Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks as if heitinga off to West Ham on loan for the rest of the year, expected to be done this week? Would need cover soon if this is the case, even with Jags out like :huh:

Ian Abrahams ‏@BroadcastMoose 7m
My understanding is West Ham are to get some central defensive cover this week in the form of John Heitinga from Everton

Ian Abrahams ‏@BroadcastMoose 4m
My understanding is John Heitinga could arrive before the game at Fulham, on loan until May

Can players only be loaned out during the window? If so is this Vellios' last chance to get one? Would be nice if he could join the duo at Yeovil. Also I wonder if Garbutt will be loaned to a team in the championship. Would be great to see all our young players ripping up the championship and preparing for next season with Everton.

With the money we have and the squad we need I think we will go for:-

Gauld
Soutar
McGready

and unfortunately a striker will have to wait but im gonna say it again we should be targeting Danny Ings at Burnley. I'd like Martins Indi as well but would prefer Soutar first as he looks so so good.

We want his wages gone, thats all they care about. We'll recall Duffy if we have too. Jagielka's injury doesnt change a thing with regards to Heitinga.

Here is a crazy thought for silly season, We sign those scottish lads for as cheap as possible. We immediately loan them back to to the club for the rest of the season. Then in the summer they join up, we assess them through pre season, see where they are at and where they need to improve. On deadline day we re loan them out to the right clubs with specific instructions ala Deufleu to us. FOr example if one went to Dundee or Motherwell you say can you incorporate more passing into his game, or positional improvements etc. Perhaps send them into championship to toughen up physicially. Set them goals and give them the benchmark to overcome next summer to make the team.

Perhaps, just perhaps if we want to be taken seriously these days, we need to have that little bit of swagger regarding our youth. Deamnd what we want, not sending them off to whoever is first in line and forgetting about them for a year.

Lots we need to do with our current players' contracts.

- Baines, Coleman & Ovideo all 18 months left on their contracts. Best thing we can do is to renew all their contracts. Then if Baines wants to leave it should be in the summer only, and the buyer would have to pay top dollar.
- Barry should be signed permanently
- Barkley should obviously be given a new contract befitting his ascension

We do need to ship out some players if we want to do all this and strengthen as well; that's why getting rid of Heitiniga is such a priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back