to have everything.

Good riddance to Heitinga. That's another 55k a week off the wage bill.

I guess Hibbert might retire at the end of the season too, so another 40k or so off the wages.

Shame we're probably spending around 80/90k a week on Kone and Jelavic. Could do with flogging both of them asap, along with Vellios who is clearly never going to make the grade, and that's 200k off the wage bill from players who have't had a look in all season. That's 20m saved in wages over the season.

The best thing about it is we'd only really need to sign two players to 'replace' the five of them, although even getting rid of all five would only generate about 5m in funds.

adam davison ‏@adamdartdavison 1h Danny Ings the player we was In talks with but Everton sign him for around £8m that's including appearances that's the item bound player

adam davison ‏@adamdartdavison 55m
@jwh1982 @LPP2014 no Ings was in talks yesterday but been offered better at Everton

adam davison ‏@adamdartdavison 5m
@BremnersLaces Leeds is a much bigger club than burnley but Everton have the deal done

Not being funny, but what would a darts player from my neck of the woods know about a Burnley striker joining us?!.

And at £8m?! Weve got about £8-10m to spend before sales and were not gonna blow it on a championship striker thats having the season of his life and still as alot to prove!.

For me, i'd rather we went and spent £6.8m on Batshuayi.

The first 2 are good shouts and i dont mind Shelvey the player, but because of his Sh!te connections and the fact i think he's a d!ck as a person, i wouldnt be so keen on him.

Remy for me would be ideal, £6m release fee, give him Heitinga's wages. Will no doubt either sign for Newcastle or go back to QPR if they come up and keep picking up his handsome wages down south.

Weimann is a good shout though, gets the odd goal, works his bollox off, can play anywhere in the attacking mid spots and up front if needed.

Just do a swap with qpr and give them jelevic and 2-3m

Transfer Central TNC@TransferNewsCen

PSG are prepared to release Pastore in the January window, but only on a six-month loan (L’Equipe) -TG

There boys, Gibbo's replacement sorted!....... b)

Thought Weimann & Benteke were lethal last season. I rate them highly.

Transfer Central TNC@TransferNewsCen

PSG are prepared to release Pastore in the January window, but only on a six-month loan (L’Equipe) -TG

There boys, Gibbo's replacement sorted!....... b)

Sign him! He's brilliant when given game time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back